Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 24, 2019, 02:41:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189817 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18373 Members
Latest Member: djeikeert
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Main Poll: Veterans or Beginners?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Main Poll: Veterans or Beginners?  (Read 4072 times)
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 07:36:52 pm »

Dude, I can call myself a "vet", but I would really appreciate the balance changes. Morever, I don't care about graphics. Stop the delusions please.

EDIT: I'm all in for centralised tutorials, most of fighter, commander, modding and mapping tutorials you can find today are either updated, contain errors or are useless.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 07:41:36 pm by Enliven » Logged

Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 08:55:36 pm »

I don't see why a compromise considering both couldn't be obtained. But if it worked in absolute, I'd probably choose beginners. Bearing in mind most (NB: NOT ALL) of the guys that vote "crap" maps on servers, exploit, siegecamp and do things that are generally fround upon, are beginners.

Swilt

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 09:05:16 pm »

I think you need to frame the end result though, voting without realism is futile.

Making this better for noobs assumes that we get more noobs to come in. Saying we get 20 more clans because its easier for noobs assumes that anyone cares about a 5 year old game and out of 20 that come to stay we would have to attract 100 plus. It is NEVER going to happen period....EVER.

So the point of this is really moot, because if you are going to create a vote that says assuming we can somehow miraculously attract new players, then make the game more noob friendly so some sort of ratio of newcomers to people that stay is increased (of course we have neither of those facts so its again moot).

Thats the point I have already made in many of Pingus threads and on top of that, Pingu even admitted that there is no way to attract players and that wasn't the reason for any so called "balance changes". Thus get rid of the vets get rid of the game end of story, make your choice from those facts.

If you want to make a noob server like Uttar did originally when SEP spread like a plague, then I suggest you look at doing that, the same way I suggested Pingu's changes are server specific to test it. If you make any changes as part of the source code you will find a very unwilling audience and suffer what Uttar already caused, likely for the last time.

So perhaps the best thing to do as you will never please everyone is to please those the way they choose, by servers. This keeps the ability to test all sorts of things and keeps the regular crowd happy. If you are successful enough to drive everyone to those servers it would be very easy to make those changes across the board.

Make a noob server, make a Pingu changes server, and leave the others alone unless admins decide otherwise. I suggest you modify the pole for this choice as another option. You have to clarify why making it easier for noobs would benefit the community, if there is no benefit because you are never going to attract new players, then is it really even a choice in a poll?

Please clarify what making it easier for noobs will accomplish knowing the above.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:11:21 pm by Swilt » Logged
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 01:31:34 am »

Very nicely said swilt.

XiriC

Diggy Di

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 03:09:21 pm »

I don't understand why these two things should exclude each other.
No need to read the rest, ...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:10:53 pm by XiriC » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: