Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2019, 04:20:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189879 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18418 Members
Latest Member: jo40_km
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Archive
| |-+  Server Forum
| | |-+  Ref Abuse topic - Fable
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ref Abuse topic - Fable  (Read 21906 times)
Dragnarr

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:55:32 pm »

I would like to complain about Fable

Reason being, Fable abused his ref status at approx. 9:30 pm, 8th of May 2007. [Edited in right date]

The referee's reason for his actions were: "Why not kick him, I don't need him to play"

Short Description:
Someone in the game yelled "ref abuse" when switching a map. Where Sesse replied something along the lines "Shush or I abuse your mom", which resulted in Fable kickin him off the server. Asking why he probably thought it was ment for him, even if it were for some reason, I still fail to see the reason for the kick. After that I did a msg vote "Fuck you Fable" which resulted me getting muted. After reconnecting, I queried why the mute and why Sesse was kicked, his reply was something along "Why not kick?"... which resulted me calling a kick vote on Fable since obviously I don't really need him to play the game either. Vote was stopped and I got a refkick.

Hope you enjoy your servers so you can feel superior to others if not in game, then atleast by doing something like this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:18:28 pm by Dragnarr » Logged
CarniWhore
Newerth Donator

chown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:14:21 pm »

So this is happening tomorrow at 9:30pm, can't wait...

Fable
Posted the 5000th reply!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 10:27:12 pm »

On that last the vote wasent stopped it just didnt pass .
On that i kicked you just for you reconnecting after mute (read the rules) you get kicked.
And just dont bother me with insults and shit i just dont need that shit, and a kick does help.

URL=http://www.newerth.com/sm/20588][/URL]
Nymph
Viking.

Cheese.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 10:30:49 pm »

Worst complaint in a while  Tongue

SGT.snake
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 10:36:11 pm »

Worst complaint in a while  Tongue
SirEdb
Official against E-)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 10:40:02 pm »

Worst bunch of comments I have seen in a while. Since when do you get kicked for saying: abuse your mom? If this is such a bad complaint then please ellaborate on the kick Sgt / Nymph / Fable, because according to ref rules he should have been muted instead. However, if you'd use your sense you'd see that even a mute is bullcrap, like you've never made a bit of an edgy joke, big deal?

Fable, was he bothering YOU with insults? Oh wait, he wasn't. I fail to see the point of you kicking him.

-edit: typo galore.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:42:19 pm by edb » Logged

Fable
Posted the 5000th reply!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 10:45:30 pm »

I just dont like that kind of jokes so he goes Cheesy

URL=http://www.newerth.com/sm/20588][/URL]
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 11:17:40 pm »

if something bad happens keep your mouth shut and post in forum and leave it at that, no need to msg vote that or your just asking for trouble lol
KuJa

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 01:09:20 am »

hmm.. still..
being objective:

the kick vote wasn't needed.. it's not up to a ref that if he doesn't like a joke, that he is entitled to 'abuse' his ref status. and afterwards refer to a rule, which he relys on for acting that way.

edit: just looking at it from a distance

Sheeproth
EvO's Mapper!
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 03:05:15 am »

Since when do you get kicked for saying: abuse your mom?

why talk about peoples mum's its completely disrespectful and out of order ..... if you get pissed with someone then say something about them not someone you know f*** all about and have no concern to the situation

i dont agree of kick but neither do i disagree .... a ref gets to decide on the severity of his/her actions to the infringements to the server rules at the time it is done.  Huh

Takz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 07:24:29 am »

"Referees always have to warn players before taking action. Exceptions are massive spamming or actions that cannot be prevented from happening if action is not immediately taken (IMPORTANT!)."

fable had no right to kick sesse just like that.

Domine, libera nos a furore normannorum
Sed praesepe, Domine, a humore eorum
-Storm of Vengeance-
Sesse

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 08:09:29 am »

I just registered to tell the story from my point of view.
I haven't stayed in server long enough to bear witness to what happened to Dragnarr but let me at least try to clarify what happened to me.  After a game, tuskanflats came up, and a ref didn't like it so he nextmapped it. Then Dragonath as a joke said "Ref Abusee!!" and I said "Shhh I will abuse your mom Cheesy" which resulted in a kick, which seems to be an abuse because the rules clearly state that, if a player insults another, he should be muted first, and before refs take any action, they should warn the player but I didn't observe Fable following any of these proper procedures, which made me think he was a kiddy who likes to play with his powers. Later I talked to him and asked why he did that and he said "I come here to have fun, and if any1 annoys me I kick" or something along those sides. While I agree that refs are there to ensure our experience in savage is a pleasant one, his kick was uncalled for, he made a decision on his own, without even knowing if the other party was insulted, since my statement was clearly a joke. Making decisions for other people makes him more of a tyrant rather than a mighty bringer of justice and protector of innocent. <-- lawl

i dont agree of kick but neither do i disagree .... a ref gets to decide on the severity of his/her actions to the infringements to the server rules at the time it is done.  Huh
If refs get to decide on an appropriate punishment on the spot for whatever the offensive action might have been, say so in your bloody universally must be obeyed rules please. If you are not gonna obey your own rules, why make them in the first place?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:14:55 am by Sesse » Logged

Signatures are stupid - bite me
Mr_Matt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 08:20:31 am »

you only gotta warn newbie players that you never see.

regulars know the rules and if they are being an ass mute striaght away or whatever,
e.g doom spams i just mute, no need to warn him everyday
Sesse

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 08:25:35 am »

The rules don't explicitly state that only newbies will be warned. And also I can't be considered a regular, I usually play in US servers and occasionally join EU servers, and since this hasn't happened to me before I wouldn't know about it.

Signatures are stupid - bite me
AloN
Infinite Tranquility.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 08:38:34 am »

lol @ the bananas, yeah offtopic but don't mind me I'm just walking by.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: