Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 13, 2019, 08:58:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189877 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18415 Members
Latest Member: afodfdfgdgre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Strategies
| | | |-+  Guide to Vindicator [SpearWolf/homeWrecker]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guide to Vindicator [SpearWolf/homeWrecker]  (Read 43450 times)
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:03:25 am »

Vindicator

vin⋅di⋅cate

4. to assert, maintain, or defend (a right, cause, etc.) against opposition.

Vindicator is probably one of the harder heroes to learn. He'll cause alot of frustration for the player at first, but pretty soon, you'll be the one frustrating others.

Skill build 1 (Mid-Late Game Carry Build)

1 – Incantation
2 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
3 – Incantation
4 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
5 - Incantation
6 – Final Chapter
7 – Incantation
8 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
9 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
10 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
11 – Final Chapter
12 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
13 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
14 – Glyph of Silence/Stats
15 – Stats
16 – Final Chapter
17-21 – Stats
23-25 – Sage’s Lore

Your loadout for this build should include x1 runes of blight or a health pot and x2 Marks of the Novice, or, x2 Crushing Claws and one more regen item. (mana pot if you plan on using incantation to farm) Sit back and farm.

Skill build 2 (Early-Mid Ganking/Harassing Build)
1 – Incantation
2 – Sage's Lore
3 – Sage's Lore
4 – Glyph of Silence
5 – Sage's Lore
6 – Final Chapter
7 – Sage's Lore
8 – Incantation
9 – Incantation
10 – Incantation
11 – Final Chapter
12 – Glyph of Silence
13 – Glyph of Silence
14 – Glyph of Silence
15 – Stats
16 – Final Chapter
17-25 – Stats

Rarely used build i've been working on.. Used for early game ganking on weak lanes (usually lanes with a carry). Again, x3 Marks or x2 Claws. Probably a Mana pot and a health pot this time though. And get your ghost marchers and talismans/bracers quick. Continue to gank until you hit mid-game for some carrying. Tongue

-----Early Game-----

Usually pretty quite. You're probably ganking or farming for items right now.

Inventory should look something like this early game transitioning to mid game (plus or minus a manatube):

-----Mid Game-----

Mid game you're focus are these items:

Totem of Kuldra – Guinsoo’s Scythe of Vyse

+35 Intelligence, +10 Agility, +10 Strength, +200% Mana Regeneration, and the ability to turn units into chattering teeth for 3.5 seconds. Cooldown 25 seconds.

Reason: Great Crowd Control item, good mana regen, damage, and stats.

Depending on how well your doing this far into the game:

Doing good? Then get some more damage!
Hellflower – Orchid Malevolence

+20 Intelligence, +40 Damage, +30% attack speed, +225% Mana Regeneration and to Soul Burn for 5 seconds. (Silences and Amplifies damage by 20%) Cooldown: 25 seconds.

Reason: Amazing carry item for Vindicator. Applying soulburn on a key hero can make or break a team fight/clash, and not to mention if it wears off.. you can just use your ultimate Tongue.

Doing poopy?  Then you should of probably gotten bracelets! For now, get some gear that wont make you the focus...
Barbed Armor – Blade Mail

+22 Damage, +5 Armor, +10 Intelligence. When activated, any damage you take will be returned to enemy units. Lasts 4 seconds. Cooldown: 15 seconds.

Reason: Really takes the pressure off you. Pop this sucker when you're getting focused, or, better yet, before you get focused. Gives you alot of time to deal extra damage, get your skills off, and probably save your team mates with your aura, getting rid of those combo-whores.

Null Stone – Linken’s Sphere

+15 to all Attributes, +6 HP regeneration, +150% mana regeneration, and blocks a spell every 20 seconds.

Reason: Overall just a great item to have on Vindicator. If you don't get this mid game, get it eventually. Great regeneration, spell block, and extra stats.

-----Late Game-----

Frostwolf’s Skull – Eye of Skadi

+25 to all Attributes, +200 Hit Points, +150 Mana and grants a Frost Attack

Reason: Great stats, nice hp/mana boost, and probably the best of all, a slowing attack. Before you say, oh, well orbs dont stack spear!! "Chilled" is not an orb effect, and works on top of incantation. So not only are you doing crazy dps, you're stopping their ability to run away with silence, sheepstick, and slow. Smiley

Daemonic Breastplate - Assault Cuirass

+10 Armor, +5 armor aura, -5 armor aura, +40 Attack Speed, and +15 Attack Speed Aura.
Components

Reason: Good for any carry. Great auras for pushing lanes late game.

Replace Ghost marchers with: Post Haste - Boots of Travel

+90 Movement Speed and allows the hero to teleport to friendly non-hero unit. Cooldown: 60 second.

Reason: For catching up with any fast bastards. Great for covering base/pushing when needed.

Closing notes: Vindicator is a make or break hero. Useless or Carry. Whatever you do, don't feed with this hero. He is sort of similar to chronos in the fact that if you die too many times early game, you won't be able to pick up yourself unless you're a very good player: that being said, Vindicator is most likely not for new players.

Vindicator's Strengths and Weaknesses

Weaknesses: Stun lockers, agility carries, anyone who can silence the silencer. Tongue

Very good at stopping combo-whores and stun lock combos, etc:

I'm sure you get the picture.

Verdict: Very good hero. Hard to understand. Vindicator is like riding a bike. Once you figure it out, it doesn't seem so hard after all. Oh, and you never forget how to play him! =P

Hope this guide helped. Written by homeWrecker (HoN Account) / SpearWolf (Savage nick)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:53:40 am by SpearWolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:54:16 am »

lawlwawls incase i need extra space.

edit: if your looking at this guide atleast post some feedback plx, dont just glance through it then not tell me its good or bad.. Sad
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 08:07:56 pm by SpearWolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
ee-iks-es

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:15:11 pm »

why breastplate...
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 12:59:16 am »

I posted a reason. But i guess if you want further reasoning.. I usually get breastplate last if ever; mostly for the attack speed and armor boost. Like i said, it's also good for pushing lanes. The armor boost sort of helps vs. -armor heroes like Pestilence, Soul stealer, and also helps if the enemy has a shield breaker. Any other questions?

Arvin
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 03:16:58 pm »

Nice guide SpearWolf, I actually haven't tried him yet. But he is strong in lanes, by sucking the mana out of you.

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 12:04:14 am »

Nice guide SpearWolf, I actually haven't tried him yet. But he is strong in lanes, by sucking the mana out of you.

arv! didnt know noobs played hon Evil ty though, and i miss you guys

sucks i cant play with you aussies, maybe if i set my region to australia/nz i could play.. though i'd have shit ping!

Arvin
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 02:54:21 am »

Us Australians play on US servers, since there is no AUS servers. And we get the best ping in USW servers. So we could still play.

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 07:30:27 am »

Us Australians play on US servers, since there is no AUS servers. And we get the best ping in USW servers. So we could still play.

whats your alias bro! mines homewrecker Tongue aka what im worst at in savage

Arvin
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2009, 08:02:30 am »

Arvin - Arvin
Lueshi - Rahn

Smiley

sakindevil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:22:15 pm »

Only if I read this before I played with him Tongue nice guide. Next time I play with vnidi I most likely will do better Afro
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 07:29:05 pm »

You should mention how to successful farm with him as it's surely the hardest point in playing him. When I started to play him I had heavy problems getting up ANY gold so farming up kuldra is a thing which is impossible if you're new to him

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 06:07:08 am »

This guide is outdated.. I'll work on fixing it soon. lol.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: