Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 12, 2021, 10:58:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190083 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18595 Members
Latest Member: Windwalker1218
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  ex2/third eye thread?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ex2/third eye thread?  (Read 9340 times)
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2008, 05:38:37 pm »

Your answer makes sense, not. I was talking about little mods that only a small user base have installed, not mods like sfe which basically everyone has.
As I said I want a Pure mode server, maybe you have to get a clue what that is. But since you obviously have no idea I'll explain it to you: A Pure Server allows only clients with the same mod (e.g. xr 1.00) to connect. Clients with modified game files like textures, models or some 3rd pary add-ons can't connect to those servers.

Also Nemesis says this mod is lame, you say it's just convenience. So who should decide which mods are deemed good and which ones are cheat? You?
I understand what a pure server is, but you said "game changing mods should be disallowed" so I took you at your word. Phrase things better next time and you might avoid having someone throw it in your face especially if you phrase it like jackass.

Also, why do I care what nemesis says? Where did that come from?

I didn't "decide" that this mod was good. My opinion doesn't hold any more water than anyone else's. The vets that have been saying 'bring back ex2' for such a long time must count for something though and since most people used Third Eye back in those days I doubt they'd bitch about it being 'a cheat' if it got used today.

I'll say it again, if you've never used it, don't knock it.  Your opinion doesn't mean much if you've never used the damn thing.
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2008, 05:40:05 pm »

Another great thing (I'm not sure if this was Third Eye or ex2) was you could auto jump by holding down the jump button, didn't have to spam it while going down a hill like now.

whoa that's extremely helpfull to whore for flurry bunny
pls implent to xr

Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2008, 05:40:53 pm »

Another great thing (I'm not sure if this was Third Eye or ex2) was you could auto jump by holding down the jump button, didn't have to spam it while going down a hill like now.

whoa that's extremely helpfull to whore for flurry bunny
pls implent to xr

Didn't you know? I'm trying to get to the top of the Flurry Bunny ranks.  Afro
AlphaFtw

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2008, 06:24:48 pm »

Eh I remember this mod. But I'm one of those people who just like to do it the old fashioned way.

FYI officer target last is really an aim hack; my tempest goes from 35-40% to about 50% with it alone.
tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »

Third eye was rubbish really. The onlty good thiing was the mp3 player. Auto reloc was rubbish, you just moved a bar that was related to ya health. Ex2 was a great mod,  notably for its melee. But ex2 was maily US based. Where as SEP was EU.

When jebus went awol savageelite who hosted clansavage dropped it for SEP. Thus ex2 died.

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
-Nemesis-
--SoV-- Slave

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 09:21:16 pm »

yeh ex2 had only one or two EU server BTG and European-ex2. But I did enjoy to play on evilmonkysplayground never saw better savage player than there.

Aneurysm
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2008, 02:28:20 am »

Third eye was rubbish really. The onlty good thiing was the mp3 player. Auto reloc was rubbish, you just moved a bar that was related to ya health. Ex2 was a great mod,  notably for its melee. But ex2 was maily US based. Where as SEP was EU.

When jebus went awol savageelite who hosted clansavage dropped it for SEP. Thus ex2 died.

The ex2 mod was also supported in Australia (home of Jebus) and Japan until the clanserver went down in which both countries also shifted to sep.

Also, don't forget that Third Eye was the first mod to introduce "block/leap switch". Something we don't even think about at all today its so commonly accepted.

-Nemesis-
--SoV-- Slave

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2008, 11:43:58 am »

sep had block/leap switch first. I always did hate this option but now everyone use it so I does use it too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: