Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 03:33:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Recruitment Forum
| | |-+  INFO: How to create a clan / Clan Tutorial (SFE)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INFO: How to create a clan / Clan Tutorial (SFE)  (Read 54627 times)
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2007, 08:15:30 pm »

Creating a Clan
Savage clans are created directly in the game through console commands. If you have a new clan you want to make and then advertise here for recruiting, here's the quick step process to get your community rolling:

1. Join a server in your Savage game.
2. Type "/createclan <abbreviation> <full clan name>". The abbreviation may be up 7 characters and may include colour codes, the full clan name may consist of up to 24 characters. If you use more chars than the limit allows, the abbreviation/clan name will be truncated to match the limit.
3. Once your clan is created (which happens in about a second), you can then upload any graphic from your computer as an icon for it. To do this, type "/newicon c:/<path to your graphic file>". The size the graphic will appear at in the game depends on the players' screen resolutions, but will rarely be above 32x32 pixels; so it's best to resize your image to this size using such programs like IrfanView.
Allowed image file formats are PNG, GIF, JPG/JPEG, TIF and BMP; however, once the image is uploaded it'll be converted to PNG format, so it's best to use PNG right away to prevent any quality loss. You can convert an image file using free programs such as Easy Graphic Converter.
Also, the image file size may not exceed 16 KB.
4. Invite anyone to your clan that wants to join by simply typing "/invite <their name>".

In addition to the in game clan management, many of the more distinguished clans have their own websites and/or forums to help keep in contact with all of their members. If you have the means to do so, it's highly recommended to make a simple website for your clan. There are even websites where you can download all the html code necessary for a forum and even set up a host for your website, such as phpBB.

Joining a Clan
In case you didn't know, all of the icons that you see in Savage next to player's names are actually clans. If you see a clan that you want to join, you can simply ask a person with the icon you like to invite you. However, only Founders and Administrators of clans can invite, not all players in the clan have this rank. If they invite you, the command that you type to join is "/joinclan <their clan tag>". The clan tag appears to the left of the icon in their name when you're looking at the scoreboard and is usually 1-3 letters.

Closing Notes
If something won't work (esp. if ppl can't join your clan even though you invited them), make sure that all participants are using the newest SFE version.

For a list of all available commands regarding clan management, type "/clancommands".
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:20:58 pm by darkbread » Logged

ŤЊέ Đąŕĸ Őŋę
ŤЊέ Đąŕĸ Őŋę

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 01:43:38 pm »

it also supports .gif 
and lock the thread please

BEFORE I START SPAMMING
plus other spammers

Glory unto Sol and Sil
With grace to Mother Earth and Father Heaven
Let thy pure step into The Holy Lands
Notausgang
Map Admin
Super Hero Member

Gnagsuaton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 03:14:54 pm »

Why lock this thread? If someone has a question about this, he will find it helpful to be able to place it here.
The only spammer here is you; and if you don't stop, we won't lock the thread, but lock you Angry

Btw, I'll correct DarkStorm's information in a second.
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:34:40 pm »

Thanks for the updated info notau, I don't know everything. ^_^

liadush

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 12:16:47 pm »

Hi.
I have a problem of making a clan.
I made all the steps as you wrote in your topic, but after i do /creatclan <shortcut of clan name> <full clan name>
i dont get anything, like nothing happends?,if you can help me, please tell me where iam wrong .

thanks,
liad
DarkStorm
NSL Administrator

ZZZzzzz.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2007, 02:03:26 am »

/creatclan <shortcut of clan name> <full clan name>

First off. you didn't spell the command properally. It's "/createclan" not "/creatclan".

If that doesn't fix the problem, then all I can say is the SFE authentication server has been acting up the past couple of weeks and certain clan commands have bugged. If this is the case for the "/createclan" command as well, then unfortunately you will have to wait until the release of XR with the brand new authentication server before you can make your clan.

Grella BundAy

yAdnuB allerG

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 02:40:28 pm »

Well Cheesy

Gahoo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 01:37:38 pm »

When I try to create a clan the console says, "error:command '/createclan' not recognized" . I also can't use the ^ symbol for colors. The console reads it as a space for some reason.
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 03:16:52 pm »

When I try to create a clan the console says, "error:command '/createclan' not recognized" . I also can't use the ^ symbol for colors. The console reads it as a space for some reason.

Might be because the authentication server is down

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Riochet

Front Line Defense Force.(SOA Founder,Pyr0 member)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 03:26:03 am »

hmm dam colors work good but when i type in:

"/createclan <------> <------------------->

is says Unknown Command and dos nothin what have i done wrong.

Pyr0 and SOA 4 EVER.
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 10:14:42 am »

maybe the abbreviation is too long - a colour code counts as 4 letters

e.g. ^856Warlord is too long

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Riochet

Front Line Defense Force.(SOA Founder,Pyr0 member)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 10:04:11 am »

wow thaanks man ill tryit out.

your a real helper.

Pyr0 and SOA 4 EVER.
Voldo
Neighbourhood Rangewhore
Super Hero Member

Oh Dear...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 05:24:11 pm »

The abbreviation can only be 7 characters long.

Wolfy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 10:01:58 am »

Good work ...Thank you  Afro sorry for modify

Like this game
Like this world
Like everything in this game !
Do0M
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 08:26:11 pm »

I know This sounds like a nooby question but what if the clans want to make a forum for there clan n dont know how?
is there any tutorials on that> lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: