Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 03:45:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189842 Posts in 10980 Topics by 18382 Members
Latest Member: tilgaccdrz
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Support Forum
| | |-+  stupid questions
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: stupid questions  (Read 1921 times)
daendil

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2008, 02:53:16 pm »

I have the SFE standalone and patched with the SFE* patch (probably not Sweet's, I don't remember)

- I have a "silverback.exe" and a "silverback2.exe". I use "silverback.exe" but recently started to wonder is it the right one?
- I cannot switch teams/go to spectator on duel server even though I "/kill" myself. It only works through reconnection. Why is that?
- What's the difference between EX2 and SEP ? (Yeah, I know, chaplains. But aside from that. For example in melee?)
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 04:29:01 pm »

- silverback.exe and silverback2.exe are both the same; not sure how it came to that, but xr won't be using latter any more.
- that's because some allied healer might still resurrect you (well, this does not really apply to duel servers, yet that rule is enforced there as well); hit 'L' or your left mouse button to get into the loadout screen, which effectively abandons your corpse. you show then be able to switch teams freely.
- they're two different patches developed by different people. and one of them died.
daendil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 05:12:05 pm »

- silverback.exe and silverback2.exe are both the same; not sure how it came to that, but xr won't be using latter any more.
ok, thx Smiley
- that's because some allied healer might still resurrect you (well, this does not really apply to duel servers, yet that rule is enforced there as well); hit 'L' or your left mouse button to get into the loadout screen, which effectively abandons your corpse. you show then be able to switch teams freely.
I'm at the loadout screen. I try to switch and then a yellow text appears in chat window, sg like: "You cannot change teams while on the field." (Or maybe I pressed 'Esc' instead of 'L' ? Can't remember...)
- they're two different patches developed by different people. and one of them died.
This doesn't really answer my question, but I didn't know that (different teams), thx for the info Afro.
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 10:20:48 pm »

silverback.exe is the correct executable to use when you install sfe* !!!!
Astro Peasant
Ytsejam

The sun smells too loud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 09:05:38 pm »

EX2 had different gameplay, like dropping weapons and picking them back up. With ofcourse many bugs like getting full ammo when you drop your own weapon and then pick it back up. Can't really think of any other things right now. I used to play EX2 but then it died, so I switched to SEP. And everybody always complains about the melee, but I don't notice anything, but that's jsut me I guess.

The Hungry Predator
I Like Cake... With Legos On Top...

The Savage Frogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 01:02:38 pm »

i believe EX2 had specualation over its melee, one of the reasons being that blocking when on a ranged weapon used to switch back to your melee weapon and it would also instantly use block, this meant that you hardly had to use any skill when it comes to switching and blocking, i believe it is a problem in SFE too... but yeh, theres alot of shit about the EX2 melee that ppl dont like..

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: