Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 28, 2020, 04:52:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190053 Posts in 11007 Topics by 18542 Members
Latest Member: bennevisderking
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  my last fight
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my last fight  (Read 80 times)
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2020, 08:32:11 am »

My fight is not what you think.
If I can in one sentence explain my fight. It is to make the webmaster and programmers understand to make buildings and slaves indestructible
A) during the first 8 minutes of the game,
with possibly,
B) an cancellation or extension of this immunity by vote by the commanders ONLY.

It is urgent to restore his serenity to Savage by allowing novices to integrate the intricacies of this game, and to allow young commanders to build their base in peace if they wish.

As you can see, my fight is to save Savage. This does not exclude some exceptions, especially on certain specific maps.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 10:48:10 am by phoenix-3000 » Logged

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 08:31:38 pm »

You scared me there for a second.

Necrophiliac
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 08:46:30 pm »

Totally agree. These 5-10 minute matches kill the server super quick, and that's about 90% of matches now. Spend 5 minutes getting a commander for the game to be over in the next 5 minutes. Think nobody wants to fix though <3

mutan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 09:59:25 am »

Let's be honest, those are beasts rushing to kill humans fast, only. What if Tier 1 weapons do almost none dmg to buildings? I hardly ever seen demo rush and never seen humans rush with their Tier 1 weapons like beasts do. Also reserch time for Sac item could vary.
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 03:01:18 pm »

Hi Mutan Nice to see you in this thread.
I agree with you, but that shouldn't stop us from improving our game.
Beasts and Humans are the same people. For me, this is a huge Savage weakness, which our very nature causes us to systematically EXPLOIT.
One thing to emphasize, however, is that what makes Savage so beautiful is that the bases can vary endlessly (humm!). It would still be necessary to give time to the Commanders, especially the youngest, to build them in peace.
hence the advantage of my previous proposal. which would considerably widen the field of players more interested in games of 20 to 50 minutes than stupid sackings of less than 5 minutes.

At a certain time, I had remained in contact with many players The diagnosis was invariably the same: all more or less, could not support the "atmosphere of the game" so much at the level of the rude behavior of certain players (some of them are still present) than in their way of using Savage (sacking, etc.).
I had offered solutions (I think they are still live here), but I was not heard.
Today I will be satisfied with only one: The one I gave above, otherwise Savage will disappear with us, the elders, for lack of new blood.

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: