Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 23, 2019, 05:23:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189588 Posts in 10984 Topics by 18214 Members
Latest Member: saztaynisk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  uhhh, What?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: uhhh, What?  (Read 2676 times)
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

I'll see you on the battlefield

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 03:30:47 am »

Has anyone tried the new hero, Malikai or whatever his name is.

He seems like the most imbalanced thing that has every come out of S2 or Icefrog. Lemme break it down for anyone who hasn't seen him in action yet. If you know how to play him/who he is just skip to the bottom.

He's a strength hero with a nuke/heal (depending on how you use it), a morph ability that effects his attacks and nuke, a passive for crit, and a transform ultimate.

The morph - Don't remember what it's called.
-You activate one side of the ability and it increases the damage of your attacks and the damage of your nuke but takes 15 life every time you hit, and 40 life every time you use your sword.

-You activate side two, and it decreases your damage by 40 and costs 15 mana per attack but gives you 40hp per hit, and your sword now heals 40 hp per target that it hits(max 300 hp). The sword still does it's damage.

Throwing Sword - Nuke/Heal
Costs a bit of mana but the effects are ridiculous.
About 240 magic damage tossing the sword outward like a boomerang for about 6 seconds animation time. See effects above for mesh with the morph ability. Also you can use the ability again anytime while the sword is still in the air to teleport to the sword.

Passive - Critical Strike
I didn't think much about it until I read it. Basically you get percentage to 1.8x critical strike based on percentage of life lost. Something like for every 1% of life lost it increases your crit chance by .75%, so that you don't ever have 100% crit even though 50% is enough as it is. lol.

Transform Ultimate
Turns you into a giant daemon with ranged attacks and percentage to do splash ranged for about 30 seconds. It's like 40% 100aoe 25% 250aoe 10% 400aoe splash, like Ogre's ult in dota. It also casts fear to any enemy hero units around you. For anyone who hasn't played WoW or regular warcraft for that matter, fear basically silences you and makes you lose control of your character while you run around like a chicken with it's head cut off. It only lasts 2 seconds thank god.

Now let's think about this. A STR hero that can tank/heal himself and does massive, MASSIVE damage. Not to mention that he can disable with his ult and then sit in the back while others fight up front. I can't imagine a wrong build with this character.

Am I shocked they added something like this? A little bit, but not really. I mean he is fun, don't get me wrong. But he's that bad kind of fun that you feel bad for having afterwards. I don't really know about him, any thoughts?

To my enemies, you stand for everything I live to crush.

hotdoghua

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 04:24:29 am »

whao haven't play yet but that hero seem imba haha Grin
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 04:38:03 am »

I just played him again in an apem match vs a bunch of squishies. Safe to say, if you play him like a tank, you win the game.

hotdoghua

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 05:19:43 am »

have to try him when i can play Grin
jaguar
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:44:40 am »

When new heroes are added they get very little balance testing so will most likely be unbalanced when added. Then after the devs get to play some real games with it they can get it balanced.
Mchief
Continuously leaping over Blazing Chasms
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 07:49:54 am »

played arachna vs him was 4 lvls back and beat thd s*** outa him. Yep its very imbalanced but manageable. :p
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 11:53:32 am »

he is no way op, his base stats, armour, and progressive stats are horrible

his dmg sword adds 40 physical (which gets reduced by your armour) and hits him for 20 true

hit teleport is slow and you can see where he is going easily

his ulti has fear and splash, so how does he do massive damage with crappy stats?

you've obviously played one game and got owned by one that was fed, why do i think that?
he is totally item dependant, you can't remember how to spell his name and you think he deals massive damage
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:44:57 pm »

maliken is quite imba from what i've seen. Undecided

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 08:05:30 pm »

in the right hands, he's a decent, yes decent teamplayer. He's a great team vs team initatior with his blink and ult. In the right hands if farmed he'll own but the same can be said for many heroes. I've seen malikens go 0-10 and I've played maliken going 19-3 and 4-2-29. He's also great for chasing with his blink and slow.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
KoopahTroopah
KoopahTroopa

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 09:05:59 pm »

he is no way op, his base stats, armour, and progressive stats are horrible

his dmg sword adds 40 physical (which gets reduced by your armour) and hits him for 20 true

hit teleport is slow and you can see where he is going easily

his ulti has fear and splash, so how does he do massive damage with crappy stats?

you've obviously played one game and got owned by one that was fed, why do i think that?
he is totally item dependant, you can't remember how to spell his name and you think he deals massive damage

Though I understand where you're coming from, this entire post could've been summed up with "He has crappy base stats". Which would've sounded a lot better than "you've obviously played one game and got owned"

Also, nah, I played as him and felt bad for the kids I beat. I carried a 0/3/1 and a 0/7/3 and somehow won. You're right that's not op.

And haven't I seen that sig somewhere else...?

maliken is quite imba from what i've seen.

I know right!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:14:44 pm by KoopahTroopah » Logged

a]x[Scott
The one and only

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 08:39:12 pm »

ive seen malikin played right and ive seen him played wrong, so its def who gets him and if they get insanitarious - gg no re.... but yeah i can see ur point on how he may be a little imba, but thats what beta is for isnt it Smiley

Tradius

HoN Strategist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 06:19:37 am »

Well, it doesn't look like he has any actual disables, other than a mediocre slow. He is definitely a powerhouse, could be nerfed. Morph ability and Throwing Swords abilities seem OP. Yeah, he needs to be debuffed along with the other dozen heroes that need to be nerfed too.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: