Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2020, 01:40:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18532 Members
Latest Member: Aerith
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Humans got lazers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Humans got lazers  (Read 10471 times)
DarknesS
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2009, 09:15:10 pm »

Huh

* shot00220.png (865.62 KB, 1152x864 - viewed 300 times.)
EvilRebel
I'm a Pizza

I really love food

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23:08 pm »

People quit because of lazers? I thought that was one of the things that attracted new players.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »

LAZERS PEW PEW

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 09:34:56 pm »

Who are you gonna call?

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 09:40:48 pm »

Who are you gonna call?

Ghostbusters!

On-Topic: this is exactly what makes noobs leave. We really need servers for noobs ONLY to not scare them away directly.

UnnamedNewbie
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 09:46:29 pm »

Who are you gonna call?

Ghostbusters!

On-Topic: this is exactly what makes noobs leave. We really need servers for noobs ONLY to not scare them away directly.

This game is really hard to learn and new players like me die a lot. I really hope that we will get servers soon where experienced players are not allowed to play. Savage has no future the way we have it actually.
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 09:57:24 pm »

if want to train, Cola made to servers for newbs and people who want to practice abit, Euro's Funpark and Special Training
Eurofun park has a few "extras" to it e.g.beasts move faster and humans have a near unlimited block,
Special training is more like a duel server with more places to duel, + you can commander train there + unlike Girls dueling matches and Eu matches there are weapons e.g. flux AS LONG AS A COMMANDER HAS RESEARCHED THEM
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 09:58:48 pm »

and i forgot to say, both servers don't have stat recording on, out of the 3 servers by Cola (fr) only the European Server has stat recording on
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:10 pm »

if want to train, Cola made to servers for newbs and people who want to practice abit, Euro's Funpark and Special Training
Eurofun park has a few "extras" to it e.g.beasts move faster and humans have a near unlimited block,
Special training is more like a duel server with more places to duel, + you can commander train there + unlike Girls dueling matches and Eu matches there are weapons e.g. flux AS LONG AS A COMMANDER HAS RESEARCHED THEM

the noob server is filled with advanced players whoring them down.

UnnamedNewbie
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »

I'm sure Cola did that with the best intentions for the future of Savage, but I like to learn the game the way it is, not on a modded server. All you need to do is banning experienced players and not changing the gameplay.
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »

at least Cola tried to do something, people whoring them suck, god knows why they do it though, no stats are recorded, u just waste your time/life on a server
UnnamedNewbie
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »

I tried to play on Colas Newbie server, but I like fighting and not mining. If I go fight I get farmed by players which mined until level 4. So I'm forced to mine too. Good players can exploit their xp level much better than newbies. A good player with level 4 might be 70% better while a newbie with level 4 is only 20% better. Fast xp is not newbie friendly. Same counts for the respawn time. From fast respawning mainly profit good players because they don't die much and fast respawning allows them to be constantly on the battlefield. But I have to admit that full health for placed buildings is a step into the right direction for newbies. 30-40% health would be better.
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 11:09:05 pm »

maybe i will tlka to Cola, see what he can do, because hes doing something atm, unless Neerth tried to do something Smiley
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 11:29:32 pm »

fast xp is maybe as newbie friendly as it gets.

lets take a situation like this :

old serversettings a'la 2.00e where you get close to zero xp by mining/building.

who will get the most xp first? yes the person who kills the most, and with more xp he will kill the lower leveled players even faster. they won't be able to get levels at all, unless they farm npc's.

UnnamedNewbie
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2009, 11:43:24 pm »

I agree, the default XP is very low. Make the XP then a bit higher but not too high, so for good players it will be less attractive and they will go and kill instead and newbies might mine a bit first or kill NPCs. But the leveling up should take about the same time for both activities.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: