Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2020, 03:52:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190055 Posts in 11008 Topics by 18555 Members
Latest Member: Batteryjwu
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  NEW: Newerth EvO Server Rules (Official Newerth.com Rules Template)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NEW: Newerth EvO Server Rules (Official Newerth.com Rules Template)  (Read 41623 times)
xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2007, 03:28:19 pm »

Server rules applying to EvO servers and are here as a template for servers hosted by Newerth.com. To be modified as the Newerth.com server admin sees fit (But please post your altered rule set on the server forum).

Before I begin, let me make this clear.

CAMPING IS ALLOWED
Playing on this server is a privilege not a right.

Player rules

All rules are based on common sense, so if you behave you don't need to be scared to break any server rules
If you break any of the rules you will be punished by newerth.comís server admins or referees.

1.   Zero tolerance on insults, mute will be instant. Racism will NOT be tolerated. Players should not whine, flame, moan or complain about other players ingame (visit the server forum for that).

2.   Players must not exploit the map or the terrain, e.g.
-   Shooting over hills or walls with catapults or weapons that equal the effects of a catapult, if the map design does not allow it (if unclear, refs decide)
-   Avoiding map limitations, e.g. getting over grimmís wall (Shooting over grims is acceptable)
-   Abuse the terrain to get to places other players canít get to

3.   Players must not take the commander seat to start a game and afterwards leave the commander seat again.

4.   Players are not allowed to talk foreign languages in global chat more than a few sentences. It is allowed to contact other people in your own language, afterward please make use of /msg or spectator chat.

5.   Players must not impersonate other players or use other playersí clan tags / icons. Offenders will be kicked instantly.

7.     Respect the refs and their decisions.

Commander rules

1.   Commanders may not place buildings to gain unfair advantage, i.e. garrisons or sub lairs behind walls to make their players spawn on the other side, unless this side can easily be reached by walking around the wall and the wall just shields the sub/garr  from siege or such.

2.   Commanders are not allowed to bail.

3.   Commanders are not allowed to place buildings on top of flags. It is allowed to build buildings surrounding the flag.

4.   Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players, nor can they place one sided gates all over the map (known as fake gates)

5.     Commanders are not allowed to destroy their team's tech to end a game.

Concerning Votes

1.   Players must not call kick votes for no reason. If no reason is specified after a kick vote has been started, it will be stopped.

2.   Players should not call nextmap votes midgame.

3.   Players must not call mute votes if the person the vote is about did not spam or insult other players.

4.   Message votes may be called, although they may be stopped by referees without giving a reason.

5.   Restart votes are allowed in the first 10 minutes of a match (possible reasons: comm -> noob/bailed/timed out)

6.   Players may call shuffle votes if they feel the teams are uneven.

7.   Players may call draw votes if a commander bailed at start and there is no point at playing anymore. Draw votes may also be called if no team makes significant progress at gaining control over the map for at least 20 minutes.

8.   Elect votes are necessary before a game begins. Once the game started they may be called if the commander obviously does not know how to command. Votes to elect a new commander even though the current commander knows how to command may be stopped.

9.   World, nextmap and restart votes are allowed to full extent after a match is finished.

Concerning Referees

Note:
Please bind your refpwd to a key! Example:
setsave bind i refpwd <pass_here>

NOTE: Above all you need common sense to be a good ref.

Referees may be kicked from the server by other referees if they do not reveal their real nick when asked to.

Actions taken by referees

Referees will punish you if you break any of the rules or if you misbehaved in a way that might not be literally listed in the rules.

Removal of Ref Status

Abusing the referee status, i.e. kicking, muting, slaying players for no apparent reason or for the fun of it, loading nextmap or restarting the match mid-game, changing the races without a vote, forcing people into the commander seat who are not willing to command, impeaching commanders for no reason, pausing the game for no reason, changing the time limit without a vote or at least the agreement of another referee, turning yourself into a chiprel/buffalo to gain unfair advantage.

NOTE: Player complaints will no longer be accepted. Due to several issues in the past this has proven not to work out. From now on refs check on other refs, and are the only ones who may complain about other refs.

If you think a rule should be changed or that there should be another rule added please post and tell us.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:22:39 pm by DarkStar » Logged
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 03:46:36 pm »

rofl, why does no one manage to spell "privilege" right? Rolleyes

looks fine otherwise, except that i don't agree with the last sentence of player rule #6, but that's prolly already known Wink
Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 04:46:32 pm »

2.   Players must not exploit the map or the terrain, i.e.
-   shooting over hills or walls with catapults or weapons that equal the effects of a catapult, if the map design does not allow it (if unclear, refs decide)

just to be clear .. angling cata on a ramp for extra distance ... exploit or not ?

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 05:22:01 pm »

2.   Players must not exploit the map or the terrain, i.e.
-   shooting over hills or walls with catapults or weapons that equal the effects of a catapult, if the map design does not allow it (if unclear, refs decide)

just to be clear .. angling cata on a ramp for extra distance ... exploit or not ?

Absolutely not relevant - as long as the cata doesnt shoot over hills you can get up ramps or whatever.
Astro Peasant
Ytsejam

The sun smells too loud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43:33 pm »

Quote from: Rules
1.   Referees have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or problems that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!).
So do experienced players still have to be warned? I remember that this is a confusing rule for many people.

btw samurai isn't in eoN anymore.

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 08:47:48 pm »

Quote from: Rules
1.   Referees have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or problems that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!).
So do experienced players still have to be warned? I remember that this is a confusing rule for many people.

btw samurai isn't in eoN anymore.

also experienced players should be warned - but if in a particular situation a player who knows the rules disobeys them (spawns behe as comm or shit) he can be insta-killed or whatever without warning, as he clearly knew he wasnt allowed to.

a different case could be not talking english in glob chat - i think even experienced players gotta be warned there when they're exaggerating it. so it sort of depends, but in general players should mostly still be warned.
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 09:19:02 pm »

/ref slay name reason
ExpoitingBitch was slayed for exploiting
nuff said

Sesse

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:52:19 am »

Please allow the refs to reserve the right to kick him/her, or a member of another gender or both, given that the accused has made a remark on the size of my ego. It is average, really.

P.S. Does jumping between building and terrain till you get over, but which would not be possible by a single jump or leap, count as terrain exploit? I called a vote for this the other day, but it was stopped because it is not against the rules?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:58:06 am by Sesse » Logged

Signatures are stupid - bite me
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 02:05:08 pm »

That's not exploiting, Sesse. It's bad building placementm otherwise it would be very hard to sac shields.

- add me to Phalanx refs newb
xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 04:02:36 pm »

That's not exploiting, Sesse. It's bad building placementm otherwise it would be very hard to sac shields.

- add me to Phalanx refs newb

add you to what?
SirEdb
Official against E-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 11:18:00 pm »

in the ref list. add me too newb.

1.   Players are not allowed to insult other players. Any kind of racism is not tolerated. Players should not whine, flame, moan or complain about other players ingame (visit the server forum for that).

Disagree, too vague. what if I think any word anyone outside P utters about me is considered moaning? (which I don't, just Darkstar Tongue)

5.   Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.
Remove rule. retarded. period. . dot.

Players may call draw votes if a commander bailed at start and there is no point at playing anymore.
turn this into:
Players may call RESTARTMATCH votes if a commander bailed at start and there is no point at playing anymore. This is also said in rule nr. 5 of the section, making this rule rather absolete.

3.   Players must not call mute votes if the person the vote is about did not spam or insult other players.
Add people who continiously take command spot, so I have to stop votes 24/7.

add:
special rule #1. Ex should always bring a full pint of lager to edb.
special rule #2. something about being annoying with caps.
special rule #3. Parrot > cow > pig > mouse. No discussion about this please.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:26:05 pm by SirEdb » Logged

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 12:23:09 pm »

1. not too vague, a ref should be able to decide when its an insult or whatever and when its not.

2. rule will stay, undestroyable gates make a game pointless. (-> cant be reached.. reaching also means cant be reached with ranged)

3. removing that rule would make no difference.

4. mutes on noobs who try to comm all the time count as spam-mutes too, hence no need for an extra rule.

your special rules are ok except number 1!
Moxy
Newerth Donator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 04:47:03 pm »

5. Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.

I my self know what this means but i want ex to confirm so no random person moans about this. this is gateways that cannot be reached due to terrain and map layout and not because a stupid com has built buildings stopping his team able to get to the gate and killing it.

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 05:26:46 pm »

5. Commanders are not allowed to place gateways at locations that cannot be reached by players.

I my self know what this means but i want ex to confirm so no random person moans about this. this is gateways that cannot be reached due to terrain and map layout and not because a stupid com has built buildings stopping his team able to get to the gate and killing it.

correct.
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 08:17:48 pm »

The Phalanx  - 4
eXzore
Mats
Uttar
Blados
<----------- ADD ME THERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print