Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2021, 10:02:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190124 Posts in 11016 Topics by 18627 Members
Latest Member: Krankovetch
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  SUPPORT: Triggers Discussion Thread (Help and Advice)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SUPPORT: Triggers Discussion Thread (Help and Advice)  (Read 30068 times)
Black Prince FR

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »

Thanks for your answer Mohican  Afro
I will see it tonight or tomorrow if I have enough time .
Today I made like 15% of my map , but I've found some bugs and glitches but I will fix it with Triggers
( like "killing the exploiters when they pass trough something " )

I can't wait the final result and how it will be welcomed by the community  Undecided
It's actually a sort of " Hold the Castle " the teams meet at the beginning and have to fight from the first minute of the game on the battlefield if they want to have a chance to get the main objective:
it's to take a castle in a Hill , to construct tech and towers there and to take advantage with redstones and stuff.
I want to make a balanced map thats why I have to think about Beast's leap which allow them to move fastly than humans , that's why I made their side harder to move to the castle than the Human's one.

The second part of the game is the Siege , I want to make a realistic siege experience in Savage , it will use the dynamic ladders ( it was useful on the middle age right ?   Afro ) and a lot of Triggers but I'm still thinking about the FPS count , so I have to test a lot Grin
The defenders have the Castle, but the attackers can push easier since they get the territory around .

Grrrr ... Lot of work  Shocked
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 04:15:43 pm »

It all sounds great to me!
Please keep us updated, and don't hesitate to ask if you need more help.
 Afro

Black Prince FR

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:03 pm »

Thanks  Smiley
Tonight I'm away ( wanna go out ) so I wanted to make you a small summary of what I've done and the new features I want to see on it .
( I'm using Dual Screen so don't worry if my screens are a little bit shitty )

So that's the minimap done in paint very quickly ( sorry i have to go .. )
I'm sure you will see it properly with some screens
At Red we have the Human base and at Green the Beast base , 2 rivers are completely separating the two territories.
And a sort of Island is set on the middle . I was thinking of making a battle just after the start up so I did it.
The two teams have to follow the coast to catch the Castle ( -> I'm currently doing the ways to make it balanced with Beast leaps' and Human slowness's )
You can, if you want go to the Castle by the river , so you have to go trough the Island at the beginning before , it's the easiest way you can found and it's also faster but the other team has also the same possibility ... So it's quite balanced and it will make fore sure some epic battles .
You can see 3 yellow circles .. i will explain it later.

The two bases , the river and the waterfalls ( not finished )

Here is the human base with XR textures
(not finished )

I was at the moment in the Island in the middle , in my left was the Human's river , in my right was the Beast's river .

A spec view to show a bridge from the Island and the 2 rivers which are joining on the bottom of the screen.

We don't have 15% of the map there , because I hide the castle ( already finished ) , I want to show it completely when the map will be finished.  Grin

If it's necessary I will create a new topic for the screens and the updates  Afro

So , to stay on the subject :

As I said before you can see on my drawing done by Paint 3 yellow circles .
I was thinking about making a new victory condition after X minutes passed.
I'm just bored to see some good games drawed because the teams are balanced ...  So I want to prevent it.

I was wondering if it was possible to make a Trigger which appear after 30mins after the start up.
It will make a new victory condition if the game is fair and balanced , it will create on the map 3 ( more , or less ) points which are considered like Outposts .
Like your map XR_mini the attackers have to take the Outpost and to defend it and also to stay attacking the Castle , they can spawn from their Outposts and have to build defenses .
It will prevent the defenders to camp hard in the Castle ( I actually hate camping even it makes my score good ) because their new objective will be to take one ( or more ) Outpost  ( they also have to defend the Castle on the same time )  to win definitively the game.
If not , it will be a draw.

It can make the game more alive ( the defenders have to split the team 50% on the castle , 50% on attacking the outpost )  and prevent from the camping , it can be interesting to be attackers or defenders since they have to be as skilled as the other team to win.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 08:03:47 pm by Black Prince FR » Logged
Mohican
Order of the Stick
Former XR Dev
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 02:19:12 am »

For your 30 mins question, create a trigger and script as you would normally.
In the script, put the following lines at the top:

@activate
!test null [gs_game_time>1800000]
... put here the rest of the script ...

The first line will prevent execution of the script unless the time is more than 30 mins (1,800,000 millisecs).

Black Prince FR

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:18 pm »

OK thanks a lot for your support Mohican ! I will test it today  Afro
DarkPaladin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 05:06:26 pm »

How can I slow the target when its inside of a aabox?

got to be something like !target speed or !physic target speed...dunno, both didn't work
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »

You should create your own state and apply it on your target. You can use the adrenaline state as a reference, and instead of adding speed, you decrease it.

DarkPaladin

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 10:14:18 pm »

Thanks for your advice, but I can't figuere it all out: I create a state and applied it to the player in the trigger script, but it doesnt work. Where do I have to put the state in my mapfile so that the game recognizes it? I tried putting it into map/scripts and some other directories (I also adding a statelist.cfg).
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2012, 09:22:28 pm »

Bug report: Adding a custom font to a map (well only xr_doubledragon has it afaik) will get you stuck with that font until another map has another custom font or you restart Savage.

djinghis
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 12:52:55 pm »

Samurai Mod has a solution to this problem

However Samurai is a mod - my map is a map

The fix is beyond !GS code despite many attempts - the best of which change the font to standard on the game ending. But for a real solution Mohican the only real coder for newerth could fix it I'm sure, and the font could be used by all.
If this is too much trouble - then simply remove the font as my map has the code commented out for the time being.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 01:31:08 pm »

Reloading any mod with a specified font will overwrite the previously loaded font, that's why standard after samurai clears it. I've found out there's this function that can be as workaround tho: "/reloadfont standard". I don't know how mapping stuff works but perhaps you can add it to some end-of-game triggers, if there are such things.

djinghis
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:26 pm »

Yes reloadfont is how i activated the new font
   such as client.cfg reloadfont englishtowne
And to get normal font at games end
   if [gs_game_status == 4] reloadfont standard;

But not everyone stays till the end of the game  Sad
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:46 pm »

Then either one of the GUI menus (perhaps "disconnect" and "connect" buttons) should reload the standard font.

Alternately, the code itself should.
djinghis
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2013, 12:26:39 pm »

An alternative font worked well on a decent sized monitor/tv - shame savage people use laptops or small crts  Cheesy
shuN
Perverted yet determined
XR Mapper

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 04:26:40 am »

I am having trouble adding event scripts to occur during gameplay if someone can assist

Example..

I'd like to give random buffs at specific intervals to all players on map.
So.. I have currently to test:
430000ms interval min, no max set
Flag0 is event
Flag1 is obj_client

Script is set to:
@activate
!givestate target all adrenaline 430000

.. Is this correct for giving adrenaline at a 43 second interval to all players on the map??

Also, if I would like to spawn an NPC at a specific time and place.. I am using for test:
Interval min/max is 400000
Flag0 is event
all other are null

Script is set to:
@activate
!spawnobject target npc_kongor 0 hostile coords (26233022)

Darkness shines in even the brightest of light.

Quote from: Standard
when i tried www(comma)google.com something didnt work...
Quote from: Cross
add my face to the crotch of savage
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: