Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2021, 06:17:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190085 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18598 Members
Latest Member: mootpoinT
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Archived (-03.11.14)
| | | |-+  EU Referees
| | | | |-+  A Stick in my Ass
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Stick in my Ass  (Read 2119 times)
SirEdb
Official against E-)

View Profile WWW
« on: September 21, 2008, 03:26:39 pm »

I have a stick in my ass. It's called: don't question the refs. Whenever I enter EU public I'm gonna act like I have that stick in my ass and whenever someone questions me I'm gonna act like a total yerk to them and bully anyone who comments on it.

Seriously, revert the don't question the refs-rule. I've seen multiple people already going into a powerfrenzy and doing that what was most feared; making abuse of your refstatus, e.g. slaying people who don't camp, but just happen to spawn near a gar, kicking people and muting people for commenting on a ref action.

There's a line between the origin of this rule (getting back the respect for the refs, which was so often taken down by people like Hory or Silent(ninja) and the way it's excecuted now.

Discuss.

DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 03:38:26 pm »

ninja told me you recently kicked him a few times for no reason, is it becuase he questioned your use of ref?  Tongue

SirEdb
Official against E-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 05:10:30 pm »

I can't kick, but good try of him.

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 05:41:24 pm »

If the player complaints rule is put back into place, it would just go to show that many of the refs are untrustworthy. The general public would pick up on this quickly.

|EvO| A-maX

Mess with the best(Evo), Die like the rest(you)

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:23:25 am »

We shouldn't abuse, but if we want to change the way people act towards refs i think we can be a little harsh in the beginning, so people know non stop whining is just not tolerated anymore.
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 11:00:26 am »

We just have to be reasonable, and not be driven by anger/frustration when using it. Thats all it takes.

-Nemesis-
--SoV-- Slave

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 05:16:07 pm »

who cares about whining? Just use ignore then. We refs are only their to make the game fair and to stop newb comms, exploiter etc. We are not the parents of the player and have not to pay attention for every shit they talk. 

|EvO| A-maX

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »

It's kinda hard to get around nowadays really, no offence but i don't want to type /ignore 6 times every game i play
Shamoke
Lord Of The Frogs

Left Tanks in a wood box

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 12:09:00 am »

That's what I said in the other thread (which was deleted??). Just mute&kick the usual trolls who wank on the server... The rest is pretty fine. You don't need to "force" respect as it's not needed. The community is nice as it is, I personnally hardly have troubles with any players.. I would rather say that the EU server is very friendly, much more than the US one.

It's a pub server, refs shouldn't have high expect from beginners or noobs. And first of all, everyone should&must have fun playing Savage. It's more challenging fighting a newbie who is actually trying to defend a key position than a clueless  scavenger right ? Basically, act against people who are spoiling the game for everyone for too long, not that summoner who is camping there and spoils your own fun, while he has 3 kills and 50 deaths.

We all know who the few trolls are and they really dont' represent the general mood, just kick the hell out of them and the the rest is fine  Smiley

tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 02:32:02 am »

Personly i would perm ban silent ninja if i could. He never has respected the server, the refs and the people who donate. People who believe its thier right to play on the servers should be kicked imo. I think the rules are very relaxed and lenient on trouble makers. I would say its more stricked on other games.

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
|EvO| A-maX

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:24:19 am »

Tis not gone shamzore! Tis here! http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,5420.0.html
DarkStar
Evolved Darkness
Super Hero Member

I hate everyone equally.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 05:06:50 pm »

i normall ydont care about people who cry ref abuse, unless they resort to spamming it, or calling kick votes on me, or msging me crap. Then i kick, otherwise i just do a 2 minute mute  Smiley

Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 06:27:01 pm »

enforce bans
RADar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 07:27:42 pm »

I've seen multiple people already going into a powerfrenzy and doing that what was most feared; making abuse of your refstatus, e.g. slaying people who don't camp, but just happen to spawn near a gar, kicking people and muting people for commenting on a ref action.

If this is so then instead of creating this post, you should have created one that discussed the actions of said refs.

Personally the mute for passing comments on a ref's actions I can live with, but the other actions could warrant discussion, if only to serve as a guide/warning for others.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: