Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2020, 01:46:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190045 Posts in 11004 Topics by 18532 Members
Latest Member: Aerith
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
| | |-+  Disputing i|vs RDH
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disputing i|vs RDH  (Read 17392 times)
Daolin

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2008, 04:30:35 am »

According to the rules your members on your roster have to be the same name they use in game.

We played RDH in a tie breaker map tonight after we both took a round.  They were reluctant to play the tiebreaker, but after much convincing they gave in.  Ben left the server, and when he came back new RDH people showed up who are not on their roster.  We suspect they are aliased people and several of them especially exeziee or some such was one we have never played against before.  He also is not on their NSL roster nor on their webpage as a member.

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 04:35:15 am »

Saila was Java, exieeeeze was more then likely BaRRaCuDDa.

On top of all this, there should be some rule against ringers. In the past matches we have played, clans have allways had to get a ringer to play against us, except for TRoN, and we have allways had our original members play for us. If not for ringers, their team would of had to forfeit the third match, and other various clans would of had to forfeit period.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:36:54 am by Spearwolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
Daolin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:39:54 am »

It's a shame when you try to play a game for fun and other clans can easily ruin the experience by being dishonest.

I hope in the next season you find a way to stop people from aliasing and severely punish those that lie, and if it's not in the rules you should prevent people from joining a clan half way through a season or at the very least in the middle of the playoffs.

I know thye weren't all original RDH members because the people playing in this tie breaker match were clearly better then the other RDH players I've played in the past, I wouldn't think they would save their absolute best players to determine a 3rd place match, but according to Ben they did.

BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:43:45 am »

they weren't apart of any other clan that was competing....no rule broken

and if you try and use the 'alias' thing...they were known aliases

i dont see why you are disputing against us bringing in 2 ringers (who had RDH ingame accounts before the match took place) when you guys were going to bring in thrain and alph

and i never lied, so never, NEVER accuse me of lying...you didnt ask me any questions to lie about.....you asked are they members, and i answered yes as they had already had ingame accounts...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:46:35 am by BeNdIzZlE_13 » Logged
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:48:59 am »

i dont see why you are disputing against us bringing in 2 ringers (who had RDH ingame accounts before the match took place) when you guys were going to bring in thrain and alph

We didn't though, because we didn't feel like getting a tainted win.

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:51:33 am »

im just saying, why bitch at us for doing something you were about to do?
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 05:01:53 am »

.. because shodan didn't crash again like we expected? Daolin was telling me on vent not to do it, so we would of told him to leave even if we couldnt get someone on to play

BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 05:36:55 am »

.. because shodan didn't crash again like we expected? Daolin was telling me on vent not to do it, so we would of told him to leave even if we couldnt get someone on to play
i'm betting you would of pulled in a ringer to meet the required 7
pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 05:42:33 am »

To be completely honest, I'm a bit ashamed. I have no problem with the two playing for RDH, but the aliasing aspect of it makes it worse. I know that Saila is Java, but the entire point of that alias rule is so that there is complete transparency in clan matches and that everybody knows who the others are. Just get them to use their common names rather than one that has been used in no more than 40 games (at least in Saila's case, couldn't find this exieeeeze guy).

If i| is feeling up for it, I would recommend a rematch of the tiebreaker round. RDH can use their mercenaries if they want, but we need to ensure that there is a feeling of fair play with every NSL match.
BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 06:23:52 am »

if we were to get technical on disputes and i wanted to bring something up, it would be this....

Icons : All players registered with a clan must have their clan's respective icon during matches for verification purposes.

not all of your players had icons, ours did gg

Ringers, Substitutes, etc. : All players competing for a clan must be registered with that clan in the management system, or they are not allowed to play. Each player may be registered with a maximum of ONE clan.

they were, gg

Alias' : All players must use the name they registered with in matches, absolutely no Alias' of any type are allowed during an official League match.

this is worded pourly as you can't technically register with a name, you join a clan with the username and java has java in his username.....gg?
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 06:42:16 am »

if we were to get technical on disputes and i wanted to bring something up, it would be this....

Icons : All players registered with a clan must have their clan's respective icon during matches for verification purposes.

not all of your players had icons, ours did gg

Ringers, Substitutes, etc. : All players competing for a clan must be registered with that clan in the management system, or they are not allowed to play. Each player may be registered with a maximum of ONE clan.

they were, gg

Alias' : All players must use the name they registered with in matches, absolutely no Alias' of any type are allowed during an official League match.

this is worded pourly as you can't technically register with a name, you join a clan with the username and java has java in his username.....gg?

Let me first say, that noone was wearing the silver RDH icon that ben signed up for the NSL, not the RED Icon that they were wearing during the match.

Shodan explained to us that the XR Beta client was down, so he could not have his icon on, unless he switched to sfe*. And Xenocide, still has ex2 because he doesn't want to get sep.

So you have no right to put that rule against us when you don't even use your icon, that you registered into the NSL.

And Java nor Barraccudda used their formal names, they aliased so we wouldn't know who they are.

Even though we could play a rematch, i doubt Daolin and company wouldn't want to because they would probably just get java and barra to play for them again using their proper names. Besides, if RDH wants third place so bad in a dead game that they'd recruit people from a different clan to play for them, then i guess they deserve it. I just want to know why the hell java and barra would play for RDH.

And for the record, Invictus plays clan matches for fun, and so far the only fun match i've had was our match vs Vandalism. So far they have been the only clan to play politely, in a match that i have been in.

Noone plays Savage for fun anymore, It's only about winning.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 06:45:23 am by Spearwolf » Logged

BeNdIzZlE_13
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 07:10:04 am »

here's a suggestion for the future of i| then, don't enter a league and then play in a tournament if you just want to have fun and not win

and as far as the icon goes, when Darkstorm was the interim admin for this league, i asked him to switch it out, but never got around to it...you are also the first person to mention it too...

after reading daolin's original post again, you said NSL roster...there is no such thing

and if you asked, i would of gladly told you who those players were....but you didn't, shame on you
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:25:25 am by BeNdIzZlE_13 » Logged
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 07:28:45 am »

Is there honestly contention based on the use of two known aliases? Me and Barra were both using names LINKED CLEARLY by newerth.com to our names. In fact, they found out who we were  by using this exact method. It's the 3rd place game that hardly anyone cares about, as mentioned by Spear anyways. If you're going to have fun with a game, enjoy it. There's no reason for a rematch when none of the games were even close, based on the simple fact that I had my name as Saila. We were bored, and we legally played a match for RDH, get over it.

WarDragonZ
Divine Punishment Form

50% tempest!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 10:46:13 am »

This is pretty weak really, ive personally ruined a league by playing for another team under alias. It's not cool, I shouldn't of done it, and it frankly shouldn't be possible. People should have to have their entire roster of possible players up at the START of the season, and if none of the players play before the semi finals they should be removed from the roster. You should also cap the rosters at like 14 people or something.

slashandburn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:15:14 pm »

The rule states "Ringers, Substitutes, etc. : All players competing for a clan must be registered with that clan in the management system, or they are not allowed to play. Each player may be registered with a maximum of ONE clan."

So basically what this means is as long as someone creates a new account just before the game starts they are legal?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: