Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2019, 02:16:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189833 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18305 Members
Latest Member: ertre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Announcements
| |-+  Main Page News
| | |-+  No troll patch for you!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No troll patch for you!  (Read 922 times)
drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 12:23:48 am »

But tell me this: Why would anyone spend the time working on horrendously old and messy tech to bring in further improvements to a game that nearly no one wants to play anymore?
Good question.
Nobody is being forced to develop this game anymore. If "abstract you" are not interested to develop - don't do it and that's it. The back side of this question that nobody else who could help can gain an access because most of you would say "no".

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 12:54:20 am »

Well that's it right there - the catch (with further support from the team).

Anyone can do anything except it will be met with our authoritative wall
I don't think you actually know what "support" means.
Here you go:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/support

There is in fact many 3d problems with the game that I'm sure your 3d artist can handle, but like I said (priorities).
Just like the coders, the artists are done working on Savage as well.

And saying XR coders have access to the source is like saying "oh it's open source (to me alone) but if you're an xr coder (which only I am) then it's truly open (insert sarcastic smiley)"
The last time it was open source (or leaked), the playerbase was more interested in making hacks and gaining advantages over one another than actually improving the game. And we have many XR Coders, so you'll notice none of them actually want to work on Savage anymore. The only people interested in the source, are people that want an advantage out of it. So, indeed, we will say no to those people.

Now there's probably a better area to discuss this, but when you look at the front page of newerth and this topic "no troll patch for you" it's a very tastless ugly topic to have pinned, and just makes me feel the development situation is sour/dire and self destructive. All the more reason to relinquish the project to other willing participants.
Cheap attempt to back out of a losing battle.
There is no development; the game is old, move on.
But the truth is, Savage Rebirth (heavily based on old XR) source is open and anyone could continue development on that and take over Savage instead of trolling forums. I've been told Rebirth is way better than XR, so it would make sense using that codebase instead. Why isn't anyone? Because, as I can repeat for your ignorant self, the only people interested want to gain advantages by coding hacks, not actually improve the game.

You somehow seem surprised that there is an April Fools patch with pointless temporary April Fools content.
I can't help you with that one; you're just whining for the sake of whining.
But here you go:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fools%27_Day

Nobody is being forced to develop this game anymore. If "abstract you" are not interested to develop - don't do it and that's it. The back side of this question that nobody else who could help can gain an access because most of you would say "no".
Are you actually drk? Because you're saying some really stupid things. And drk is not this stupid.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: