Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2021, 01:17:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190128 Posts in 11016 Topics by 18631 Members
Latest Member: pesecarte
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  Week 13...
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Week 13...  (Read 9639 times)
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 06, 2008, 03:17:24 pm »

What the hell??

theres a week 13...

i thought there was only 12 weeks?

Scrapo
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 03:20:44 pm »

I would agree that clans that had a bye ....do a 13th week but why everyone else.
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 04:09:12 pm »

magic ! Cheesy

DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 04:27:10 pm »

Ignore Week 13. I'm going to have Pingu shut off the automated match generator as soon as possible.

First round tournament match ups will be posted as Week 13 on October 20th. Ignore your listed opponent until that date.

Rudi
Dude

High five!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:22:18 am »

I would agree that clans that had a bye ....do a 13th week but why everyone else.

I think Evo and eoN are the only clans (in the top 7) with "byes". Is there any chance we get a 13th game or will the ranking be made on the wins/loss ratio again?
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 10:48:07 am »

Rankings will be decided by the automated average calculator. As I understand it, this equation is not affected by byes. The only one who can clarify that is Pingu.

XabHippA
|DeMo|

im terribly tough, i really am

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 08:53:06 pm »

imo its just really silly to have 12 weeks when you need 13 to play all opponents (actually 14 as some clans had to play eachother twice, sigh)

it doesnt really matter for us (DeMo), as well end in the top 6 anyways... but lets say number 7 in the end of the league had to play everyone but the clans who will end 14 and 13 and had to play one of the 'top clans' twice, while the number 6 had to play everyone but the clans who will end 1 and 2... thats just not fair imo

imo just add two more weeks so everyone had to play eachother once, ff(airness)s

ŠeN
|EvO| A-maX

Mess with the best(Evo), Die like the rest(you)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 07:53:20 am »

byes do affect ratings, i think. Also i think evo has a 2nd bye since SoN dropped out last week  Undecided
The Battle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:28:51 am »

God how difficuld is it too make a normal tourney.
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 12:40:39 pm »

imo its just really silly to have 12 weeks when you need 13 to play all opponents (actually 14 as some clans had to play eachother twice, sigh)

it doesnt really matter for us (DeMo), as well end in the top 6 anyways... but lets say number 7 in the end of the league had to play everyone but the clans who will end 14 and 13 and had to play one of the 'top clans' twice, while the number 6 had to play everyone but the clans who will end 1 and 2... thats just not fair imo

imo just add two more weeks so everyone had to play eachother once, ff(airness)s

Good god not only is your logic flawed, but you're making a big deal about a pointless issue. How is an unlucky clan going to play the top clans twice when there's not even enough weeks to play every clan once? It only happened previously because of bugs in the NSL code, which will be non-existent next season.

XabHippA
|DeMo|

im terribly tough, i really am

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 01:07:43 pm »

SCO played us twice
and im talking about this season
im not making a big deal out of this, as, as i said, it doesnt affect us... i just dont understand why you dont play every clan in a league, as thats what a league is all about right?
where is my logic flawed?

ŠeN
The Battle

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 03:52:07 pm »

I said it already so mutch that random opponents and maps are realy stupid. In this NSL we played again 1 time against the same clan, also played the same maps. Just make before the NSL all the matches from all weeks with the maps and each week every1 the same map. And if a clan left another clans that need play vs that left clan get 3 points.

My english pwnt  Shocked
Th3_Hunt3r
(.Y.)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 04:17:46 pm »

I said it already so mutch that random opponents and maps are realy stupid. In this NSL we played again 1 time against the same clan, also played the same maps. Just make before the NSL all the matches from all weeks with the maps and each week every1 the same map. And if a clan left another clans that need play vs that left clan get 3 points.

My english pwnt  Shocked

Rudi
Dude

High five!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 04:20:45 pm »

And if a clan left another clans that need play vs that left clan get 3 points.

I agree on all points except this one. I think you should delete all previous games of this dropout to make it fair. It only works if every clan has to play every other clan of course.

The Battle

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 05:48:33 pm »

so If a clan left the league 1 week before end of the tourney. Then delete all previous game results from that clan Oo
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: