Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2020, 03:05:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190056 Posts in 11008 Topics by 18557 Members
Latest Member: HaldirHardy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  XR! Chaplians???
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: XR! Chaplians???  (Read 8424 times)
AMIT469

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:04:54 pm »

Well, hello everyone  Smiley, its :frog:Me

I have always thought, that the shamans/chaplians aren't often used but sometimes.. when its a long game..

Have you ever seen someone buying the chaplians ?? Angry i have never seen anyone that knows how to command getting  the chaplian.

Maybe after 50 minutes when its all up, and its a public game, so he just do it because he has too much stone  Cheesy

So i thought myself, looking at the chemical weapons thread.

Why not to consider improving the shamans and chaplians ? i think making them improved could make the game better.

Make it more "tactical"

Like having a chaplian when you group work, it could be awsome, the same for shamans but, (please remember that

Shamans Have leap and they're more capable of running or healing.. they're far effective than chaplians) so you must make

Em alittle less improvment .. if this will be considerd  Afro.

So, what do you think? any ideas ?

maybe someone that develop the XR will consider this stuff  Wink.

P.S

I haven't played along time, can someone give me a link for the last SFE version please? i cant find it  Grin

thanks in advance

post your commet   Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:09:17 pm by AMIT469 » Logged
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:51:38 pm »

Enliven wrote anywhere that we could make chaplains autoavailable when monast is up ^^

Cross
Savage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 04:42:57 am »

Yeah I made a post months back on the same issue, they definitely need a change because as of now, and even on RDH server where they are buffed, they are hardly ever used.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
Domiel

Warrior Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 12:10:59 pm »

And maybe make it so that the comm can decide how many chaps there can max be on a team, to prevent the noobs all wanting one....
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 12:25:12 pm »

And maybe make it so that the comm can decide how many chaps there can max be on a team, to prevent the noobs all wanting one....

omg thats genius!

UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 01:16:22 pm »

How about you get chaplain along with the monastery, and every upgrade only costs 100 stone (same for shamans).
That would reeealy make it more tactical.

darkbread
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

a lump of bread, that is of a dark color...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:16:29 pm »

I haven't played along time, can someone give me a link for the last SFE version please? i cant find it  Grin

thanks in advance

post your commet   Smiley

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,3869.0.html  SFE* Patch  Smiley

AMIT469

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 03:25:35 pm »

thanks mate  Smiley
And i love that idea, ill think of some stuff, ill post it as soon as i have some ideas  Wink
HoboJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:24:22 pm »

Chaplain + Shaman fixes should be coupled with a fix to ammo pack. Ammo pack should increase max ammo not just give extra

Chaplains should be able to carry extra ammo that they can drop for humans to pick up and refill on the go. Chaplains should have something similar to the chaplains potion for mana so beasts can keep on going with ranged. Not only would these additions make chaplains and shamans invaluable on the field it'll liven up the game a lot.
~HoboJ~
Cross
Savage

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 08:43:22 pm »

Also resurrect at a distance, like in savage2, since the shamans only need to leap away after the res. even if hes surrounded, a chaplin can block, but if surrounded obviously can't block 2+ beast at once.

I agree with the com setting a hardcap on the chaplins, but shouldn't it also apply to beast? They have the same problem. I also  agree with hoboj on the ammo.

Perhaps give the shamans a slight damage boost since the hammers are hard to actually hit with, and a slight boost on hp healing.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8
AMIT469

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:06 pm »

well here are some ideas:

1. giving shamans (not sure about shamans tho) and chaplians, to become invisible for 7-10 seconds and reappear, during that time none will be able to see em (don't know how it'll function with the sensors Wink), or giving them sort of shield, that'll make them for a period 5-10 seconds fully invarluable for any physical damage, and almost fully against weapons.
2. giving the chaplians and shamans a weapon, a gun, i think of 100 bullets of flux .. for chaplian .. and maybe alill of tempest for shaman.
i think that could make them not too strong, but abillty to survive by their own, if they'll be 2 chaplians sorrounded by some predators, its not like they have any chance.

but giving them gun and melee abillity will make them alittle bit more dangerous .. not too much, i think they'll just be alittle bit of use in a battle, as for now, chaplians and shamans are weak and they can't do anything (shaman can run, usually, the chaplian can't do shit, he die in seconds)

please remember that they have no power, so even using their 'shield',invisibilty,or gun wont make them super strong, they have no sac or any other skill which allows them to do anything beside going along with a group of your team (melee) and heal them, and helping alittlebit in the battle.

So considering that, i think they can make savage much more fun.  Cool
For example, in a cw, going 3 legos and 2 chaplians heading for the beast base with some demolish charge, with 2 chaplians it can make the thing much more interesting and fun, and i gues it'll make it harder for each side.

what you think  ?  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:56:27 pm by AMIT469 » Logged
UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 09:04:48 pm »

Why are you people always saying that chaplains are worse than shamans? Maybe shamans have some more advantages to healing right? But chaplains also have their advantages, and not just with the healing part, they're also allot better at building than shamans will ever be. Its all balanced really, one way or the other  Shocked

AMIT469

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2008, 09:08:01 pm »

No mate, shamans can actually heal their companions and revive them.
Chaplians CANT, they die in the battlefield in seconds,
that is only because shamans in a high level have alot of leaps so they get quick to the one they want to heal and thats it.
Chaplians 2 hits from predator, they're dead, they have no chance getting for the one they wanna revive.
(and remember that shamans are bought after every other structure was built, so you'll usually be more than level 7, means that you'll have maximum leaps  Wink)

And please remember that the nomad is faster.. more or less, it doesn't really matter.
and besides, who ever bought chaplians? and if he did, none used it, if someone did, they were noobs, and if they did, they didn't build. (obviously because commanders get chaplians only after all other structures are built).

So i hope you agree with me  Rolleyes Wink
UnSaFe
Lifetime fan of Crom
Newerth Donator

ex-troll

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2008, 09:13:29 pm »

They can't? They die? So, are you saying shamans can't die?  Cheesy

Chaplians 2 hits from predator, they're dead, they have no chance getting for the one they wanna revive.

Shamans 2 hits from a lego, they're dead asswell...
And please remember that the nomad is faster.. more or less, it doesn't really matter.
ROFL!
and besides, who ever bought chaplians? and if he did, none used it, if someone did, they were noobs, and if they did, they didn't build. (obviously because commanders get chaplians only after all other structures are built).
What does this suppose to mean?

So i hope you agree with me  Rolleyes Wink
No, i really don't  Huh

AMIT469

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:09 pm »

oh my god, unsafe you n00b! Cheesy
ok :

They can't? They die? So, are you saying shamans can't die?  cheesy

Shamans can obviously die.. they can leap away easily (remember, they are usually bought in the end of the game, so you're already after level 7 = you have like 5 or 6 leaps i don't really remember xD).
But chaplians can't run away, they simply can't and you know it, its impossible.

---------------------------------
-

Shamans 2 hits from a lego, they're dead asswell...

yeah well, i don't usually see shamans getting hit by a lego, a skilled player could easily avoid a lego trying to kill him.

(if he's a shaman and he's trying to run..)

-------------------------------------

ROFL!

yeah well i haven't played along time don't blame me Sad

----------------------
What does this suppose to mean?

this sppouse to mean this :

- commanders don't usually buy chaplians.
- If they do only newbies will use the chaplians.
- newbies don't really know what they're doing so they wont go and help the commander to build (and besides, if the commander have already bought chaplians i'm sure he don't need any help building ..)

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: