Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 08, 2020, 06:57:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190013 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Windows 7 x64 and various minor problems, any solutions?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows 7 x64 and various minor problems, any solutions?  (Read 2735 times)
Michael`

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »

I've been playing this game non-stop since my friend gave me a beta key a few days ago (great game by the way)...

that said, I'm having some minor but annoying issues that I believe at least some are related to windows 7.  If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues I would be very grateful.

1) When I log out and close the game, it always crashes.

2) Whenever I start up the game, I have 0 friends on my list.  If I added people before then they are always gone.

3) I can't adjust my mic volume in game, nor can I disable the mic boost.  The volume is stuck on maximum, so my voice sounds muffled and distorted to most players (or so I have been told).

4) I always die in game.

Thanks for any help.
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

I'll see you on the battlefield

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 09:28:22 pm »

I've been playing this game non-stop since my friend gave me a beta key a few days ago (great game by the way)...

that said, I'm having some minor but annoying issues that I believe at least some are related to windows 7.  If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues I would be very grateful.

2) Whenever I start up the game, I have 0 friends on my list.  If I added people before then they are always gone.

3) I can't adjust my mic volume in game, nor can I disable the mic boost.  The volume is stuck on maximum, so my voice sounds muffled and distorted to most players (or so I have been told).

4) I always die in game.

Thanks for any help.

I too am on Windows 7, 32bit Home Premium to be exact.

1) Yeah the game crashes a lot for me too, it doesn't do it during the matches though, so whatever it's beta.

2) Now that is interesting, although I don't think it has anything to do with Windows 7 because friends are tied to the account via server space. And by that I mean your friends list isn't saved on your computer. So you might wanna post that somewhere in the actual tech support forums/ or search forums.heroesofnewerth.com for a hot fix.

3) If you want you can just leave the settings in game the way they are(since you can't change them anyway) and adjust the settings in your Windows Sound configuration to appeal to your liking. However, I don't have any problems changing my sound settings in game for my mic, or for the general sound options.

4) This has nothing to do with Windows 7. =D. Practice makes perfect, and if you haven't played dota or read any of the guides around here, I encourage you to do so. Just search around the hereoes of newerth forum here for the guide section. Some people have actually posted some pretty decent ones. Of course if you don't feel like reading, I see tons of "Noobs only" games to practice in.

**edit** - 3) I actually can't change my mic boost option either, but my friends don't have a problem with my microphone levels.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:34:51 pm by KoopahTroopah » Logged

To my enemies, you stand for everything I live to crush.

teh Frost
Retired from Savage!
Newerth Donator

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like mine?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 08:08:31 pm »

that said, I'm having some minor but annoying issues that I believe at least some are related to windows 7.  If anyone can shed some light on any of these issues I would be very grateful.

It only crashes on minor exceptions, when it's trying to clear memory, HoN has a little mem leak

2) Whenever I start up the game, I have 0 friends on my list.  If I added people before then they are always gone.
It came up with the new patch, soon to be hotfixed, nothing to do with Win7

3) I can't adjust my mic volume in game, nor can I disable the mic boost.  The volume is stuck on maximum, so my voice sounds muffled and distorted to most players (or so I have been told).
Problem with your audio driver, not Win7

4) I always die in game.
Update Windows and get non-suckage.dll

Thanks for any help.

I use Win7 64bit as well and HoN is smooth!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: