As the title says we will soon be opening the NDL for signups.
It will be controlled mainly by me but Jag will help also (pingu possibly).
So the question is, before we start this league, how would YOU like it to run?
As it is now, these are the current ideas (feel free to comment on these):
- All duels will be Lego vs Pred unless the duelers agree otherwise
- There will be an EU, USA and AU division
- One map will be chosen for ALL duelers to use
- USA duels will be on leet USA duels
The rules in mind:
- No chatting allowed from anyone who is not dueling at the time
- Nobody must join a team while a NDL duel is running
- All duels must be completed in an event
- If the k/d are even for the two players after reaching the set number of duels they must duel once more to decide the winner
What we want to know from you:
- How many duels per event? (e.g. 20 then switch then 20 more)
- How the overall system will work (e.g. groups or some kind of points system)
- Rule suggestions
- Any other ideasUPDATE!
The Newerth Duel LadderSigning up to the Newerth Duel Ladder:
anyone at anytime can sign up to the Newerth Duel Ladder(NDL). All you need to do is go to the sign up section of the NDL and sign in to a valid username and password. This account will be the one you have to fight with. Once you have signed up you will be directed to your User Control Panel where you will need to select the division you will be competing. Once you have selected a division you will be ready to compete.Player Status:
each player will have one of the following status' on the ladder...Newcomer
- player has just joined the ladder and has yet to have any duels.Neutral
- player can challenge another player or be challenged at any given time.Challenging
- player is currently challenging another player.Defending
- Player has been challenged.Inactive
- Player has set their status to inactive and can not be challenged or challenge another player.Making a Challenge:
you can challenge anyone on the ladder from 5 places below you to anyone in front of you. However when challenging someone who is more then 15 places in front of you they can simply "pass". When you make a challenge your status will be set to "Challenging" and the person who you are challenging will have their status set to "Defending". You now just wait for the response from the defender. They have to respond within 5 days or you will be awarded a win and they will be awarded a loss.Defending a Challenge:
when you have been challenged you will be given the following options...Accept
- you choose to accept the challenge and insert a preferred date.Forfeit
- you choose to forfeit your points to the challenger and your status is returned to neutral.Pass
- you can only do this if you are more then 15 places above the challenger. If you do pass then nothing will happen.Agreeing on a time and date:
when a challenge is accepted the defender will insert a preferred time/date. The challenger can then accept this time/date or propose a new one. Defender has priority on the date and time. If a date and time can not be agreed on then the match will be treated as a pass.Requesting a ref:
a ladder referee will only attend a match if either the challenger or defender requests one. They will then simply sit in the match and make sure nothing happens that is not supposed to (will go in more detail about this later).Server to duel:
hopefully we can come up with some kind of script which will get a server ready with a password, duel map and duel settings. Also it would be nice if we can make some sort of mod to automatically put players on each side, switch sides at half time and send the results to the ndl. For starters however this will all be done manually.The actual duels:
both players start their demos! Defender will choose which side to start off as. They will choose their unit (anything but siege). Challenger will then choose the opposite team, choose their unit and get ready to fight. The unit you start off with is the one you use throughout the whole match! There will be X duels in total (X because it can be different for each division). Half of which will be played and then we have half time. Players must then note their kills as that race. There then is the option for a short break and then the players swap sides and fight the second half. The winner is determined by the person with the higher score at the end. If they are the same then it is a draw. Players must remember their kills as each race for submission into the NDL.Submitting the results:
so we can have more detailed statistics for each player we ask that each player inserts the kills they made as each race. If you do not remember the kills as each race you will have the option to just enter your total kills. The ladder will then take the information from each player and compare, format and entered it into the database if everything is fine. If everything is fine then the win will be noted on the ladder and points gained/lost. If there is a problem then each player will be notified along with the refs.Handling of points:
the way the points system will work is to have defenders hold or lose their position and challengers will either lose positions or gain them. This gets a little complicated however the ladder will do everything automatically and notify players of the points they will gain or lose for each situation. Challenger wins
- challenger will steal 2 points from then defender plus an additional point for every 10 places(rounded to the nearest 10) the defender is above them. Defender wins
- defender will steal 1 point from the challenger unless the challenger was placed above them in which case the defender will steal 2 points.Draw
- challenger will steal 1 point for every 20 places(rounded down to the nearest 20) the defender was above them.
There will also be a dispute system, finals and other things not mentioned here however this should give you a good insight into what is to come.