Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 23, 2021, 08:34:44 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190061 Posts in 11009 Topics by 18569 Members
Latest Member: hyperpolymath
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Time to balance savage IMO
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Time to balance savage IMO  (Read 4301 times)
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2008, 08:06:54 pm »

Hey peeps, IMO we need to remove siege weapons (they all suck and are used on units anyway), then remove all weapons as they're used by sissies and stat whores. And, you know, there will always be stack, so it doesn't matter who wins as it was the result of a stacked team. I'd say we need to hide bases and make people spawn from flags or something and just fight 1vs1 on some kind of arena.
Please carefully review this proposal, I think we need this in XR.

Oh, almost forgot. Newerth poll shows that 70% of beast players use rabid, so they should be given it right on start, same for meds. Discuss
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:17:05 pm by Enliven » Logged

SDiabolical

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 08:14:59 pm »

Cheesy
Let's play Warmup forever!
UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:15:26 pm »

And no meds and rabid at duels

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:36:25 pm »

Screw savage, go play lemmings! Grin

+ move this to offtopic please.

UnnamedNewbie(20)
Official Newerth.com Troll

Z0MG INVITE FOR MY! I POOR FAMALY NEED DOTA MONEY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 08:46:08 pm »

Screw savage, go play lemmings! Grin

+ move this to offtopic please.

Naw to much reactions needed, think I'll go and own Minessweeper

Quote from: Trigardon
what am I know? A stupid asshole? Always been.
Quote from: Tjens
very ncie sig
Quote from: a ! M b O T*
//offtopic rly nice sig newbi lol
Quote from: UnSaFe
I intended to make the same sig[/
SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:19 pm »

Can't expect much more from enliven, but this was a real childish shot at pingu who is just trying to make the game more enjoyable for everybody, and really you don't need to start bashing him because you think that everything that post is going to be the end result, because i'm sure it won't be.

Rather then putting up useless topics and bashing everyone else, try and contribute for once.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:20:50 pm by Spearwolf » Logged

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
MrEvil
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 09:28:58 pm »

Hey peeps, IMO we need to remove siege weapons (they all suck and are used on units anyway), then remove all weapons as they're used by sissies and stat whores. And, you know, there will always be stack, so it doesn't matter who wins as it was the result of a stacked team. I'd say we need to hide bases and make people spawn from flags or something and just fight 1vs1 on some kind of arena.

Oh, almost forgot. Newerth poll shows that 70% of beast players use rabid, so they should be given it right on start, same for meds. Discuss

It wouldnt be Savage anymore.
pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 09:40:28 pm »

qft
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 12:03:57 am »

Can't expect much more from enliven, but this was a real childish shot at pingu who is just trying to make the game more enjoyable for everybody, and really you don't need to start bashing him because you think that everything that post is going to be the end result, because i'm sure it won't be.

Rather then putting up useless topics and bashing everyone else, try and contribute for once.
Oh hai, I've no clue who are you, but you might find this helpul: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,3114.0.html

I guess I should put /sarcasm tag so that you would get it, but w/e

<3 pingu tbh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 12:13:35 am by Enliven » Logged

SpearWolf
Demon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 01:39:55 am »

Oh hai, I've no clue who are you, but you might find this helpul: http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,3114.0.html

I guess I should put /sarcasm tag so that you would get it, but w/e

<3 pingu tbh

I'm sorry that i go by first impressions but you don't seem like the kind that contributes because every time i've seen you post you've been flaming other people, or acting like you're better then someone else.

I apologize, but it's hard to understand sarcasm over the internet, especially when you make an image of yourself being a jerk.

And part of this is because i am really god damn tired, so i apologize already for being bitchy.

And on second thought, i apologize for even starting this arguement.

Sorry, Enliven.

“The higher we soar, the farther we appear to those who cannot fly." - Nietschze
Cross
Savage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 06:42:07 am »

Brilliant my good sire! This indeed needs implementation pronto! While your at it, throw in being able to go inside the stronghold and shoot arrows out the windows ( if there are none, break down some walls and make it for crying out loud. )

Enlivin in the house, please help me find a spouse. Spearwolf kicking it up, time to win the world cup. Voldo keepin it real, please kind sir, don't steal my volvo. Over yonder is the pingu, I'm only glad he hasn't said f u. Damn cool, ain't no fool, mr evil, hit up the TiVo, unnamed newbie got his groovy. Then theres me, pay no heed, you know me, I keed, I keed.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 08:44:54 am »

this thread (and the other sarcastic ones) are just pointing out sth. We can continue discussing this forever, as you can see in all the previous threads. You will always find ppl in favour of certain ideas and ppl against them

The main problem is:
you have way too many factors that may be changed (12 units, 16 items, 24 weapons, hitboxes, speed, turning radius, damage (incl. damage against players & damage against buildings), range of weapons, splash effect radius, etc.) and those are partly related to eachother.

what i have learned from the other threads: due to this huge amount of varety it is nearly immpossible that you will the community agree on sth. we are all biased in some way due to our playing style and prefering some kind of unit and weapons. so we defend what we like and agree easy on things that wouldn't affect us that much.

another thing is the fact that ppl will always start "trading" - meaning they will argue like this:
"if you change XYZ then you must change ABC too" -> and there we go again for at least 22 post discussing the single aspects and how those two things are related and so on...

don't get me wrong, i am not against chage, but i don't see a way to solve this in a way that everyone will be happy. and therefore i don't see the point in re-starting the "time to balance Savage" threads over and over again...

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. – Edward Abbey
pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 04:30:11 pm »

Tell me which options you aren't open to in this topic (or which ones you are open to). There is no way to satisfy everybody, so lets see what works for most people and continue from there. Does anybody here think that there are no aspects of Savage that should be changed, that Savage is already a perfect game? We don't need to debate about that because it is clear that Savage is not perfect and the first step to making it better is to lay the options out on the table and see who agrees with said changes and to what extent.

Oh, and I hear that some sort of voting system may be added to the auth so all Savage players can voice their opinion before anything, XR or gameplay related, is changed.
Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:28 pm »

I totally agree with Hell', and I know that DJ and possible some other admins aren't looking forward to make balance-change either.

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 11:17:40 pm »

I totally agree with Hell', and I know that DJ and possible some other admins aren't looking forward to make balance-change either.

No no, the consensus was to not repeat Uttar's mistake by making major gameplay changes in XR. It's not that they're against change (although I haven't asked, to be fair), they just don't want to force any gameplay changes on the users. And rightly so.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: