Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2019, 09:27:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189514 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18183 Members
Latest Member: Sauk
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  newerth.com stat panel improvement
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: newerth.com stat panel improvement  (Read 201 times)
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2018, 02:26:09 pm »

Simple suggestion to improve the stat panel on newerth.com (and possibly in-game aswell):

Add a new stat variable in the stat panel: Average gold-usage per life.

No need to change anything backend in the database. Simply divide goldspent on times killed.

I find this stat to be related to player skill and would be quite useful to see.

edit: money earned per life would also be really interesting! In theory, one could even calculate money earned on average per kill aswell (but it wont tell you anything about the players skill due to savage's lottery loot system on enemy kill)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:28:45 pm by Bullet » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 04:42:10 pm »

I suppose gold-usage-per-life would be nice to see.

edit: money earned per life would also be really interesting! In theory, one could even calculate money earned on average per kill aswell (but it wont tell you anything about the players skill due to savage's lottery loot system on enemy kill)
This would be less useful since killing creeps (like monkits) increases your gold without any actual danger/fighting.
So to boost that stat, you just need to spend time killing creeps each life, which goes against it being useful to determine skill.
There already is a "NPC kills" stat to determine team-helping value (together with resources mined).
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:28:30 am »

I also believe that stat-tracking individual win-rate as beasts and humans could be a useful distinction to show (they are after all, not symmetrical races)

For example one could argue a player with higher win-rate as humans is a better ranged player than melee fighter. 

However this change would require some tweaking in the backend database, and would require tweaking what is sent to the database etc., and I'm not sure its worth it.

C.I.A.
XR Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 06:32:29 pm »

Would love to know how many times I've been killed by a buffed player!
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 11:21:53 am »

Would love to know how many times I've been killed by a buffed player!
99.9%

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: