Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2019, 04:23:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189833 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18305 Members
Latest Member: ertre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Modding Forum
| | |-+  XR gfx options. "Realbright", widescreen menus/UI
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR gfx options. "Realbright", widescreen menus/UI  (Read 1492 times)
Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:52:45 pm »

Hey all.

Since downloading and playing with the XR vid settings I have two major requests on the way to full release.

#1.  "Realbright" is way too much on the contrast, and I believe was the source of my critique on the original teaser vids about the uber-contrast on textures.  In order to get the game looking reasonable I had to turn Realbright off, then up my brightness to compensate for the fact that everything was then extremely dark.  I have two requests/suggestions that would help a LOT. 

A.  Add a slider bar to the Realbright effect so that we can tweak how much to put in.  All on is way too stark and garish... all off is classic savage, but I think that a moderate/low level of your new Realbright would look pretty sweet added in.
       B.  Instead of just the stock Savage "Brightness" slider in the system options, either replace it with or add alongside it a "Gamma" adjustment.  Gamma sliders allow for a wider adjustment without making the picture washed out from all the gray where black should be, since I believe it works on a curve whereas brightness is linear. (Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong)

#2. I'm ecstatic that you added in support for 1680x1050 monitors.  In gameplay, it looks awesome and the models and everything are not stretched out; HOWEVER all the UI elements ARE stretched out, as are most of the menus.  The options menus and load screen I can live with, but having the loadout and all of my items, weaps, health bars, minimap, etc. stretched is a bit trippy.  I realize that the current way was probably an easy X-trans sort of deal, but can you just have them repositioned please without the horizontal resizing.

Thanks again guys for all the hard work.  XR's playing really well so far.
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 08:57:58 pm »

#2. I'm ecstatic that you added in support for 1680x1050 monitors.  In gameplay, it looks awesome and the models and everything are not stretched out; HOWEVER all the UI elements ARE stretched out, as are most of the menus.  The options menus and load screen I can live with, but having the loadout and all of my items, weaps, health bars, minimap, etc. stretched is a bit trippy.  I realize that the current way was probably an easy X-trans sort of deal, but can you just have them repositioned please without the horizontal resizing.

True widescreen support is on the wish list (see bug tracker on frontpage), I believe they plan to add it in the future.

Also you should list all these issues on the bug tracker rather than making a new thread for each one, easier for the devs to evaluate/keep track of them that way.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 09:24:59 pm by Helios » Logged

Overon
Some random guy

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 04:34:06 pm »

Will do, thanks Hel.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: