Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 29, 2020, 01:53:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190053 Posts in 11007 Topics by 18542 Members
Latest Member: bennevisderking
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Idea of Update and Helping
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Idea of Update and Helping  (Read 223 times)
^.#Tasty
Doomed Noob
Clan Representative

View Profile WWW
« on: August 27, 2020, 09:19:41 am »

Hey Guys,

its always nice to see that ppl still have passion for this game and invest time to keep it alive.

But somehow i feel like its hard to still have an overview of who is working on savage forums/pages.

The point is, i would like to help, but dunno how, even i have 0 talents.

My wish would be to update the Stafflist, so ppl can contact the staffmembers and offer their help.

Also i think we could add new Staffmembers, not sure if the current are all active, also we maybe need someone for social media. (instagram/twitch/youtube/twitter).
important, even if we update the Staff, dont forget to honor the ppl, that did a lot for savage.

pls update thinks like Staff, so ppl can offer help and know who to contact.

All i wrote here is just an idea, but i think it could work, if the active ppl grab hands and work together.

Tasty

APirateHat
XR Advertiser

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:26:08 pm »

I still have the @SavageXR twitter account available but I haven't really had the time or energy to put the care into updating it. So that is one of the parts where anyone willing can help out.

^.#Tasty
Doomed Noob
Clan Representative

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 05:10:00 pm »

Give it to me, i will take care of it, and be active.

Tjens
I make maps and stuff
XR Map Administrator
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 11:40:02 pm »

I'm sort of an admin and I'm active at this time of writing!

Nobody goes to the ol' forums anymore, everybody looks at the chat in Shagroth's streams!
(or the discord ofcourse: discord savage xr)

There is nobody active on the moderator side of social media right now, so I guess that task could be fulfilled. I've relegated myself to being this crazy mapmaker who's only real task it is make crazy maps, but I could stitch up another patch notes video for youtube! lol

« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 11:46:45 pm by Tjens » Logged

Necrophiliac
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:43:21 am »

Instagram - We don't have one. Would be nice to have one to upload recent photos of decent games whilst also uploading some old ones for nostalgia feel. Big problem is that most savage players are old fucks and probably don't have an insta Smiley

Twitch - Seems like there is already an account named SavageXR, but personally I don't see the need for it seeing as there are too few players left to do tournaments anymore. Shag, Noxx and Tjens have been streaming on their personal channels if anyone is interested.

Facebook - Personally, I would put out a post every 2-4 months of important recent changes made to the server/game. Definitely wouldn't want to spam people's feed with useless shit every day. I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a post about the Discord yet.. which is pretty important in my opinion.

Twitter - Not really needed as not many followers on twitter, but it could be used for monthly updates.

YouTube - No tournaments or videos have been made so not really needed, but having an active player who could upload would be nice.

Problem is getting someone who consistently plays and is willing to update all that shit and wont just leave after a week. People come back for a month and then leave again to never return Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: