Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 09, 2020, 12:00:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190015 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  Attributes in XR
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Attributes in XR  (Read 5579 times)
Ulquiorra
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 05:42:57 pm »

bugs only come around cus of the programers Tongue (trust me its a as to de bug a proram xD)

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 01:38:29 am »

My main reason against it is that it conflicts with the game's style. In terms of a pub game, people just like to join a team, spend 3 seconds choosing a loadout and jump right into the action. Spending ages faffing with skills not only slows this down, but adds complexity to a game that already has the learning curve of a brick wall.

I can see it having promise in scrims, but I really wouldn't like it. More options is good, but too many produces a major headache from the calculating man's point of view.

Though I like the fact you're coming up with an idea, and I can see where the appeal comes from since it's been implemented into other games successfully, I just don't like it.

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2009, 03:12:10 am »

If Preds were to ever lose their ability to 1-2-3 Legionnaires I would probably quit right then and there.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 11:02:53 am »

NO WAY this will ever be implented. remember all the other 8+ pages long discussions about changing (minor parts) of gameplay? what actually changed? NOoooooOOOooooTHING at ALL

jaguar
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 01:50:48 pm »

I already said IF something like this was ever implemented then it would be a new game mode. Do you guys just look for every little thing on these forums that you don't agree with and say no?

Voldo: about the wanting to join as fast as possible could easily be done by the user selecting a type of build. Like a melee pred, range pred, support build etc. This is something I think should have been done in Savage 2 because I hate wasting time working out what attributes to add to what.

cutter: I agree. But I think if this was ever done you would have to put up certain attributes in order to help make sure you still 1-2-3 legos. For example a lego with lots of armor would be able to take 4 hits from a pred that doesn't have it's strength increased (basically like now when you are low lvl pred vs high lvl lego). Of coarse this would take a lot of balancing which is the main reason I don't think it would ever get done.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2009, 02:09:05 pm »

i don't condemn adding new stuff, but i'dd rather have improvements of the current game instead of addons [ http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,7662.0.html ] is a nice (altough slighty amusing) example

jaguar
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 01:27:57 am »

Yeah if any of this does happen (which I doubt) then it will be done after a lot of other stuff. A whole new user interface would be nice, VoIP, melee tweaking, tutorial, WAY better editor (this is one of the priorities), polish (like the things that phoenix said) etc...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: