Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2021, 03:51:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190083 Posts in 11010 Topics by 18595 Members
Latest Member: Windwalker1218
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Mac Cider portage
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mac Cider portage  (Read 11814 times)
tekchip

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2007, 07:42:54 pm »

I just posted over at the regular Savage 1 forum and one of those members pointed out that there is/was a Mac version of the first savage game. I did buy the first game when it came out and was part of the beta. I managed to get my copy of the game running under Cider on my Mac but I'm having issues with maps downloading. It was mentioned there is an XR patch that is not released for Mac as well. I haven't played savage in some time due to my switch to a Mac so I'm still working on getting up to speed. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
cutter
Super Hero Member

Easy as 123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 08:12:59 pm »

And I'm here again
Cheesy
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,1699.0.html

tekchip

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 08:21:18 pm »

Cutter you rock my world!
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 08:32:29 pm »

And I don't? xD

As far as Savage XR is concerned, there's no plan to make a mac port... So we mac people have to find a way. How to do so depends on your computer. Intel chips will probably do best with a shell, something like crossover. I've had savage running in crossover before. The problem with real emulators is the lack of 'windows enabled graphics card'. Another piece of windows marketing and consumer trash. So emulators are out unless someone knows a way to route the graphics to the mac card. PPC macs... well, I really don't know.

Hopefully, the whole mac/windows non-compliant software will be dealt with soon, due to the lovely new code converter. But that's still in its infancy and I don't think it's open yet... but we'll worry about that later. Just don't let VP get hold of it...
Dragonsclaw
'Useless fanboi forum spammer'

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:42:39 pm »

MAC SUX.

Its buggy on Mac anyway.

Guy with 30 l1Is
plowing our wife

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 08:45:32 pm »

"code converter." Sounds like vaporware.
The mac port for Savage is shitty anyway and wasn't done by the original devs + it doesn't work on intel macs since it was written for PPC instruction set

Just install parallels desktop 3.0 and run a virtual windows/linux box on it. Works fine on my mac (and so do all dx9 games I believe).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 08:47:23 pm by Guy with 30 l1Is » Logged
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 04:03:48 pm »

Dragon go be a nub on your own. No-one here is bothered about what you think. It does work on Intel, just runs through rosetta. Parallells was having problems with it. Once I get my laptop back, I'll have a mess with it. The 'code converter' simply changes the references I think... look it up somewhere, coding isn't my point. All I care about is that it makes it faster to port stuff to mac. And yes, VP are absolute twats that can't code. The editor is proof of their stupidity.
tekchip

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 05:16:23 pm »

I don't know if you read it but I'm not using the mac version. I ported my self using Cider and it appears to be rock solid except for the map download and I also just discovered you can only run full screen. If you uncheck the full screen box it still runs full screen just offset as if it tried to put it in a window. It doesn't break per say. Just FYI.
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 12:07:36 pm »

So you've made a port of Savage that works natively in OSX on intel macs, by using Cider?
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2007, 02:37:14 pm »

i'm interested in this Smiley
tekchip

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 06:15:15 pm »

Thats correct. Ciderriffic...I'd like to take a crack at Savage XR if the devs will let me.
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 08:58:13 pm »

YOU'RE ON!!!
tekchip

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 09:25:17 pm »

Eclipse you a Savage XR dev? If yes then how do I get access to a copy of the game? PM me and let me know.
Eclipse

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 09:37:31 pm »

Don't ask me anything about coding xD Talk to Django bout that stuff.
tekchip

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 10:00:19 pm »

I don't so much need coding help per say. If I can just get my hands on a copy of the XR version of the game I should be able to work out the kinks my self. I'd just like to try it. Who knows may be it'll work and we can share it to all the Mac/Savage lovers or may be it won't and it'll fall flat on it's face. I'd at least like to take the shot at it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: