Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 12, 2019, 09:34:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189887 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18429 Members
Latest Member: sajjkk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Newerth Duel Competition (NDC)
| | |-+  Duel Competition Information Season VII
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duel Competition Information Season VII  (Read 3781 times)
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2019, 06:49:39 pm »

Welcome to the Seventh EU Duel Competition! The tournament structure shall be a group stage tournament which ends with a single elimination. This is a human versus beast tournament only.
Go Here to Sign up and compete.

Current phase: Finals

Signing up to the Duel Competition: Anyone who wants to play, can sign up until 24th March 20GMT. All you need to do is go to the Sign up Topic thread, and sign up with a valid Nickname. This Nickname will be the one you have to fight with. Once you have signed up you are able to leave us any time if you have to (all previous stats however, will be wiped clean).

Agreeing on a time and date: The Competition Admin will post the group stage match ups as the sign up have been completed. As soon as the Match-Ups are online you have until the 7th April 14 GMT (16CEST) to play and report the result. Its up to the participants to organize their match. The Finals will take place on the 7th April 17GMT (19CEST)

Server to duel: We want you to use this server only: Duel Competition. Password: duels
Please note in the event of the server being down, contact Feathers or Groentjuh.

Playing the Duels: Tier 3 Units only! Every Player plays 20 Duels with each race. Players shall use the main duel area to play their duels.

The players client must be XR 1.4 [if changes feel weird make sure you go into you options and transfer duel senses and remember to change your preferred fps.host_maxfps 999(Replace 999 with a different number if you want a limited amount.)]

Scheduling
If 2 players do not schedule at all both players lose automatically. And takes 40 to their death tally.
If both players schedule but can't come to a conclusion on when they will play, then they must play 7th April at 15GMT (17CEST) with me present, before the final competition takes place.
If a player attempts to schedule and gets no response after the upcoming fixture, the player that doesn't attempt to schedule gets an instant lose, while the other gets an instant win (the loser takes 40 deaths).
To enter the final competition you must have completed all allocated duels in your group.

Submitting the results: Post in your allocated group thread.

Disputes: Disputes are sorted out by the Admin only, which is me (I'm not participating in the tourney). I suggest that you demo-record/screenshot your duels and results. Post the dispute here

Hacking: Absolutely no cheating. No tolerance against Cheaters. If you cheat you are disqualified. This also includes using referee powers, for example: Chiprel someone in a duel. For further information check out the cheats and hacking thread.

Forfeiting in Duel: Participant wins that singular duel.

Tournament Structure: Group Stages which ends in a Single Elimination. Win: 3 points, Draw: 1 point, Lose: 0 points. I will use a RNG to place participants in two or four groups, as evenly as possible. Top two of each four groups or top four of each two groups will go into a Final Single Elimination Style Tourney.
How people get placed into groups is dependant on how many people sign up.
-During the finals; if a player has failed to turn up, then the person below him in the group stages can take his place i.e. 2nd placed person doesn't show, the 3rd placed person takes part(if he's available).

In Case of a Tie: You must play an extra 5 duels per race, straight after the original match was played. If a tie continues, repeat the 5 extra duels again and again until a winner emerges. (This is only relevant in the Single Elimination part which happens after the group stages, do not have a tie breaker during the group stages).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 03:31:39 pm by Feathers » Logged
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 06:49:59 pm »

Post reserved
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 04:38:25 pm »

The duel comp arena has been rebooted. Please continue to use it.

If you are having a problem please notify me here. Also please post a demo of you playing on the server when you are having the problems with a time stamp.
snle anml

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 06:32:49 pm »

Hey Feathers. The Duel Comp server is bugged as hell mate. I tried duelling Jegenrapo there and the animation is still really off.
Saurus and watford were there, they saw it too.
So yeah, Jegenrapo and I dueled on the Martial Arts server.
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 10:51:11 pm »

That's ok, do you have a demo of you playing on the server?
Enliven
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2019, 11:39:30 pm »

after ppl get tired of bouncing i might have something sweet to show

Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 06:18:22 pm »

Outstanding duels

Group A
Bobbe v Zackorrigan
Bobbe v raju
Bobbe v achiles
Bobbe v KOT
Zackorrigan v KOT
Zackorrigan v achiles
Zackorrigan v ghitler
Zackorrigan v raju
KOT v achiles
KOT v ghitler
KOT v raju

Group B
Rumo v Saurus
Rumo v Watford
Rumo v un
Rumo v indy
Rumo v Tester
Watford v un
Watford v Saurus
Watford v Tester

Group C
Seghi v Blade
Seghi v Nestor
Seghi v itry0ne
Seghi v Luna
itry0ne v Blade
itry0ne v Nestor
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 05:38:30 pm »

The server will now be the Martial Arts one
Feathers
beep
NDC Organizer
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 07:23:57 pm »

Thank you to everyone who played/helped/spectated on the day!

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »

Streamed the event.

https://youtu.be/q71yZmbnvfI

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: