Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 12, 2021, 10:51:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190083 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18595 Members
Latest Member: Windwalker1218
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Some ideas on Savage or why it isn't so popular now
Poll
Question: Am I right?
Yes
Partialy, but mostly yes
Partialy
Partialy, but mostly no
No

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Some ideas on Savage or why it isn't so popular now  (Read 24496 times)
WarDragonZ
Divine Punishment Form

50% tempest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2009, 07:24:29 am »

Nice that can you agree with shag and paci, except they have contradicting views, rofl.

You're awesome at forums en, seriously. If you aren't going to say where and why, i'm not wasting my time, I hate these kinds of posts. They are useless, like the one you just made, which accomplishes nothing other than making me dislike you (mission accomplished).

I listed what I agreed with, shag about the community being garbage and the melee being fucked up, and paci about everything except the player amount, which nobody would stand for due to the large number of noobs that are permanently going to want maxed out servers.

SO SORRY I could of missed one minor detail that they so clearly disagree upon. Problem with that is, I didn't list anything they disagree on. So I don't give a flying fuck regardless.

When did you turn into such a faggot btw? I guess this is what happens when you spectate savage all day. Rubs off on everybody.

~xoxo <3 wd
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:36:59 am by WarDragonZ » Logged

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2009, 09:06:47 am »

Woah Drama :|
I'll just quote shag's post so you can compare those two by yourself. It's from another topic so that's my bad, but idc.

okay, let's take normal 2.00e server settings like mpuk for example;
there the xp gain by building and mining is close to zero, so its fair for everyone right?
oh wait, you know what will happen when the newbs has no chance to get xp?( besides killing npc's)

newbs will be raped by high level vets over and over. because killing grants the most xp - and who gets the most xp? you guessed it right, the vets.(the newbs will never reach lvl 9)

thus newbies stay at low xp because every spawn they will be killed once again by the high level vet's(unless they kill npc's).

now on servers with high xp gained by mining and building. newbs will get levels quicker, and because you don't get bonus for levels after 9 newbies will reach max level quickly. and will have no disadvantage over the vet's.

You're awesome at forums en.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2009, 10:09:19 am »

Woah Drama Undecided
I'll just quote shag's post so you can compare those two by yourself. It's from another topic so that's my bad, but idc.

okay, let's take normal 2.00e server settings like mpuk for example;
there the xp gain by building and mining is close to zero, so its fair for everyone right?
oh wait, you know what will happen when the newbs has no chance to get xp?( besides killing npc's)

newbs will be raped by high level vets over and over. because killing grants the most xp - and who gets the most xp? you guessed it right, the vets.(the newbs will never reach lvl 9)

thus newbies stay at low xp because every spawn they will be killed once again by the high level vet's(unless they kill npc's).

now on servers with high xp gained by mining and building. newbs will get levels quicker, and because you don't get bonus for levels after 9 newbies will reach max level quickly. and will have no disadvantage over the vet's.

You're awesome at forums en.

en that is noob settings, i obviously don't want those settings myself. nab!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:26:06 am by Shagroth » Logged

tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2009, 04:14:15 am »

bah, arse black, spin block...

Just when you pred masters are used to deafeating most people then get a nasty slap from a decent blocker. Then its the games fault...

Cheesy

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
soulfly

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2009, 08:20:10 pm »

Take a look at the fucking LEET US server and the douche bags they got for refs will just astonish you with their blatant abuse.  Someone new discovers Savage and tries it out, then sees what assholes everyone is and "Fuck this game, everyone is and asshole."  Veterans play the game and say"Fuck this game, everyone is an asshole."
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2009, 10:05:42 am »

Don't worry, once I start playing again people will flock back to the servers!

Also, I strongly disagree with tiered servers in savage not only because I have about 5 accounts, but because I don't play enough to play with people at my skill level (even combining the account stats).

Also, skill is not totally dependant on time played. I like to think of myself as a decent player but I have spent a very small amount of time actually playing games.

Graal

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2009, 07:01:26 pm »

Their is one simple way of making the community complaints of stop modding in retarded voices go away.

Have a special seperate modd pack, like Samuri, and a few servers, and work on the game throught that, wile everyone who dosent want to download this new modd and help debugg it can play the usual tard games. That way, the game essentialy enters a form of beta development, and its entrance to this can be controlled by the modders to actualy include people with constructive critasism.

For the teirs idea: Generate stats basd on your AVERAGE PERFORMANCE PER GAME. With some kind of compensation for long time away from game ect.

To solve the Ref problems: Most exploits are through 1) walking over places you shouldnt, so shoddy map making, tighter map testing rules, or a map tester team.
2) shimmying up buildings that are at a small angle to each other, for this we should see about some kind of script to generate small barriers in game to block off the aras that would cause the bug. This would work easly with a map, as general can be made on load up, and invisable. Also when comm builds building Then they can be generated as fast as buildings are being made, wich, to be frank, evern with 4 comms will be slow and easy to do, the objects only have to run high up enought to stop movement of players jumping. To stop this becoming a building bug, make it only affect players.
3) Spawning over/on objects, Spawn should only be initiated if the area infront of the spawn point that the character is taking up is fully clear on that plane of existance. Ie: Grimms wall infront of the Sub = spawn nxt to sub not infront/ontop of wall
4) Map buggs, if someone can debugg the terrain templates and add some kind of barrier to the map sides so no one jumps off the edge.
5) Arcs of attack, If you can make objects cut the attacks range of the weapon then we wont have behes hitting through solid brick walls, players jumping up and hitting you throguh the floor ect.

These are 5 main reasons why we have Refs, fix them, then their wont be as much need for as many refs.

Also: Add a reason for boot box for refs, and a complaint button for cliants to refs, so that EVERYONE can veiw them.

That will help the ref problems.

Making people able to characterise their units?
Let them be able to Import their own texture plates for their units, supplying them a decent template for it of course, and a simple option: Display custom character textures.

The Block and melle issues:

Take the Melle systems from every single major game modd, compare, and blend all the best bits from each system into one, debugg and test thouraghly through the beta modd i already suggested, and see how it goes. If its wors than current, DO NOT permo implament it, if its better, continue debugging till it makes the current look like lame ass crap compared then IMPLAMENT IT.

Model makers and animators:
If we managed to get an advert out to sites, and so forth, we could probably attract some decent modders and animators who want to test their skills for free.  

Deadth animations:

XR is set to change this to some kind of watery/floppy body. Ive seen this before, it can go realy well, or fail. i suggest we wait for this one untill we decide. I also suggest some kind of mass to dead bodys, walking through a dead behemoth is strange, xP Of course if it falls on you players should etaher be killed or shoved out of the way.

Seige whores:

Increase spawn time for players choosing seige weapons, ie: every time they switch to seige weapons from normal units, add 10/15 seconds to their spawn time. With a max off 15/20 seconds added wait, that can only be reinitiated indefinatly, but never gain over 20 added spawn seconds. This allows players to spawn seige in defence, but they cannot suddenly switch or die and respawn as one as fast as usual. This can be changed to fit the most sutable value, but i belive this solution would at least reduce seige whore incidents.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:03:59 pm by Graal » Logged
BEARD!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2009, 07:21:33 pm »

For the teirs idea: Generate stats basd on your AVERAGE PERFORMANCE PER GAME.

Isn't that how stats work anyway?

3) Spawning over/on objects, Spawn should only be initiated if the area infront of the spawn point that the character is taking up is fully clear on that plane of existance. Ie: Grimms wall infront of the Sub = spawn nxt to sub not infront/ontop of wall

I think XR server has something like this.

Of course if it falls on you players should etaher be killed or shoved out of the way.

Killed please! On a similar note, it would be cool if shrapnel from cata/balli explosions did damage Smiley

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2009, 08:06:02 pm »

ffs just let this thread sink, it made me argue with wd for no reason.

Graal

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009, 08:10:48 pm »

Sorry Enliven, want me to post the solutions i came up with in a new thread?
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 08:18:27 pm »

You didn't come up with solutions, you simply wrote too much about stuff everyone already knows about, sorry.

-Kerberos-

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2009, 03:26:39 pm »

Graal I see some good ideas there, keep up with good job and post your ideas some new topic or so! Smiley

@Enliven what does it really matter if some ideas are discussed already? Isn't it good that ppl shows interest in Savage?

Comm of Commanders

Solid Player

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2009, 06:11:19 pm »

for me its better if ther will be a server for NEWBIE where they can learn..
like a school thing-- in that server need a 1 teacher who will teach newbies^^
giving them lesson and ASSIGNMENT!!! Grin then if they finnished the lesson or graduated they can now
join the PROS.... Evil

the PRO server thing is gooD...
SO,,. the newbie will be not FARMED and KICKED by some NUBSy nomad farmer man shitty kitty Cheesy

and thats why no more new PLAYER coming!!!  because no 1 teaching them insted Bullying them..

1.Do you wanna play an ONLINEGAME on net if you always Die and Die And Died untill you Cry!!! Cry

2. Are you gonna stick in a game if you always get Bully!!!  Tongue

3.Are you still going to play a game that you dont know and no 1 want to teach youo_O

4.Are you going to be a Solid player if no 1 likes you??? Undecided

nnnnnnn                       nnnnnnnnn                   oooooooooooo
nnnnnnnn                     nnnnnnnnn                  oo                 oo
nnnn  nnnnn                  nnnnnnnn                ooo                   ooo
nnnn     nnnnn               nnnnnnnn              ooo                       ooo
nnnn       nnnnn              nnnnnnnn              ooo                      ooo
nnnn        nnnnnn            nnnnnnnn              ooo                     ooo
nnnn           nnnnnn         nnnnnnnn               ooo                   ooo
nnnn              nnnnnn       nnnnnnnn               ooo                 ooo
nnnn                nnnnnnn   nnnnnnnn                 ooo               ooo
nnnn                   nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn                   ooo            ooo
nnnn                       nnnnnnnnnnnn                      oo          oo
nnnn                         nnnnnnnnnnn                        oooooooo

Renegade
Newerth Referees (EU)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2009, 06:35:06 pm »

the way u narrated is weird thou, you're telling the truth.

Tirza and many tried to teach new comers Savage including me (Even that HoN key campaign)., i brang like 10 dudes but they just found it useless else than HvH. -good community effect i think-

But to be good in Savage you ought to have a really high patience for the day not getting wtfpwnd from some good preds or super range humans. Such patience is something i can not expect to see in new generation players.

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2009, 09:47:51 pm »

the way u narrated is weird thou, you're telling the truth.

Tirza and many tried to teach new comers Savage including me (Even that HoN key campaign)., i brang like 10 dudes but they just found it useless else than HvH. -good community effect i think-

But to be good in Savage you ought to have a really high patience for the day not getting wtfpwnd from some good preds or super range humans. Such patience is something i can not expect to see in new generation players.

kids today total suck, we were sooo much different.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: