Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 07, 2020, 08:21:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189971 Posts in 10997 Topics by 18478 Members
Latest Member: CharlesErons
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  mapping question + suggestion to make Savage more balanced
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: mapping question + suggestion to make Savage more balanced  (Read 3747 times)
TexasMd91

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2006, 07:02:00 am »

im colour bind and my friend said that when ever its h v h or, b v b that they both have a dfiffrent color, orange and blue, so im wondering if its possible to edit the skin file in photoshop and instead of blue and orange, make it black and white (not fully but enough so that i can tell diffrent), so the question is, what file will i have to change,

im not sure if im able to change the color, because it mite be server side not client side Angry,

btw heres my lil suggestion to make it more balanced, as almost every 1 knows beasts > humans

adding horses will really improve making it more balance,
horses would count as an item, when ever it is activated, (chosing the item and then clicking) a horse will appear and you will get on, givig you 50% more hp, and the ability to run for how ever long you got the horse activated,
like most items after a certain ammount of time the item will be disabled, instead it will be when you lost 1/3 of your health(sence the horse gives you 1/3 more hp Tongue), and after that the horse will fall, and die and then your at 100% hp (sence the 1/3 was the horses)

AloN
Infinite Tranquility.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 07:24:43 am »

First, I'm sorry for your colour blindness.

Now, skin files are in your savage/game/savage0 zip/rar file. simply open it and then go to human/beast, search there a bit and you'll find the skin files. (and it's cilent side btw, but some servers don't allow modified client side changes)

For your suggestion, well, horses can be really fun and encourge mappers to make bigger maps, but it's a dirty hard work to create them (skin,animations,bug fixes, etc..). And tbh I don't think that we'll see horses in savage2 too.

TexasMd91

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 08:05:02 am »

alright thnx,

i found it, but its a s2z file, i know thats just a .zip filed renamed to .s2z, but i dont know how to change a .zip back to a s2z, sence the name is now "savage0" with just a zip icon, so now the question is, now do i change the .zip back to an .s2z

Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:07:51 am »

alright thnx,

i found it, but its a s2z file, i know thats just a .zip filed renamed to .s2z, but i dont know how to change a .zip back to a s2z, sence the name is now "savage0" with just a zip icon, so now the question is, now do i change the .zip back to an .s2z
Uhm... this is not really possible; you have to take an s2z as base, modify it, rename it, but you may not use a new zip file, since it has got a totally different header.
Hope

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:03:12 am »

Actualy horses are allready in savage. I think i saw them in samurai wars when i first played it.
 It wouldnt take too long to transfer them.
Hope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 05:10:04 pm »

Made my own team beast version. Its red instead of orange, guna test it in a minute, if its any good ill post here, with link Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: