Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 02:51:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189817 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18373 Members
Latest Member: djeikeert
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Savage walks for the death.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage walks for the death.  (Read 9586 times)
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 09:32:18 am »

There are some newbie servers already, not sure if they are useful, though.

UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 10:12:31 am »

There was some popular newbie server made by H-L it had 20~ slots, the buildings constantly repaired themselves like if they were affected by healing spire, humans too, also you had nearly infinite stam, at lvl1 u could leap 7 times or so, and your hp regen is same as having rabid but faster, for both races.
I think it was an awesome idea, except for the fact that many TH members joined it to ''pwn'' everyone. And that just went on and on, and now its underpopulated Smiley

SDiabolical

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 10:50:05 am »

There was some popular newbie server made by H-L it had 20~ slots, the buildings constantly repaired themselves like if they were affected by healing spire, humans too, also you had nearly infinite stam, at lvl1 u could leap 7 times or so, and your hp regen is same as having rabid but faster, for both races.
I think it was an awesome idea, except for the fact that many TH members joined it to ''pwn'' everyone. And that just went on and on, and now its underpopulated Smiley

They seemed to have fun, killing poor newbies.
Storky

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 08:41:56 pm »

Some newbie server gonna be useful, if admin will ban about IP all normal and good players... Undecided

\m/
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 08:44:03 pm »

Some newbie server gonna be useful, if admin will ban about IP all normal and good players... Undecided

like you Storky! You damn megauberprohaxgodlikesavplayer! Afro

tbh - in the first few weeks alot of newbs were there (I tested the first try to the newb mode - horrible Tongue) but later some better players joined (yes me too ): ) and started to whore em all...

Decel
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 10:44:11 pm »

Someone tried kicking a newbie today for no reason.

'Why the vote kick' I said
'He is a noob'

Wow

Storky

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 10:56:17 pm »

like you Storky! You damn megauberprohaxgodlikesavplayer! Afro

tbh - in the first few weeks alot of newbs were there (I tested the first try to the newb mode - horrible Tongue) but later some better players joined (yes me too ): ) and started to whore em all...

Like almost everybody with icon

*megauberprohaxgodlikesavlagz0re  Tongue
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 11:00:50 pm by Storky » Logged

\m/
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 12:42:46 am »

Someone tried kicking a newbie today for no reason.

'Why the vote kick' I said
'He is a noob'

Wow
Happens on US servers all the time.

Crashbandicoot
Live Or Leave

Are you talking to me?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 07:08:18 pm »

STOP RAPING THE NOOBS FOR FREE KILS OMG!

Msn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 09:59:29 pm »

Quote from: UnderG on September 18, 2008, 09:59:21 pm
some of my friends tryed it and quit cauz when they join a server they are farmed by all coil veterans 30 times (looks like they like beats) and don't kill any1.

it's very hard to new a player understand this game

I remember my first time in sav, and i don't quit at that time cauz my cousin was playing it and i want to pwn him evil

F1 tutorial idea!

F1 servers for newplayers only

-max players 24
-no stats recording in that servers to every1
-players with 3.0 kill/death ratio receive a mensage "Please Join a Normal Server, Your skill improved and You are ready for new chalanges"" and their acc is permanently banned from this server + IP.  exemple: player Y do 30-10 score, at the end of the game he receive the msg and is disconnect.
- tips should be given too, like "Ember is a powerfull weapon vs siege weapons"...
- and when you joined the game, this information or something like this should appeas with the welcome msg "This is a server for new player only. When we thought that you are ready to new chalanges we will invite you to leave this server and join another one"

what you guys think about servers for newplayers only?  ( don't really know if this is possible to do, but i hope so  undecided  )

f1 for that ban. and about that guide? how much ppl will read it? none best idea is run a lot of tips into game on thees noob servers. and when u will write noob server every goddamn whore will join lol only way is ban ip of players who get for example 3/1 ration

Quote from: Unsafe
I think it was an awesome idea, except for the fact that many TH members joined it to ''pwn'' everyone. And that just went on and on, and now its underpopulated

wtf r u talking about? if i remember good there was only clan players there  u coud even find  sov + evo there i was there like 3 times soo slap urself with a fish and talk trash bout ur own clan pls
ty

UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2008, 03:05:31 pm »

Quote from: UnderG on September 18, 2008, 09:59:21 pm
some of my friends tryed it and quit cauz when they join a server they are farmed by all coil veterans 30 times (looks like they like beats) and don't kill any1.

it's very hard to new a player understand this game

I remember my first time in sav, and i don't quit at that time cauz my cousin was playing it and i want to pwn him evil

F1 tutorial idea!

F1 servers for newplayers only

-max players 24
-no stats recording in that servers to every1
-players with 3.0 kill/death ratio receive a mensage "Please Join a Normal Server, Your skill improved and You are ready for new chalanges"" and their acc is permanently banned from this server + IP.  exemple: player Y do 30-10 score, at the end of the game he receive the msg and is disconnect.
- tips should be given too, like "Ember is a powerfull weapon vs siege weapons"...
- and when you joined the game, this information or something like this should appeas with the welcome msg "This is a server for new player only. When we thought that you are ready to new chalanges we will invite you to leave this server and join another one"

what you guys think about servers for newplayers only?  ( don't really know if this is possible to do, but i hope so  undecided  )

f1 for that ban. and about that guide? how much ppl will read it? none best idea is run a lot of tips into game on thees noob servers. and when u will write noob server every goddamn whore will join lol only way is ban ip of players who get for example 3/1 ration

Quote from: Unsafe
I think it was an awesome idea, except for the fact that many TH members joined it to ''pwn'' everyone. And that just went on and on, and now its underpopulated

wtf r u talking about? if i remember good there was only clan players there  u coud even find  sov + evo there i was there like 3 times soo slap urself with a fish and talk trash bout ur own clan pls
ty
Dumbass, half or more TH members played there, and when asked ''why are you here, this is a noob server...'' you guys say '' we're noobs too...''.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:07:53 pm by Trigardon » Logged

Msn

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2008, 08:43:59 pm »

and evo + sov r noobs too? soo what they was doing there? and what was u doing there?
sure lets say only TH was there couse i wont say anythink agains evo couse they r good
jeez dude....
wont talk bout this anymore its senseless couse as i know u we woud spam whole forum TH was there TH wasnt there
and yes TH was there but practicly every clan was soo....

Kuldk2pp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 05:40:11 pm »

I played savage with my friends in LAN couple of months ago. At first they didnt want to play it, because "I had nolifed that game a bit, and they hadn't!" lal I promised that i will only comm, they accepted. Of course i took things little bit more easier: i monitored other team's commanding progress, researched some tech more slower and didnt research siege at all. Also explained what weapons/items do what, and what are, kind of antiweapons, against them.
And i can say, that this game was far more fun, than the other games we played (dota, cs, battlefield 2 etc). Picture yourself a room full of ppl, in the "six-pack effect", one team tries to sac other's shield with leaping towards it, other team trying to prevent them, by coilwhoring around and swinging their battleaxes, while screaming vololooo, and to the face, dude, always to the face (lal, nvm)!:D
But ppl who had tried playing online, and got their arses kicked/flamed by spawning on front of predstacked sh/and comming, said that they lost interest into that game.
So this is newbie server is a pretty  Afro idea.. Newbies can compete with their own equals. however how doable it is..

my veryfirst post here.. Cheesy
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 05:43:07 pm »

This. http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,5485.0.html

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: