Server rules applying to EvO servers and are here as a template for servers hosted by Newerth.com. To be modified as the Newerth.com server admin sees fit (But please post your altered rule set on the server forum).
Before I begin, let me make this clear.CAMPING IS ALLOWEDPlaying on this server is a privilege not a right.Player rulesAll rules are based on common sense, so if you behave you don't need to be scared to break any server rules
If you break any of the rules you will be punished by newerth.comís server admins or referees.
1. Zero tolerance on insults, mute will be instant. Racism will NOT be tolerated. Players should not whine, flame, moan or complain about other players ingame (visit the server forum for that).
2. Players must not exploit the map or the terrain, e.g.
- Shooting over hills or walls with catapults or weapons that equal the effects of a catapult, if the map design does not allow it (if unclear, refs decide)
- Avoiding map limitations, e.g. getting over grimmís wall (Shooting over grims is acceptable)
- Abuse the terrain to get to places other players canít get to
3. Players must not take the commander seat to start a game and afterwards leave the commander seat again.
4. Players are not allowed to talk foreign languages in global chat more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, afterward please make use of /msg or spectator chat.
5. Players must not impersonate other players or use other playersí clan tags / icons. Offenders will be kicked instantly.7. Respect the refs and their decisions. Commander rules
1. Commanders may not place buildings to gain unfair advantage, i.e. garrisons or sub lairs behind walls to make their players spawn on the other side, unless this side can easily be reached by walking around the wall and the wall just shields the sub/garr from siege or such.
2. Commanders are not allowed to bail.
3. Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags. It is allowed to build buildings surrounding the flag.
4. Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players, nor can they place one sided gates all over the map (known as fake gates)
5. Commanders are not allowed to destroy their team's tech to end a game.Concerning Votes
1. Players must not call kick votes for no reason. If no reason is specified after a kick vote has been started, it will be stopped.
2. Players should not call nextmap votes midgame.
3. Players must not call mute votes if the person the vote is about did not spam or insult other players.
4. Message votes may be called, although they may be stopped by referees without giving a reason.
5. Restart votes are allowed in the first 10 minutes of a match (possible reasons: comm -> noob/bailed/timed out)
6. Players may call shuffle votes if they feel the teams are uneven.
7. Players may call draw votes if a commander bailed at start and there is no point at playing anymore. Draw votes may also be called if no team makes significant progress at gaining control over the map for at least 20 minutes.
8. Elect votes are necessary before a game begins. Once the game started they may be called if the commander obviously does not know how to command. Votes to elect a new commander even though the current commander knows how to command may be stopped.
9. World, nextmap and restart votes are allowed to full extent after a match is finished.
Please bind your refpwd to a key! Example:
setsave bind i refpwd <pass_here>NOTE: Above all you need common sense to be a good ref. Referees may be kicked from the server by other referees if they do not reveal their real nick when asked to.Actions taken by referees
Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules. Removal of Ref Status
Abusing the referee status, i.e. kicking, muting, slaying players for no apparent reason or for the fun of it, loading nextmap or restarting the match mid-game, changing the races without a vote, forcing people into the commander seat who are not willing to command, impeaching commanders for no reason, pausing the game for no reason, changing the time limit without a vote or at least the agreement of another referee, turning yourself into a chiprel/buffalo to gain unfair advantage.
NOTE: Player complaints will no longer be accepted. Due to several issues in the past this has proven not to work out. From now on refs check on other refs, and are the only ones who may complain about other refs.
If you think a rule should be changed or that there should be another rule added please post and tell us.