Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2021, 12:11:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190086 Posts in 11011 Topics by 18598 Members
Latest Member: mootpoinT
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  Savage 2 FCP1 Preview at IGN
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Savage 2 FCP1 Preview at IGN  (Read 23348 times)
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:41:35 pm »

The 1st Free Content Patch (aka FCP1) is soon to be released for Savage 2!

The patch will see the following new additions to the game:

Over the next few days, IGN will be releasing details of the new content.  Day one has seen the release of details concerning armor progression.

Much like Savage 1, players now receive new levels of armor as the game progresses.  Each player begins the game at level 1.  As the game progresses, players receive experience for repairing buildings, damaging buildings, damaging and killing players, healing, and scouting.  As you gain additional levels, your armor will advance between up to 4 different styles.  While the armor doesn't reveal what you have spent your upgrade points on, it does give others a general idea of your level.  Armor doesn't affect gameplay like levels do; it's just for show.

IGN.com has been given an exclusive sneak peak of the new content to be added to the game, and will be releasing full reviews of the new features over the next few days.  Day one of the patch review can be found here.

The Devourer is a hulking mass of vanquished warriors brought to life in an evil entity.  This new Hellbourne unit costs 7 souls to summon.  Slice and dice your foes with a giant meat cleaver, bathe them in corrosive vomit, or launch rotten flesh at them - it's your choice.  While the Devourer does not have as much base health as other Hellbourne units, it gains health and mana by eating corpses.  As it eats more corpses, the Devourer grows in size until it towers over its foes; the screams of the slaughtered echoing across it's vile flesh.

More information about the Devourer can be found in IGN's daily article. 1UP is also doing a preview of some of the new features. You can read their blog here.

IGN has released the first ever video of the devourer in action.  Prepare yourself for a corpse buffet with an early look at the new Hellbourne unit.  The video, as well as a few comments, is available in IGN's blog.

Update: The Free Content Patch 1 is now live!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 10:39:15 pm by Senthryl » Logged
Dr. Evil
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 06:39:31 am »

Wow - great addition.  Maybe now people will play the game. Afro

Yes, the comment sounded weak and spiteful.  But the sad truth is on it's BEST day S2 has half the players of S1 (please, no comments about it now being free - therefore better.  God games are just that - good games).  For me, the game play of S2 has become so cumbersome, and the fun - weak at best - dies after the 2nd game.  I wish this wasn't so.  Anyone want my Ring of Dolphin Masterbation?

I paid for 2 accounts, hence I can comment. Not because I was an avid fan (well, partly avid), but because I hoped it would be better.  Nearly 2 frikin years of false hype, followed by an incredibly lackluster launch, S2 is a dog.  If you guys want an example of a small group of programmers with virtually no budget - that produce winning games - checkout Stardock.  They understand that the customer is always right, and their products are winners.  The improve on ideas - not throw them out the window at the first smell of investment dollars, for a newer 'secret' project.

As a side note, GALCIV2 has 3x the sales of GALCIV1.  Hmmmm... I  smell improvements.

Mailken treated many of us like pricks on the forums.  He took our money early promising a beta, and then delayed delivery.  The final product  - absolute crap.  Tell me - how many fans sites are there for S2?  How many S2 servers?  It's a dead game, even before it gets out of beta (whoops, I meant to say 'gold'.)  Even when you meet him in person, you can smell the 'used car salesman' on him (and yes, I have).

If it ain't broke,... well, you get the idea.  If they had rewritten the original crap code (show of hands anyone?) and kept the original intention of the game - they'd have a winner on their hands.

I do wish them luck - anyone want my unused accounts?  They're cheap!

Dr. Evil
(*Strangely tired of the S2 Pseudo-hype)
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 10:04:06 am »

This patch is gonna be good =D

Finally no more stun locks =p
No idea why they did not add the new melee to the list

Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 10:23:36 am »

Won't be good imo. You'll only see more kiting with all new players, which would be enough to scare them off the the game again (as range is not as good as in other games).

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 10:27:33 am »

Oh common dont be s negative guys! Im exited abotu this

maybe the game will get good now =D

jaguar
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 11:16:29 am »

Wow - great addition.  Maybe now people will play the game. Afro

Yes, the comment sounded weak and spiteful.  But the sad truth is on it's BEST day S2 has half the players of S1 (please, no comments about it now being free - therefore better.  God games are just that - good games).  For me, the game play of S2 has become so cumbersome, and the fun - weak at best - dies after the 2nd game.  I wish this wasn't so.  Anyone want my Ring of Dolphin Masterbation?

I paid for 2 accounts, hence I can comment. Not because I was an avid fan (well, partly avid), but because I hoped it would be better.  Nearly 2 frikin years of false hype, followed by an incredibly lackluster launch, S2 is a dog.  If you guys want an example of a small group of programmers with virtually no budget - that produce winning games - checkout Stardock.  They understand that the customer is always right, and their products are winners.  The improve on ideas - not throw them out the window at the first smell of investment dollars, for a newer 'secret' project.

As a side note, GALCIV2 has 3x the sales of GALCIV1.  Hmmmm... I  smell improvements.

Mailken treated many of us like pricks on the forums.  He took our money early promising a beta, and then delayed delivery.  The final product  - absolute crap.  Tell me - how many fans sites are there for S2?  How many S2 servers?  It's a dead game, even before it gets out of beta (whoops, I meant to say 'gold'.)  Even when you meet him in person, you can smell the 'used car salesman' on him (and yes, I have).

If it ain't broke,... well, you get the idea.  If they had rewritten the original crap code (show of hands anyone?) and kept the original intention of the game - they'd have a winner on their hands.

I do wish them luck - anyone want my unused accounts?  They're cheap!

Dr. Evil
(*Strangely tired of the S2 Pseudo-hype)

Lmao!

I would reply but don't wanna get in another big argument Smiley
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:23:55 pm »

Yeh don't be critical of the FCP without having played it first!
CarniWhore
Newerth Donator

chown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 04:29:32 pm »

I will give it a try and give sav2 another go  Afro

The Hungry Predator
I Like Cake... With Legos On Top...

The Savage Frogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:29:09 pm »

lol i cant use sav 2 cus my acc is banned til i shorten my name to 12 characters or less which im not willing 2 do...  Angry

Dr. Evil
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 07:06:27 pm »

Yeah, I will try it - and yes, my comments were designed to make some laugh.  Sometimes stating the obvious does that.

Having said that - there are those who think that S2 is a better game, and a significant improvement.

*crickets*

Grasshopper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 09:13:48 pm »

Link?

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 09:25:27 pm »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/860/860794p1.html

MEH only one thing is featured

They'll be adding stuff during the week tough
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 09:33:30 pm by Tjens » Logged

Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 08:34:47 am »

Dj link this to a new post on the main page too. they'll be doing updates daily there two.

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5891668
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 10:19:33 am by Moxy » Logged

Disposable_Hero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 11:12:36 am »

lol i cant use sav 2 cus my acc is banned til i shorten my name to 12 characters or less which im not willing 2 do...  Angry

Yes this is kinda sad to see in a modern game. My name is banned too before shortening.

... still waiting info about the model exporter/importer. I will buy sav2 when it is released.

Nuke 'em till they glow then shoot them in the dark.
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 05:25:16 pm »

savage 2 sucks big time, its not as good as savage 1

(waits for jaguar to go crazy)

post a pic of devourer ASAP!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: