Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 05, 2020, 02:49:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190012 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  Editor and Listen Server bug
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Editor and Listen Server bug  (Read 1988 times)
NamedNubcake
Homewrecker

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2009, 01:11:40 pm »

hey all, sorry in advanced if these have already been answered.

1: Upon hovering over an object in the map editor (I'm not sure but it seems to be on objects with animation) the map editor crashes. EDIT2: debug.log in case it helps: http://pastebin.com/m21b5b3c9

2: Upon hosting a game it attempts to "Connect to server" (the first stage before the chain picture is linked together) but it never seems to connect. This also happens when I try in console "world eden2" or whatever.

thanks.

EDIT: I should mention I am using rmod 2.

Also, system specs:
Windows XP Pro
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.00ghz (2 CPUs)
3072 Mb RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 series (forget what exactly it is but that's what dxdiag says)

EDIT3: Problem temporarily solved, see below
I fixed it!

Well it's a temporary fix anyway.

TO ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM:

Always have gfx_fog set to 0 before you hover over an object with Object tool.

This might be something worth taking into consideration for XR devs (if you believe it's worth fixing  Sad)

EDIT4: oh and renaming savage1.s2z to something like rmodsavage1.s2z will solve the listen server issue. Somehow rmod stops you from hosting a game Smiley
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:17:29 pm by NamedNubcake » Logged

NamedNubcake
Homewrecker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 01:52:36 pm »

thank you all for your replies :\

Chiprel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:27:11 pm »

Hello! Wink

First of all.. I saw your post some time ago but I really don't have any good idea "how to fix it" so i didn't posted. Cause nobody answered you i'll try my best.

I got same problem with my old ati radeon 9200 while i was using official drivers. When I switched to omega drivers(there are no versions for new gfx cards from what i heard) all worked well. My friend with radeon 9600 got fps loss while hovering over object in editor(from 110-120 to 3-5).

With my current gfx card(radeon 3850) I have big problems with editor too (none in normal game). Fps are awkwardly low for my gfx card (around 40-80 on empty map-got same fps with radeon 9200). I tried to create some new cool map with triggers and stuff but editor is just crashing randomly(6 crashes in 10min). So I just dropped my idea of new map Tongue

1. I read somewhere here on forums that editor crashes on Radeon graphic cards if you dont have "ati catalyst control center" installed. I installed it some time ago thru I didn't checked if that fixes editor crash.

You could try to install it if you dont have it yet. If that won't solve your editor problem then try to use newer/older drivers for you graphic card(if there are any..).

2. Try running savage in administrator mode if you are on vista. I think that there was similiar topic/post about that problem. I don't remember if there was any fix for it or not.

You could try to redownload savage xr(without rmod) and check if you have same problem(I dont think its rmod fault).. or try sfe.. It would be cool if you could post if you have same issues on sfe.

Good luck.  I hope this helps a bit Tongue

NamedNubcake
Homewrecker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:29:55 pm »

Thank you for your reply Chiprel  Cool

I'll try downloading new drivers then, and reinstalling XR.

The crash also happened on my handily-still-installed copy of SFE.

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 01:25:25 am »

EDIT: I should mention I am using rmod 2.

Try using the editor without the rmod.
NamedNubcake
Homewrecker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 10:22:20 am »

I fixed it!

Well it's a temporary fix anyway.

TO ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS PROBLEM:

Always have gfx_fog set to 0 before you hover over an object with Object tool.

This might be something worth taking into consideration for XR devs (if you believe it's worth fixing  Sad)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: