Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 07, 2020, 01:33:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190013 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Development News
| | |-+  Newerth Savage League (NSL)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newerth Savage League (NSL)  (Read 41652 times)
pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:17:20 pm »

Introduction
In an attempt to inject some life into the Savage community, Newerth.com is hosting a Savage league for all interested clans. The script for the league was actually completed a few months back, but recent XR development will finally allowe it to go live. I'm in the process of making the league a bit more user friendly and we will launch it in the upcoming weeks. Feel free to get some clan members together if you wish to participate in this 3-month long league. This league is primarily used to set up who plays who and the rest is up to the respective clan admins. More features will come as they are seen fit, as this script is still largely unfinished, and user input will be great.

The Basics
As of right now, a participating clan will be assigned a game once a week (on Monday). The only rule is that you need to determine a winner/loser in the next 2 weeks, either by playing the match or a forfeit. I've gone through a lot of trouble to develop the match making algorithm so that duplicate matches will be as minimized as possible (you can only play a clan if you have played them the same number of times as the clan you've played the least number of times) and still remain rather random. With a match a month, you can play about 13 or so matches (simple math ftw) in the 3-month span of the league. In the end, we'll just tally up the total points based on the number of wins, ties, and losses and determine a winner, or even set up an unofficial tournament. Oh, and there are three divisions of of right now: Aus, EU, US.

3rd Round
This is a new concept that I want to try out for the league so we don't get a whole lot of ties. Savage is, as you know, rather unbalanced on certain maps and with just 2 rounds, matches tend to end in ties with the beasts winning both games. Thus, I've added a 3rd round that is completely optional. If there is a tie after two rounds, then the clans can participate in a 3rd round to determine the winner. Once again, the clan admins will have to work out the details, but this 3rd round will involve the home team (determined on the match page) getting the ability to choose their race and play like normal. However, the catch is that in the even of a tie (from the round taking too long), the away team gets credit for the win as a result of the other team getting the pick earlier. I'm just tired of Savage always resulting in ties or blowouts. Oh, and you don't need to play this 3rd round if one of the teams dominates...

Anything else?
Soon after going live, we'll be releasing a clan management page. The league is hooked up to the SFE/XR database and will be able to get live stats as well as determine clan members and such. We have the ability to code webpages that will provide features that Savage is unable to produce. Also, there is a plan for allowing uploading demos for league matches in the works, and I just need to finish coding it now.

Link
You can look around a bit, but realize that this is not the current version of the script. You can also sign your clan in now if you don't wish to wait, but keep in mind that I'll be clearing any matches it may have generated for the few already signed up when the league goes lie. Also note that I've disabled the ability to submit scores until it goes live, along with some other little things. Please bug test this page and post here if you find anything out of place. And, lest I forget, forum accounts are not hooked up to Savage accounts, so you need to log into the league with your Savage info. Yes, I know that you may have forgotten your password, so PM me if you'd like to reset it and have pretty darn clear proof that you are who you claim to be.

Check out the league here
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:50:27 pm by Django » Logged
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:05 pm »

Great idea! I wish I would be in a clan now to play in that league :/

cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:11:23 pm »

Sweet!
I entered RaGeUSA

ReDMaN
--SoV-- Admin and organizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 01:26:28 pm »

On monday? sunday would be better day imo
darkbread
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

a lump of bread, that is of a dark color...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:23 pm »

ALFA added  Grin

Reinis
p0rn fan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 03:10:23 pm »

Rage EU added.  Wink

XabHippA
|DeMo|

im terribly tough, i really am

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 04:08:49 pm »

Added DeMo, since i havent got admin with |DeMo| Tongue (and those who do, arent very active atm)

©eN
Reinis
p0rn fan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 05:25:31 pm »

One more question: Why you picked Mondays Pingu and is it possible to change the day and time if both clan sides agrees?

Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 05:59:31 pm »

3rd Round
This is a new concept that I want to try out for the league so we don't get a whole lot of ties. Savage is, as you know, rather unbalanced on certain maps and with just 2 rounds, matches tend to end in ties with the beasts winning both games. Thus, I've added a 3rd round that is completely optional. If there is a tie after two rounds, then the clans can participate in a 3rd round to determine the winner. Once again, the clan admins will have to work out the details, but this 3rd round will involve the home team (determined on the match page) getting the ability to choose their race and play like normal. However, the catch is that in the even of a tie (from the round taking too long), the away team gets credit for the win as a result of the other team getting the pick earlier. I'm just tired of Savage always resulting in ties or blowouts. Oh, and you don't need to play this 3rd round if one of the teams dominates...

why not make it a HvH for the 3rd round that way its down to the team working together more and the "away" team cant say yeah but we woulda won being "that" race ... i think this will balance out a decider a little better if that is possible

darkbread
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

a lump of bread, that is of a dark color...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 06:26:36 pm »

3rd Round
This is a new concept .......edit for the win as a result of the other team getting the pick earlier. I'm just tired of Savage always resulting in ties or blowouts. Oh, and you don't need to play this 3rd round if one of the teams dominates...

why not make it a HvH for the 3rd round that way its down to the team working together more and the "away" team cant say yeah but we woulda won being "that" race ... i think this will balance out a decider a little better if that is possible

/agree

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 06:55:20 pm »

3rd Round

/disagree

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 07:01:22 pm »

On monday? sunday would be better day imo

you will be assigned a game on a monday and then you'll have 2 weeks to complete the match.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
-Nemesis-
--SoV-- Slave

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 07:33:12 pm »

yo pingu m8!
have you get the database from uttar or will you do it without?
anyways I will catch you later m8.

pingu
League Admin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 07:50:35 pm »

Good idea, will open that up as an option for the 3rd round (a bit more work for me to do Tongue).

One more question: Why you picked Mondays Pingu and is it possible to change the day and time if both clan sides agrees?

As Takz stated, Monday is just the day that you get assigned the next match. I only chose Monday because it's a fairly traditional start of the week and because it leaves Sunday open for a match as the absolute deadline. Basically, you can choose any date between the assignment and deadline dates to play the match, or even just a round of the match.

Basically, assuming we were to start next week (which I doubt, I'll be gone):
Nov 19 (Monday): Week 1 of matches assigned.
Nov 26 (Monday): Week 2 of matches assigned.
December 2 (Sunday): Must have week 1 results reported by now.
December 3 (Monday): Week 3 of matches assigned.
December 9 (Sunday): Must have week 2 results reported by now.
December 10 (Monday): Week 4 of matches assigned.
And so on for 3 months.
Java
Newerth Referees (US)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 04:21:59 am »

Just a couple of questions...

Will cake and punch be provided?

and

How much $3c|<z will be provided, and how expensive is the aforementioned $3c|<z?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: