Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 05, 2021, 12:23:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190103 Posts in 11013 Topics by 18609 Members
Latest Member: pahtrick99
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Newerth Savage League : Season III
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newerth Savage League : Season III  (Read 49462 times)
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2009, 12:52:42 pm »

Yey another thread hijacked, gj.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2009, 04:31:30 pm »

There's pretty much no useful buff except maybe mag vs Summs, or fire vs Ballis that worth mentioning as making a difference. Oh, sure, elecing against ohmygodcheckoutmyrabid players is fun, but even more so when done by the comm after block. Kinda useless anyway, a rabid pwnz0r doesn't do anything useful or scary.

DeMo kicked our ass on forgotten only when they went summs+shammies.

And why should autobuffs be turned off anyway, since it may actually work against the team using them, since ppl will waste them for useless kills. If that's the kind of players a clan uses, then i think it deserves autobuff on Smiley.

So i am to understand there are no usefull buffs, and when using these not usefull buffs incorrectly, they even are a disadvantage......

What a load of crap

So you're saying that if a player self-buffs to have his kill, wasting the buff for when the comm needs to use it for useful purposes, moments later, it's not a disadvantage for his team? You're saying that emptying the pool self-buffing for a random frag is more important than using buffs wisely to kill tech.

I was saying there are no buffs THAT important, that would make auto-buffing a punishable crime, therefore requiring turning autobuffs off forever.

-Mein-
The One and Only
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2009, 06:45:35 pm »

Hey but what if the comm is to busy by placeing towers or other buildings. Or look at this you press v29 then someone is saywing v13 just 1 second later. If he presses space now where does he get to? And why is it any good to ask for speedbuffs? Takeing them if you need them is faster and better.
If you are close to a sublair, your commander is placeing towers in your base, you ask for buff see we got 100 elec power but you dont get a buff and dont get a buff for ages. Thats pretty good you could have killed the sub. But the time he buffs you 3 enemys already spawned and kill you so the buff was wasted. Thats clearly more objective.

When the comm is afk or busy you get no buffs or you get them with a little delay, which is fine. I don't think so much buff efficiency is needed, since you may agree that shield and elec (and even speed) buff can counter any beast buffs - isn't that efficient enough? If autobuffs are on the firebuff for instance is completely useless in maybe 70% of the cases. When the commander buffs you with fire to defend summoners against a lego incomming for instance - without autobuffs he might need to reloc because their commander is not fast enough with buffing, with autobuffs you will get insta elec or shield buffed. And if Daemon comes with his glorious Snare&Blaze stuff the opponent will certainly auto shield buff before Daemon even started to blaze and the summoners will go down too. In a clan match where both teams use buffs for the win, autobuffing gives humans way more advantage since their buffs can counter everything if buffed in time.

If the human commander want that summ down he will give you shield anyways so the firebuff on the pred is useless too.

McNasty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2009, 10:18:02 am »

Its funny how beasts most powerful buff is rendered useless once a human uses a mag... pretty lame. same thing with elec.

1-2-3 you're dead

Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2009, 04:34:52 pm »

Its funny how beasts most powerful buff is rendered useless once a human uses a mag... pretty lame. same thing with elec.

In terms of killing players, fire is best for wading into groups, not just one person you should be able to kill without it.  In that regard it's still plenty powerful.

Mag vs. sums is just a cowardly strat unless they are nailing your tech, imo.  Especially as of late, it seems that everyone just takes mag no matter where they are on the map as soon as they see a sum.  Weak.
McNasty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2009, 12:49:39 pm »

Quote from: Tirza
Why are you talking so negative about rabid all the time?
Because rabid users are those complaining all the time, about buffs, about nerfing hums etc. Have you seen ranged beast players whining? Smiley

And hums self-buff against good melee preds who always use rabid, not against a stalker who snared you from 10 meters away. So if you're in base and you attack with rabid a demorunner, who has all the chances of being buffed, either self or by comm, then you deserve your elec in the face Smiley. There's nothing easier than to blaze a raging, blockless elec'ed lego, trapped between 2 tech he wanted to mow down Smiley.

Rabid users complain the most because its the most skill demanding weapon to use in the entire fucking game.  You will usually find them bitching about humans doing things which require no skill whatsoever.  For instance: ballista whores, people who block elec 1 v 1, mag buffing a fire buffed pred in a group of 6 humans, people who stand on large hills and flux all day.  If you were ever any good at all with rabid, Daemon, you would understand how fucking frustrating it can be at time.  On the contrary, it can also be the most fun/rewarding thing in the entire game.  It just depends on the situation.

1-2-3 you're dead

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2009, 08:11:37 pm »

I'm not good with rabid. But if you are complaining about stuff like buffs pulling you down and not allowing your masterful performance happen, then my friend, you're thinking too much of yourself. This is a team game and you are one amongst many. One dying or living doesn't change the outcome of the game. So why would not being able to pwn everybody be frustrating...

If you can't master that "hard" skill, maybe it's not for you. Maybe you should start siege whoring, why should your blood pressure go to high up just cuz you mistook rabid for something that makes you invincible, or a one man army.

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2009, 08:22:10 pm »

why rage?

|EvO| A-maX

Mess with the best(Evo), Die like the rest(you)

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2009, 01:21:55 pm »

Wow deamon, you are so awesome, you never get frustrated, you are teamplayer, getting buffed to death uselessly doesn't matter to you, getting balli'd to death you think oh well it's only me rest of my team is still alive. I wish everyone was like you, you don''t even hax like everyone else. Are you sure you like this game?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2009, 10:21:36 pm »

Why shouldn't i like it? Victory is the goal of a team game, isn't it? And eoN is winning, for most of the time Smiley Without having anyone, except Bobbe, who's anybody at all Smiley. I guess playing solo in a team game might generate some frustration, i'll give you that.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: