Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2019, 09:46:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18430 Members
Latest Member: Drokkas
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Strategies
| | | |-+  Hero Guide: Rampage [Damage] v1.2
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hero Guide: Rampage [Damage] v1.2  (Read 20897 times)
Damage

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:43:15 pm »

-I found a build that works for me. I've gotten great results with it. So i decided to share it with you guys-

Skill leveled required:  Intermediate +

Rampage the Destroyer:
 An in depth item/build guide on a strength character into an agility tank character.

ďIgnore all defenses and concentrate all on destroying the enemyĒ

With my build, we literally invest all your gold into attack speed items.  You'll be fast, powerful and you can literally take on 3 heroes and win.

I've field tested this build many times. It works.

Intro:

Rampage
starting off is a slow character in general.  He starts off with slow attack speed and slow movement speed.
Why?  Because he starts off with these two skills:

Might of the Herd

Horned Strike

Both are movement speed and attack speed based. Therefore they need to start out low.

-Might of the Herd
 increased your damage based on a percentage of your speed.  So basically put, more speed equals more damage

-Horned Strike
 is basically a passive stun skill that deals damage.  The stun it delivers pushes the enemy back and locks him down for the duration of that movement.  This item guide is built around this skill mostly.

Main point of this is to completely lockdown the character.  Constantly pushed back/stunned with horned strike.  With the high concentration of hits the amount of strikes that will hit is undeniable, especially with it at level 4.

:: SKILL BUILD ::

-Might of the Herd
-Horned Strike
-Might of the Herd
-Horned Strike
-Stampede
-Favor of Sol
-Horned Strike
-Might of the Herd
-Horned Strike
-Might of the Herd
-Favor of Sol
-Stampede
-Stampede
-Stampede
-Stats
-Favor of Sol
-Rest into Stats

Game Style:

Youíre going to be targeting stray enemy characters that are innocently farming creeps to the side as a form of money from time to time. Either that or youíre going to be initiating a gank when the opponent is pushing.  Either way, this guide requires you to not be greedy, but play smart and for the team.  The kills will come to you.  If you go looking for it, you will die.
You must rely on your team to make sure the enemy team does not only target you in team fights.  Itís best that youíre not the only strength character on your team. Predator or Pestilence is a nice tank combo for Rampage.

Using your skills wisely:

Stampede and Favor of Sol.  Both are stun skills.  Use them like stun skills.  When in group ganks, donít stampede and ulti the same character.  Ulti some other character that might be dangerous. By then your teammates just be in already to cause havoc.  If done correctly, you should have your enemy running.  By now with Elder Parasite activated, you should have 522 speed.  Thatís the fastest speed possible.  You should easily be able to chase down any character youíre attacking.  Donít be greedy.  Youíll end up dying in ganks if you do. Youíll get your teammates killed or even worse. Genocide.

Items:

Note:  This build requires the player to be at least moderately good. Being able to deny and last hit is a biggy.
This build concentrates almost completely on attack speed.  Rampage really shines with it.  You will rake in the kills and carry the team.
Though might I add that this build is quite expensive and if you die more then three times before you finish your FrostBurn. Stop doing this build.  Switch off and tank up cause by then youíll be underleveled and already fed the enemy team 3 times.  With this build ignoring defense and concentrating soley on attackspeed and damage.  You wont benefit from it anymore.

Starting off:

2 Red potion. Ė if played correctly, that will be all you will need until you reach level 6 and have enough for a  Hungry Parasite.  Runes of Blight might be more appealing but the healing rate is too slow for you to farm efficiently beginning game.

Logger's Hatchet
With your slow attack speed, you'll need that extra damage.  Rampage is blessed with having a nice heavy start off damage. It makes last hitting a whole lot easier

Optional: Mana potion
I personally usually get 1 out of habit.  if you do ever find the need to have to charge an enemy in your lane. you'll need this later on.

After

Hungry spirit- If youíre really low on health, this will help, however I usually go back to pond after I get HP or reach level 6. Which ever first.

Steamboots (str)-  simple.  you'll notice a slight increase in your attack speed.  your horn strick will proc more, but dont expect it to lock down any characters yet

Elder Parasite Recipe- You should start neutraling at this moment. You're not useful enough at this moment.  either push a lane or farm.  you need the money

FrostBurn. Ė Enough said.  This gives Attack Speed, Movement Speed and it has Chilled Effects, which slow the enemy down when struck.  Itís cheap for what it does and its separated into small parts.  Once stacked with activated elder and steamboots, you'll have speed.  good for running away from getting ganked

Warp Cleft x2 Ė Get one, farm/gank, till the other.  Youíll notice a great increase in your Horned Strike actually striking for your first one.   Once you get your second WC. You can easily solo Kongor since youíll have him on lockdown around 75% of the time.

Charge Hammer x2:  +70 attack speed.  Its just an upgrade from 55.  Do not get this before your second warcleft. Youíll regret it.  The lightning is just a nice touch.  Donít rely on the lightning.  Up grade both.  Thatís 140 atk speed guaranteed when Elder Parasite is activated.

Last Item:

Rift Shards: At level 4, itíll do 2.4x critical damage. That is a lot of damage when youíre at lvl 20s.  At such a late level however, it really wont matter since your attack speed makes up for the loss of damage.

Shrunken Head:  I feel this is more useful in team ganks as there will be times when you will get stunned or get caught in a hold. With this, your goal is to target stunners, disablers, nukers.

Conditional Items:

Demonic Breastplate:  I wouldnít get this unless they have a tank that really tanked up.  Even then, you should be ignoring the tank and targeting the squishy ones.  By leaving the tank as last, your whole team can concentrate on it.   Demonic will lower his def points and attack speed.  Itís up to you if you want this.  I personally wouldnít get it.

What not to get:

Staff of Masters: DO NOT GET THIS.  For its price and what it will do for your ulti, it is completely useless.  Youíre better off buying something else.  Do not get this.

Doombringer: Some people would rather get this then RiftShards.  I donít see why.  Itís expensive for what it does and it drops when you die.  Not worth it.

Runed Axe:  Itís a good item to mob, however your attack speed will make up for it.  Getting this item will put you behind on your build since it does not increase attack speed. And youíre only sparing yourself a more seconds.

Plated Greaves:   When you finally finish your build, you should be upgrading your ghost marchers to post haste for that extra movement speed. Plated greaves pointless for Rampage for this build.  Its armor given is negligible when you actually do start ganking.

Skill use Suggestions:

Stampede:
 Can target any character on the map as long as he stays in sight long enough for your rhino to call the sound of charge.  Sadly it cant target a character once it goes into stealth even if you do have the bound eye.

Favor Of Sol.
What I love about this skill is that itís a blink skill.  The moment you hear that targeting sound, you are locked on.  The enemy can blink away or go stealth, you will blink to them and cast this ulti on them.  In group ganks, after you stampede on enemy, ulti someone else to ensure two guys are locked down for a short amount of time.  By doing this, you're allowing your teammates to have a even better chance at taking down the enemy team.

Might of the Herd
When running away from a losing fight. Run with your team. Do not leave them behind.  This will ensure them to have an increase speed boost.  This is a usefull skill in the beginning of the game. Which is why it is the 2nd skill to max out.  Itíll increase your speed and attack early game so you can deny and last hit easier.

Horned Strike
Not much to say. Just since it pushes back the opponent, I would suggest you attack the opponent in the direction you want him to be pushed back.  Away from the group.

Questions and Answers:

Q: Why no tanking items?
A: This build is designed to focus everything on attack/attacks peed.  In group ganks, you should always have a teammate initiate with you.  If youíre targeted by all 5 characters, youíre gone.  This is not a tank character.

Q: Couldnít I ensure successful solo ganks with Token of Life by sacrificing my last item?
A: Yes.  You can but the chances of that happening are all conditional upon the characters and players on each lane and where everyone is.  If its just two characters one lane alone, and the 3 other teammates are far away. You can go for it. Most likely you can kill them both.

Q: Why not items shield breaker?
A:: with the 2.4X critical damage along with the high chance of stun the need for sb is uneeded since the tank on your team should have a demonic anyway.  however if you're the one tanking then sb is still out of the question.
Also broken armor doesnt stack with your frost burn

Q: Can I finish my Charge Hammer before my second warpcleft?
A:  No. As I have said the lightning damage is a nice touch, but its just a luxary that you can live with out. Attack speed is the main key here. Youíre going to pay 3400 gold to increase your attack speed by 15 if you do this. I would just rather pay 2100 for  the 2nd warpcleft.

Q: Can I buy a third warpcleft to increase my attack speed even more?
A: I wouldnít recommend it anymore.  The 30 attacks speed you get from frostburn and the 30 extra attack speed from both charge hammers is basically like another warpcleft by itself.  I would recommend getting Riftshards and upgrading it to level 4.  By doing so youíre increasing your damage by a great deal and your criticals will be amazing with your current attack speed.  A third warpcleft wouldnít be able to match up. Even if you upgrade it to a Charge Hammer, the money could be better used for the RiftShards

Notes:  Many of you might criticize this build.  However rampage is a 1 on 1character.  with no AOE you need to be able to take out the characters as fast as possible.  With this amazing attack speed and movement speed, you'll ensure your opponent will be on 90% if not, permanent stunlock once elder is activated.
With this build, you're making the most use out of your passive skills.

Credits:
http://heroes-newerth.com/heroes/rampage
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:55:54 pm by Damage » Logged
_Wanker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 04:07:02 am »

Thanks dawg, literally. I can literally win now.  Wink
Tradius

HoN Strategist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 01:32:50 am »

Nice guide, similar to the one I had wrote on Rampage, though if I may ask, if you are going for maximum attack speed, wouldn't it make more sense to go steam boots rather than ghost marchers for that +30% attack speed, early survivability, and stat gain?

Though it may prevent you from maxing out your attack speed, I do not see a reason why you should have to spend another 2100 gold for a second warpcleft when you already attack at near-maximum with steam boots. Otherwise, the 2100 gold that you could have saved can be invested into getting riftshards faster and even maybe grabbing a conditional item that you had listed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Damage

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 04:23:49 am »

Nice guide, similar to the one I had wrote on Rampage, though if I may ask, if you are going for maximum attack speed, wouldn't it make more sense to go steam boots rather than ghost marchers for that +30% attack speed, early survivability, and stat gain?

Though it may prevent you from maxing out your attack speed, I do not see a reason why you should have to spend another 2100 gold for a second warpcleft when you already attack at near-maximum with steam boots. Otherwise, the 2100 gold that you could have saved can be invested into getting riftshards faster and even maybe grabbing a conditional item that you had listed.

hmm. i'll take that into consideration. as im still updating.
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 03:25:48 am »

rampage is such a garbage hero outside of em and 1500+ games, honestly he is so bad.. idk why anyone would ever write a guide for him..

ďThe higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
loordi25

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:06:33 pm »

Grin you spelled hungry parasite, elder parasite or hungry spirit? Cheesy btw not necessary to make a guide, hes such a easy hero
Mchief
Continuously leaping over Blazing Chasms
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:11:36 pm »

hmm i think u can use geometer's bane instead of one hcarged hammer  Wink
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 03:27:56 pm »

My item build which works quite good imho:

helmet of the black legion
steam boots
lifesteal (aura one as extra dmg)
frostwolf

after that game should be over else get some dmg or atk boost

Mchief
Continuously leaping over Blazing Chasms
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 04:35:16 pm »

steam boots
elder parasite
geometers bane
helm of the black legion
riftshards/charged hammer ( or both)
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:02:25 pm »

regular marchers at the start for dmg is noob and wont help your damage by lots from what people seem to think for some reason,
check the damage below for the extra damage from wearing boots

marchers
lvl1 adds 2 dmg
lvl2 adds 4 dmg
lvl3 adds 6 dmg
lvl4 adds 9 dmg

pls dont take them to lane... pls

steamboots
lvl1 adds 2 dmg
lvl2 adds 5 dmg
lvl3 adds 8 dmg
lvl4 adds 11 dmg

ghost marchers
lvl1 adds 3 dmg (4 when phased)
lvl2 adds 5 dmg (9 when phased)
lvl3 adds 9 dmg (14 when phased)
lvl4 adds 13 dmg (20 when phased)

imo steam>ghost
helm of the black legion is a crappy item.

herd first is a must, gives +12 dmg, with hatchet have fun with last hits
lvl 1 horned strike is all thats needed until later levels as it's % based

pls dont take boots to lane
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:22:02 pm »

helmet is a nice item if you have an awesome early farm but it's USELESS later on. tbh I always prefer the stun over the speed as it's some nice extra dmg and helpful too for lasthitting and youre sometimes able to save your teammate without any mana cost. still if you want to rely on skills get the 1st skill first.

Anti

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »

Actually I would take Insanitarius over any lifesteal during mid game and let the team get absyll skull, honestly this items gives u everything u lack +9 Damage,+15 Attack speed,+5 Armo,+3 Health regeneration and on activation : +25 Strength,+31 Damage,+10 Attack speed but 35 True damage a second

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:31:51 pm by Anti » Logged

Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:28:16 pm »

its lame all game :p

i find it ruins my last hitting, id rather have 0.5 of a stun then 25 extra magic dmg on each level
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 09:57:30 pm »

never held insanitarius too well. problem is that makes you kill yourself if the enemy team is any good at disabling..

Emerica.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 07:48:25 pm »

ghost marchers is sooo nub on rampage, the more damage you do is not so much, as matt mentioned,

steamboots get you str = damage for str char, attackspeed (more pushes maybe) and decent movementspeed

and anyway ghostmarcher is just good for few heros like CD,but with most heros steamboots is so much better

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: