Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 07:47:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189810 Posts in 10980 Topics by 18370 Members
Latest Member: dalatujjcc
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  [OLD] Refs & Rules!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [OLD] Refs & Rules!  (Read 34598 times)
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:02:06 pm »

Hey,

Since the server is coming a in a few days I'm writing this topic so that we can get the refs and server rule(s) sorted. Everything is open to the community for discussion and amendments. The ref lists are provisional and most likely will be changed but apply to all servers (duel etc).

Ref Rules:
The idea behind this is to stop ref abuse. If any1 uses ref to kick another ref they must post a reason for doing so after which both persons ref status will go under review and most likely one (maybe both) will revoked permanently. The idea of the ref though is to backup voting so don't use it unless a vote doesn't pass and the situation fits the ref rules.

Before the rules here is a definition of gliching:

Any player found to be using terrain or buildings to his advantage when killing anything of the other team's is to be considered a glicher.

Kicking:
I think its is fine to kick repeat offender of 'glichers', comm seat stealer's and for abusive language like racism as long as the ref has given at least 2 warnings. If this doesn't prevent the person then a perm ban will be enforced (trust me i know many ways to prevent people like this from connecting to savage so don't be a dickhead)

Muting:
Again repeat offenders of spam votes or  chat should be muted after being warned. If that person then disconnects and rejoins before a match has finished and have now become un-muted they should be kicked?

Instant Killing:
Used by God Refs to prevent 'gliching' at short notice. Refs should then give a warning.

Changing/Restarting maps:
Only if the current map is unsuitable in some way, maybe its too big or a noob comm has taken the seat and the game needs to be restarted/

Removing Noob Comms:
If they are noobs commanding give them a chance then call a vote if it doesn't pass impeach/elect a new comm by vote. If that doesn't work use your ref powers

Impeaching Behe Spawning Comms:
If a commander spawns behe to defend his sub and doesn't know that this is not aloud then that commander should be removed to spec or be kicked? If he is repeat offender.

Bans:

Permanent Bans (perm ban) will last for a week the first time a month the next and you've guessed it 3 strikes your out forever infinite ban. No matter who you are!

Souls:

You here by sign over your soul to DJ by agreeing to these rules  Evil

####THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE####

If you are about to do something with your ref powers explain it first to every1 on the server, so that they know your reasoning. Otherwise people will start getting pissed off with if you don't. I have already seen happen already.

Any more rules that should be added? POST AND TELL US!

God Refs
God Refs have been chosen who I think picking the most stable, adult players in the savage community if you think you have what it takes then ask (Give me a shout). God Refs will be:

Shagorth
Shamoke
Taggi
Mr_Matt
Ithkul
Hethrep (Hes admin anyway Afro )

Normal Refs
People contributing to the server will be 100% guaranteed ref status. I hope that at least one (hope 2) person from each clan will ask for ref status too (so post if you want to). I hope that refs will join Evo's irc channel too (ask if you dont know the server/channel). The current list is below although its very short since I can't remember half the people that would be good so don't be offended if your not on the list and would like to be!:

Evo refs:
All EvO's in IRC (+ other trusted evo members)

Clan refs:
Takz / Manoah |SoV|
Exzore / Tanks |P|
Sykot / Moxterminator |Demo|
Baki / Badboy |Warrior|
(your name) / (your name) |your clan|

Again if I'm going over the top here with rules and stuff tell me as I have said before. Sorry for another long post too Tongue

Cheers DJ.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 04:21:15 pm by SirEx » Logged
OzzO
Shag Pwnerer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:14:04 pm »

i say all evo in our private channel plus the contributors for a normal ref status,
and trustees of DJ for god ref

just my 5 cents

gr. OzzO

Ime
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:45:01 pm »

I agree whit oz  Cool

that will cover the ref 24/7 on the server.... just my thoughts

aka Zid and Kwan
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:47:12 pm »

ok I'll change the post mate Smiley
Takz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:57:02 pm »

Whats evo's irc channel? Also im very glad I was chosen as to be a ref was kinda surprised but thx mate is good to know you trust me Smiley

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 01:00:05 pm »

np Smiley 'Evo IRC' is the #|EvO| channel on irc.quakenet.org server. Its where we all talk as a group. It would be nice if refs joined it so if there are any problems they will be sorted in real time.

EDIT: If you want to join irc get goto www.xchat.org for a free client
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 01:03:35 pm by DJ » Logged
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 01:07:46 pm »

not really a rule - just something to think about:

will there be a concede vote?

not that i am a fan of it - but it has become a annoying habit on linux that ppl start changemap votes at the end of game - and as we know some ppl don't read - just hit F1 - personally i had it three or four times that the vote passed and a good game was killed.  Angry

is there a possibilty to "block" changemap votes when a game is running (only if there is no concede)?

and some other  thoughts:

-on exploiters and how to handle them:

- if a player sees someone exploiting a ref should check it out in spec mode and insta kill with a warning to him and all others not to exploit - no exeption if noob or experienced clan-player - no second chance that day / week / month - next exploit - ban for a week/month/lifetime
 -> with that - clear definition of exploit! (ofc - walking at places where u normaly shouldn't be)
- behe spawning comm?
- shooting cata over wall?
- walking through/over (grimms) walls?

- saccers:

we all know the frustration of ppl saccing one on one - and not by mistake but with full purpose and done repeatedly.
imo they ruin games and get ppl angry and frustrated.

- some noobs stop it after u tell them to - others think it's "fun" and part of the game.. (bla, bla, bla - u all know the position on this topic)
  -> my suggestion - warn once - stil saccing ppl - move to spec - rejoin and continue saccing - kick

well - just some thoughts

and btw DJ - i haven't said THX  Afro  yet for all the time and work u invest in this server

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 01:11:26 pm »

Nice ideas mate i'll change the rules a little to take account of your ideas. More post like hell's would be nice!
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 03:06:36 pm »

this isnt a rule but id like the server to have it so that if you do resign from comm the team cant get buffs or gold, like the good ol days Smiley
Deimos
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 03:12:05 pm »

Buffs fair enough Matt.... but no gold!?!?! Shocked
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2006, 05:12:47 pm »

it makes for better communication between field players and the comms
OzzO
Shag Pwnerer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 05:20:09 pm »

i think  its only good for the private server, not the public one

gr. OzzO

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 05:45:30 pm »

It would stop alot of money stealing but its hardcoded into sep  Cry sry

BTW hell: concede vote won't be on, i cant block world votes for when a match has started its hard coded in and sacing units is just laim like bali whoring but we have to learn to cope mate.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 06:09:59 pm by DJ » Logged
Dr.Fish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 10:11:32 am »

sacing is part of the game there are ways to avoid it, bail/summ whoreing is harder to avoid imo but still part of the game,
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 12:14:15 pm »

it just depends on what map your on, let someone try to sac people all game on a map like alpenglow, no gold = you gotta kill normally, smae with siege
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: