Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2022, 11:45:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190177 Posts in 11018 Topics by 18663 Members
Latest Member: fastdm
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Chat
| | |-+  UK uni help!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK uni help!  (Read 2179 times)
Scorch

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 12:01:11 am »

Hey guys could anyone like help me about stuff at UK. Im like green about all of it i dont know what to do, i went to a uni's site and theres shitload of text there, i read read read and i get lost and start to panic aaaa this is too complicated! I at 11th class now got 9 from maths 8 from physics and 9 from english, those exams ima going to take and i hope to graduate with good results. Im a social person, has no problem with communication. Maybe anyone has ideas about what i could study cuz tbh i dont know what i want to do in my life. Last 3 years i thought about astronomy cuz i thought its a deep and cool science, like smth more that man doesnt know and cant touch, but now i think is only sitting at your telescope and watching stars and calculating their weights and stuff, thought its kinda booring and i like working with people. What do i need to study at UK, how to start, whats the real deal? How much it costs, hmm that i can check at uni where i will study when i pick what i wanna study, but i dont know that ! So i thought someone has some thought and would help me out! Forward thanks and respect!
Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 03:17:24 pm »

just make yourself a big list of every study course + descriptions you are able to study in the Uk.

then read carefully and cross the shit you dont like out.

after that if you have like 4 or 5 study courses inform yourself deeper, and then make an intership in your last 3 choice's Smiley

More meaning!
Sgt Snake
Godlike Member

Sgt Snake

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 10:31:59 pm »

well for residents of the UK i think its averaged at 3,000 a year for tuition fees? not sure how that would apply to someone coming from overseas. rent around 2,000 a year, but that depends on where you live / how many people you live with. usually you would stay in university halls for the first year.

I don't know how the grading system works for overseas, its based on UCAS points in the UK, and that also depends on the course, i think the average is say a C/B+ of your overall grade overseas? not sure. Generally you choose 5 courses, then apply to those 5 courses, 1 being your most wanted and 5 being your least, so you have options if your not accepted onto a certain course / university. Your best asking your school on where you should go from here they will be able to help the most, or phone a University in the Uk and ask them how you would go about applying to a university.
Theres thousands of courses, spend a week searching through and reading the info on ones you might find interresting / benficial.

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 12:46:17 am »

I chose the course at the top of the list that wasn't accountancy. But take your time to decide what you really want to do, and ask people about their courses!

$hacaR
"The Mod Machine"
Newerth Donator

Warr!or 4 EVER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 01:45:19 pm »

sexology Cheesy

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: