Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 05, 2021, 12:59:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190103 Posts in 11013 Topics by 18609 Members
Latest Member: pahtrick99
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Heroes of Newerth
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes of Newerth  (Read 102878 times)
EvilRebel
I'm a Pizza

I really love food

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 02:18:16 pm »

You have a grudge because they are using a storyline that they used in 2 other games as a comic to add a bit of background to why the game has beasts and that kind of tech/magic?
No. I have a grudge because they are completely changing the storyline with every single game. There is nothing left of the Savage 1 story except the word Newerth

S2Maliken

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 03:01:08 pm »

Here is a good start to not being disappointed - you don't have any preconceived notions as to what HoN will be  Smiley

The storyline of HoN very much follows and expands upon humans, beasts, and hellbourne.  The original Newerth IP that was created for Savage 1 had its good points and it had a very cool art style but wasn't really deep or as thought out as the extension of it with Savage 2.  HoN is very very much so part of the Newerth IP that I originally created and continue to develop.  There are some tangents in HoN where we did go off just a bit here and there for the sake of gameplay.  IMO, gameplay trumps all, or at least *should*.
EvilRebel
I'm a Pizza

I really love food

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 06:09:03 pm »

Quote from: really old info about secret project from S2's website
What lies inside? What perils? What adventures to be had? Soon you shall know...
But consider this... Both GOOD and EVIL things come to those who wait...
Good and Evil. What I liked about newerth was the fact that those things don't exist

Ulquiorra
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »

well dpended how u look at it

Evil could be the humans hunting and killing more than there fair take, or the beasts killing randomly

I say people Not to get there hopes up for a saavge 1 or savage 2 better remake, If its something fresh its something freshi like bioth games (prefere savage one as its easier to pick up and play) and look at it this way people see that try that and think hmm ill have a look at the other games,

darkbread
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

a lump of bread, that is of a dark color...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 11:58:51 am »

Its either a FPS or RTS

Chiprel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2009, 12:15:06 pm »

I think that HoN is action RPG. Get a team and hack thru enemies to the end of level. Something like Diablo (but in 3d) + fighting/action game.

I could like it  Rolleyes

jaguar
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2009, 02:07:32 pm »

It is RPGish as quoted from S2games.
EvilRebel
I'm a Pizza

I really love food

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »

My guess is that we get 100 fans every 5 days. So we should probably see the first vid in 37 days or so. However if closed beta should start without delay (for the first time ever in S2's history) then we might know what kind of game it is already 12th May if we ask the invited testers.

Bigfoot29
I am I - who are you?
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 04:27:17 pm »

Remember that the "invited players" have a sort of NDA. Tongue

May already for the beta? Not bad. But well, the engine is there. Putting some content together shouldn't be that hard. ^^

Still, I will wait this time to see a working demo I can put my hands on. No more broken promises.

Oh, and why should sign up at/for anything if we can't use the game before the middle of may anyway? If the beta takes only half as long as the Sav2 one, we do still have half a year to inhale all news coming along before the release.

Maliken: It were the simple things (simple, but good story, simple, but good music, simple, but good gameplay) what made Sav1 a success. When I want to play epic stories and complex stuff, I play RPGs. When I want to have fun, I play Sav. But thats something you guys didn't realize for Sav2 - so why should it be different with the next game? But hopefully, this are only weird thoughts of an weird old man...

Regards, Bigfoot29
EvilRebel
I'm a Pizza

I really love food

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 06:13:04 pm »

Closed beta is scheduled to start 12th May and end 9th June (I assume they start public beta then). AFAIK Marc is using a different strategy than from sav2. This time beta will be free for everyone as soon as closed beta ends. They try to get as many people into trying the beta. That's why they are currently trying to build a fanbase through Facebook. When everything is ready then they hit the switch and you have to pay.

BTW bigfoot don't make too many comments about the complexity. Unlike savage 2 we know nothing about the game.

SNOWFLAKE

I make Llambda_1757L

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2009, 10:26:20 pm »

rofl. a lot of stuff from "War Craft Frozen Throne" is now used by S2games

Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2009, 08:19:59 am »

rofl. a lot of stuff from "War Craft Frozen Throne" is now used by S2games

I caught a similar vibe, just a 6th sense like feeling of War Craft Frozen Throne when looking at some units and even the website.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2009, 02:13:17 pm »

maybe they're all playing dota a lot!

Bigfoot29
I am I - who are you?
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2009, 04:59:46 pm »

Evil: Due to the fact that this would end in a flame war, I sent you a PM regarding your post.

Regards, Bigfoot29
xepad

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2009, 06:33:39 pm »

does any 1 know how can i get the Beta Key Huh

^^

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: