Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 19, 2019, 04:59:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189809 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18369 Members
Latest Member: hrjfimmdz
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  [OLD] Refs & Rules!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [OLD] Refs & Rules!  (Read 34593 times)
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 01:18:13 pm »

well - i guess the whole topic of whoring (sac / siege / coil / etc.) is a thing for itself and there will allways be diffrent opinions about it. I was just having the idea of a "gentlemen-agreement" - a bit like not researching mmbow / lightning in most games... but anyways - that is a topic for itself and shouldn't be discussed here.

i just wanted to give ideas on what could be done / how things can be handled that aren't working that well on other servers with certain players.

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. Friedrich Nietzsche
Belief in the supernatural reflects a failure of the imagination. Edward Abbey
Laughing scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 02:36:27 pm »

dont give tanks ref !
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2006, 04:54:45 pm »

Any1 got any thoughts on baning racists on site forever?
Laughing scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2006, 05:09:44 pm »

Any1 got any thoughts on baning racists on site forever?

depends on the level of racism, a full frontal attack on a race deserves no leniency but a stray comment that has rubbed someone up the wrong way probably isnt as bad.
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2006, 06:21:19 pm »

dont give tanks ref !

Huh - what about giving some reasons? just a little thought...

imo - when ppl start with racist coments / votes - the other ppl online mute or kick them (or have a ref do it). if they do it again later the dy / any other day  - then a ban for a while should teach them a lesson.

xzor
The Phalanx
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2006, 08:19:04 pm »

call me a wanker, but some of the anti french shit is darn funny  Cheesy

neway i think they shouldnt be treated in another way than spammers / exploiters whatsoever, u give em a warning, if they dont obey u simply mute / kick
Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2006, 08:30:57 pm »

yeh lets give them warnings then Smiley
tanks
Retired

Abandoned By Shamoke

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2006, 09:32:44 pm »

People being racist on perpose is just attention seeking. Mute em imo. Btw the french arn't a race so it doesn't count as racism Smiley

'Its Not about dieing for your country...Its about makeing the other basterd die for his.'
Shamoke
Lord Of The Frogs

Left Tanks in a wood box

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2006, 02:49:03 am »

Yeah, we french aren't a race; we came from an other Super advanced Planet called Alpha Frog X100, centuries ago... We teached you, humans, how to hunt, fish, survive against predators, scavengers, King Kong & such. Whatever.

Some racists comments might be funnay and I don't mind jokz about us, Teh Uber Frenchy, for example. The problem is that some
people might actually take the jokes a little too far. When you get one guy who just says 'do you know how jewish are eating   Grin?' and an other who responds ' Jews are little fuckers and should be killed', you know there is something wrong.

You can joke about everything, but not with everyone; and if you pay attention, you will quickly see that some might be real racists undercover.

1 warning is enuff. Myself, I won't hesitate to kick people for (real) racists comments, or (real) obscens comments.
Deimos
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2006, 12:35:36 pm »

lol reminds me of family guy:

'The gays are a very clean people ever since they came over here from France.'
Baki-PL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2006, 01:09:31 pm »

ehum mox isnt from warrior  Tongue althought thx dj for making me ref & i think the other warrior should be mephala or badboy, & mox should have ref as well (his not from any clan right now i think)

about the bali & other stuff, this is my idea but i dont think it will work but always u can use it somehow   Afro

if u get bali hited u teleport to the loadout with all gold & stuff (& no death & no kill on the other sdie as well) this would be used to balista, elec, summ, sac instant death - IMO that would make the game more playable to more players who whine about it
i dont have a biger problem with that, but many players do have

Django
Administrator
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2006, 04:25:58 pm »

Ozzo is a noob i put mox in demo first time round :S. BTW mate i added badboy to the refs list. Thanks for your post baki cya when the server is up!

NOTES ON RACISM:

I think the best idea is to have no racist comments on this forum or in game even if they are friendly or a joke. As shamoke says some people go to far. Sorry but its the only way i can think of preventing it. I like the idea on one warning and then kick but we'll leave that up to the refs depending on what the comment is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 04:35:02 pm by DJ » Logged
hell'
#*~"[?|
Super Hero Member

God is an urban myth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2006, 05:32:12 pm »

NOTES ON RACISM:

I think the best idea is to have no racist comments on this forum or in game even if they are friendly or a joke. As shamoke says some people go to far. Sorry but its the only way i can think of preventing it. I like the idea on one warning and then kick but we'll leave that up to the refs depending on what the comment is.

Smiley Amen  Afro

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2006, 06:57:14 pm »

if u get bali hited u teleport to the loadout with all gold & stuff (& no death & no kill on the other sdie as well) this would be used to balista, elec, summ, sac instant death - IMO that would make the game more playable to more players who whine about it
i dont have a biger problem with that, but many players do have

then you should just ignore those kind of people.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Vinther
I got a Medal!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 07:46:34 pm »

mmm I still think you should make a (if possible comm pass) know it's hard work etc, but Im so fking tired of nub comms who ruins games.. I say balli whorring should be kickable same for summ whorring (hint hint Undertaker Wink) and no, I dont talk bout 1 or 2 or 3 kills with siege, I talk about constantly siege whorring going after units alone..same goes for constantly 1 vs 1 sacccing..

tip: dont gimme ref, else 50 % of you would be kicked Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: