Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2019, 11:16:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189789 Posts in 10994 Topics by 18279 Members
Latest Member: ericcaille
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Ref Abuse on leet
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ref Abuse on leet  (Read 5186 times)
zev007

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2008, 08:17:29 pm »

After about a 3 or 4 month break from Savage, I started playing again a day or two ago, and today I got kicked from the Leet server...for switching teams.

It's not in your rules and quite honestly it's bs that I should have to stay on a team full of people that don't listen.

This isn't the only incident that I'm aware of as Megs says it has happened to her several times (one time she deserved it apparently, but there was no warning at all...just didn't know the rules), but this is the first one for me...the ref was Slash.

When I confronted him about it, he claimed that he warned me in the past....though to my knowledge he had not, and furthermore, I pointed out that team switching isn't even in the rules.

He then changed his mind and said that he kicked me for "whining about not repairing the gar"  When I was just asking the team to repair the gar....lol

Anyway BF said that it's pointless to even report the refs for abuse, nobody cares anymore, but even if nothing gets done about this, at least people will know which refs are the gestapo.
FLATJUICE
±)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:35 pm »

u said gestapo
now ur a racist
Wc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:59:12 pm »

First off team switching isn't allowed, for reasons i really shouldn't have to explain. But  i will,  your putting up a sneak garrison and someone switches teams and tells everyone is that fair? Not saying you would do that but that is why team switching isnt allowed among other reasons that i wont go into. So JUSTIFIED case closed , Next? wc
Spung
Aimbot Extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:51 pm »

Right, but does that really warrant a kick without a warning?  The guy obviously didn't understand rules regarding team switching.  All Slash had to do was move him back and say team switching isn't allowed...

Are you a fan of Spung?  Put this in your sig today!
slashandburn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:40 pm »

He's been warned many times in the past.  Obviously warning does nothing with this guy.  I also asked why he switched teams, and was ignored.  All he ever does is spam 'BRAINZ'

After he got back on, he cried for a bit, joined humans, and when he saw humans were losing, jumped on beasts.  He obviously never learns.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:25:58 pm by slashandburn » Logged
zev007

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:04:53 am »

I'd like to see the logs because I never ignored you, and I'm tempted to call you an incorrigible liar.  You've not warned me in the past, and yeah i say BRAINZ, and that's not nearly as stupid as some people's friggin macro spam....and I don't spam it either.

And WC i can definitely see where you're coming from with that rule...but why don't you put it in the rules...I read the thread about the leet server rules and it's not there. 

edit: Re-read the rules:
"1.   Referees have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or problems that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!)."

Hmm...no warning.  Even if you asked me why I switched teams and I didn't see it, you still didn't warn me.

Also, your story about me coming back and switching teams when the humans were losing is a complete fabrication.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:24:16 am by zev007 » Logged
Bearded Frog
DM's Recruiter/Scheduler

To Defend The Beard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 02:05:46 am »

I'd like to see the logs because I never ignored you, and I'm tempted to call you an incorrigible liar.  You've not warned me in the past, and yeah i say BRAINZ, and that's not nearly as stupid as some people's friggin macro spam....and I don't spam it either.

And WC i can definitely see where you're coming from with that rule...but why don't you put it in the rules...I read the thread about the leet server rules and it's not there. 

edit: Re-read the rules:
"1.   Referees have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or problems that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!)."

Hmm...no warning.  Even if you asked me why I switched teams and I didn't see it, you still didn't warn me.

Also, your story about me coming back and switching teams when the humans were losing is a complete fabrication.
The rules are outdated all together. Reporting ref abuse was doing no good and its been made official now on the leet server and on the euro server that god refs are now just that. Gods. Therefore complaints from the general public will be ignored and refs do as they please with their own judgements in mind. In other words if you thought complaining didnt do any good before now it OFFICIALLY wont.

Dont mean to sound like Im saying that its a good or bad change. Personally being a ref I like it but Im not going to take a side on the issue. Just stating how it is.

|EvO| A-maX

Mess with the best(Evo), Die like the rest(you)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:27 am »

THEY DIDN'T WARN ME OMG! Honoustly when will people stop using this argument when they have been playing for ages and know full well what is and what is not allowed. fyi: The warning is only for people named uttar breaking rules, or obviously new people.
Ophelia
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:49:10 pm »

TIP #9

Not picking sides, but this whole topic reminds me of this comic.

FLATJUICE
±)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 02:36:06 pm »

lol nice, didu make that ? Cheesy
darkbread
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

a lump of bread, that is of a dark color...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 02:52:10 pm »

lol nice, didu make that ? Cheesy
Its from Ctrl+Alt+Del -____-

hmk'PF
Teh complainer
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 03:36:43 pm »

awesum Cheesy

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/archives.php -> search for "savage" Cheesy

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Nightmare

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 11:12:53 am »

eww don't infect this board with the fail that is CtrlAltDel
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 11:39:58 pm »

Exceptions are massive spamming or problems that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken

If you switched teams and told them about a sneak garr, I'd kick you immediately. It's obviously the right action to be taken.
Why are people such bitches about 5 minute kicks? Wow.
If you were getting kicked more than once, or for incomprehensible reasons, I'd make a thread, but one kick once a year isn't going to change the ref password. That's why you guys are failing.

happyera

i jump 4 stories to kick you XD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2008, 03:51:39 am »

eww don't infect this board with the fail that is CtrlAltDel

CltrAltDel is awesome especially Savage comics.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: