Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2021, 04:48:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190085 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18598 Members
Latest Member: mootpoinT
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Best commanders
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best commanders  (Read 56450 times)
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2008, 11:48:14 pm »

tbh its hard to say someone is a good comm because you have to rely so much on your team,

someone who is "good" tends to get a better team

i think the better comms are the ones that are creative and are able to adapt fast to situations

also dont follow the same base design everytime *cough battle cough*
SDiabolical

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2008, 02:21:19 am »

i think the better comms are the ones that are creative and are able to adapt fast to situations

also dont follow the same base design everytime *cough battle cough*

!
Moff
tragic
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2008, 02:32:15 am »

Tongue
tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2008, 06:54:36 am »

I played under paci once, and yes he commed the game very well. But from experience of playing under a consitant good commander i would say shamoke, and i'm sure alot of US players can back me up! There are alot of comms that can build a base, buff well ect. But i find there are a few that actually 'command' the team. Aka what paci did when he was comm. Before the match he made a plan and organised the team.

I agree with matt though. Alot is based on the team, at some point the match will be out of the commander's hands. I've never played under some of the comms mentioned.

Just out of interest, what makes you rate these comms so highly?

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2008, 12:19:43 pm »

Well it's quite simple, if they're at about my commanding level then they're really really good. They cant go above and that's y my name wasn't mentioned here coz obviously everyone knows im the best. The person who started this thread meant to name it "Best commanders (after eLeMenT)" but he was afraid of getting "no shit sherlock" comments back to his thread name.

Also, don't be stupid, don't flame me people, im being sarcastic Smiley

Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2008, 02:02:08 pm »

all newer players suck at commanding to be honest.

the high mining xp and the amount of slots fucked up the commanding at pubs, 'less you keep it real and don't rely on 10 PMers but workers, but then you lose more than you'll win in pubs, but much better practice.
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2008, 02:34:48 pm »

There is no better commander of the best commanders, but most of those you think is good might not be on the best commander level. You could say that commanding has 3levels terribly bad, good and better. Ones your at better, your the best, the only problem is theres 3-10others are on that level as well, and theres no way of getting better then them, because you're already the best and theres no more edges in commanding that you can learn to get better (because you already learned those things). Unlike on the field where theres is no level cap, and people can be waaaay better then others and still progress to be better, thats not possible in the commander seat because theres so few things to master.
Unreal

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2008, 02:52:36 pm »

I strongly vote Vinther and shamoke as the best comm ever, imo one of the most important key to be best comm is have very good fieldplay exprience and play it at high level on the field, so for example vinther or shagroth and etc, can play very well on the field, then combined with good commanding skill will definitely make them the best comm, but to weight comm skill between fieldplay skill, imo fieldplay skill would make you a better comm.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 02:54:42 pm by Unreal » Logged
WarDragonZ
Divine Punishment Form

50% tempest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2008, 12:18:35 am »

i actually feel bad about forgetting shamoke, him commanding on the usa servers for those few months was fun. Good guy.

AlphaFtw

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2008, 12:44:05 am »

Like others said, it differs from person to person. Some might say the best comms are the ones who bring the most epicness, some might say they're the ones who are the liked most, or some might say they're the ones who can improve and stand out the fastest.

It's all opinion.
Scorch

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2008, 09:53:19 pm »

Everyone knows sun has the best commander JB and Crazy-bash-dicoot or know as Crashbandicoot!!
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2008, 11:57:17 pm »

warning, bad joke.

Wasn't a joke, was an honest question.

There is no better commander of the best commanders, but most of those you think is good might not be on the best commander level. You could say that commanding has 3levels terribly bad, good and better. Ones your at better, your the best, the only problem is theres 3-10others are on that level as well, and theres no way of getting better then them, because you're already the best and theres no more edges in commanding that you can learn to get better (because you already learned those things). Unlike on the field where theres is no level cap, and people can be waaaay better then others and still progress to be better, thats not possible in the commander seat because theres so few things to master.

I'd actually agree with that. There's so little difference between top commanders because once you know how to place buildings correctly, which tech lines work, and how to effectively manage your workers, the only thing you can improve on is your improvisational skills. Some people seriously lack them, (Host), but they don't help you a whole ton if you've got everything else going for you.

Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2008, 01:02:09 am »

Yes, if those semi good comms just started stealing good comms tactics more, they be waaay better in no time. That actual might be my best comm advice so far. "Steal the good comms tactic". I really hope people take this advice, because I seriously hate those games when your comm says "I will just tech up" with no plan whatsoever, thats like having a bot-comm, its so annoying  Tongue.
AlphaFtw

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2008, 06:47:41 am »

Yes, "stealing" great comm's tactics is arguably the best way of learning how to become a great comm. Personally, I used to learn a lot from Paci in the old days to become more aware of field tactics, but I had no interest in commanding at that time. However, if comms truly want to step up, imo they're going to need a burst of originality.

Consider the arsenal block technique. I first saw Paci use it in a small crossroads game and it failed horribly because his team was so bad. However, when Mr_Matt (as I hear it) revived this technique and put it in an effective way, this arsenal block technique spread widely. Now I see people use arsenals in any map for something other than base layout every 1/5 games.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 07:01:36 am by AlphaFtw » Logged
MrEvil
« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:01 am »

Matt is god! With crazy tactics!

I mean doing a sub 500 meter by the enemy lair +chem+fire+arcana+put nexus around their and win with a even team is crazy...

same on loswinter.. with hummys^^...

or chap rush was just omg...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: