Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2019, 02:38:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189833 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18305 Members
Latest Member: ertre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Current siege situation
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Current siege situation  (Read 15491 times)
Taggi

View Profile
« on: May 04, 2006, 05:22:27 pm »

This has gone way to far when more then 10people in one game camping with siege on both sides, it does not only piss people off (and this is probably why most of them are doing it in the first place) and ruining game for those who try to play normal (Wich is TO WIN) but its creates pointless games where no sides have a any chance to win (why build summoners to kill a shielded base if none bothers to siege it)

I dont care who they are or why they are doing it, they obviosly dont give a shit so its time to force them to do something else.

/Ref kick idiots

Discuss.
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:25:53 pm »

This has gone way to far when more then 10people in one game camping with siege on both sides, it does not only piss people off (and this is probably why most of them are doing it in the first place) and ruining game for those who try to play normal (Wich is TO WIN) but its creates pointless games where no sides have a any chance to win (why build summoners to kill a shielded base if none bothers to siege it)

I dont care who they are or why they are doing it, they obviosly dont give a shit so its time to force them to do something else.

/Ref kick idiots

Discuss.

i cannot agree more on this, this is also one of the reasons im starting to hate savage and rather play wow.
so /ref kick idiots is a thing i cant agree more on.

panda

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:32:34 pm »

F1 !!!
u dont wanna shag going back on wow, do you?..

Mefix
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:33:05 pm »

Take coil sheesh
KOPOBKA
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 07:00:32 pm »

siege whoring is just a part of game...it makes ppl very angry but anyways it exists to be. kicking is not an exit. siege whoring depends on situation. sometimes for defend garr or something, sometimes just for fun...(sorry for my summ kills taggi). i offer to relax and wait for more balanced (i hope) savage 2. truly yours - teh best omgforfunsummonerowner
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 06:01:46 am »

I think just the projectiles of the sieges have to be slower. People could more easily evade siege attacks and buildings still aren't able to jump aside Rolleyes
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 08:05:26 am »

some people are just taking summ all game, then the same 4 games in a row or something, im happy to ref kick if DJ gives the go ahead
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 09:07:07 am »

I know siege whoring is a problem but how do you make a rule that says some1 has gone to far and is whoring siege, how do you quantify it? I see a rule causing more problems with people complaining about refs being 'anal' . For example if a ref is having a bad day and gets killed with siege kicks the player that may have been defending himself while attacking a building all hell will brake loose.

I really dont know what to do Sad

Whats the lesser evil?
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 09:49:40 am »

well - that is a good point DJ - but: we have well known siege whores on the server (e.g. seage slave* [however u spell it]) - this guy (just as an example) really is 90% of the time just using balli - ask Shag for the blood demo he used for his last movie if u wanna see...

and they would really deserve a kick for that.

but in the end - a "no-siege-whoring-rule" will be really complicated and nearly inpossible to get through on server - but some refslaying after warining could be helpfull...

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Helios
Sun God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 10:05:49 am »

I mainly only like to summ camp to kill buffers trying to kill my team's base or buildings, which I think is totally justifiable -- the other reason is it gets really frustrating trying to play regularly with high ping and sep, esp. for beasts.  But ofc I don't even play savage much anymore.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 10:10:03 am by Helios » Logged

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 10:46:13 am »

Yesterday I was spectating a game. Alpine valley. Shield was up, not even damaged. Summoners standing behind wall getting any lego that passes by, ballistas standing in front of SH just waiting until a beast comes from behind the wall to shoot them. |Warrior| Ibuz was one of em. I told him to lay off the balli camping, also told the summoners to stop shooting people try and get the shield instead. I think in these cases you should be allowed to /ref slay sieges. Several times I saw one guy getting siege killed while trying to kill coil campers who were shooting summoners, and also while he was trying to get a garrison on their hill behind SH.

Takz

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
KOPOBKA
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 10:54:55 am »

use grenades vs summoners...
Lehon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 11:38:25 am »

afaik it's impossible to hit a normal shield on alpine valley. it's too far away. on the other side it's like a sacrifice if you try to walk back with your summ. you know that he is slow and there is no cover...
in my opinion is any defending with balis lame. summs on the other side need a little time till they can shoot, and it takes about 3-4 secs till they have mana again, so it should be easier to kill them, while they try to defend their base, but it's some kind of lame too. i only do it, when i got killed about 2times by that legos cause of buffs...
i would say, refslay all sieges if they camp somewhere and are far away of being able to hit any buildings. but be sure that they really camp! and don't forget that you sometimes have to wait a few secs till you can go closer to enemy base.
ah and btw, refslay all people defending with cata or behes.
Ime
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 12:09:05 pm »

I know siege whoring is a problem but how do you make a rule that says some1 has gone to far and is whoring siege, how do you quantify it? I see a rule causing more problems with people complaining about refs being 'anal' . For example if a ref is having a bad day and gets killed with siege kicks the player that may have been defending himself while attacking a building all hell will brake loose.

I really dont know what to do Sad

Whats the lesser evil?

In a game i played recently i had 7 death... all of them was siege. 3 times from the same person.

1 kill is ok. 2 kills = kick

aka Zid and Kwan
Taggi

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 01:03:33 pm »

Is there a server option to lower siegedmg towards players?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: