Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2021, 06:34:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190122 Posts in 11015 Topics by 18626 Members
Latest Member: RabbitWhite
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  For our Savage Gods. Pour nos Dieux Endormis
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For our Savage Gods. Pour nos Dieux Endormis  (Read 2518 times)
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:21:43 am »

For our Savage Gods. Pour nos Dieux

If you want to keep Savage alive, you have to:

in absolute PRIORITY: to improve the comfort and the pleasure of the commanders:

A) during the first 8 minutes of the game, eliminating the risk of rapid attacks
  • 1) weakening the forces of enemy attacks
    2) removing the constructions of the first level sieges (ballistas, summoners)
    3) creating free workers when they are killed (with their usual training time, so that their assassination is not totally useless for the enemies)

B) during the first 20 minutes of the game
  • 1) removing the constructions of the second level sieges(Catapult,Behemoth)
in the second PRIORITY: improve the comfort and the pleasure of the players:

C) during the entire game : introducing the notion of lightness
  • 1) a nomad must be able to go faster than a legionnaire
    2) a legionnaire with no items must go faster than a legionnaire armed to the teeth

Si on veut conserver Savage en vie, il faut :

en PRIORITE absolue :  améliorer le confort et le plaisir des commandants:

A) pendant les 8 premières minutes du jeu:  en éliminant les risques d'attaques rapides

• 1) en affaiblissant les forces des attaques des ennemis
    2) en supprimant la constructions des sièges du premier niveau
    3) en créant gratuitement des workers lorsqu'ils sont tués (avec leur habituelle temps de formation, pour que leur assassinat ne soit pas totalement inutile pour les enemis)

B) pendant les 20  premières minutes du jeu
  • 1) en supprimant la constructions des sièges du second niveau

en seconde PRIORITE : améliorer le confort et le plaisir des joueurs:

C) pendant la totalité du jeu: en  introduisant la notion de légèreté :

• 1)  un nomade doit pouvoir aller plus vite qu'un légionnaire.
    2) un légionnaire ne possédant pas d'items doit aller plus vite qu'un légionnaire armé jusqu'aux dents
[/list]

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:24:44 pm »

A) during the first 8 minutes of the game, eliminating the risk of rapid attacks
  • 1) weakening the forces of enemy attacks
    2) removing the constructions of the first level sieges (ballistas, summoners)
    3) creating free workers when they are killed (with their usual training time, so that their assassination is not totally useless for the enemies)

B) during the first 20 minutes of the game
  • 1) removing the constructions of the second level sieges(Catapult,Behemoth)
This would make the game turn into more of a deathmatch than a base destruction game.
There are other maps and modes tailored towards this sort of gameplay.
And there are even mapping and server setting options to turn off building damage (or command center damage) entirely.
But it would no longer be a Savage match.

C) during the entire game : introducing the notion of lightness
  • 1) a nomad must be able to go faster than a legionnaire
    2) a legionnaire with no items must go faster than a legionnaire armed to the teeth
This would thoroughly mess with the balance and gameplay of combat, especially melee and the distances for ranged weaponry.
This has a high chance of ruining Savage for no good reason.
Instead, try playing on SMALL maps if you don't want to travel distances.
phoenix-3000

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:41:09 am »

Thank you Hakugei, always take the trouble to answer me.

I do not disagree. But in my opinion we should not hope on server managers to adapt Savage and find a solution.

The developers of this game must force the solutions allowing the rescue of this game:
In particular, they must IMPOSE improvements that prevent each and (almost) ALL game from ending too quickly (my statistically verified choice at the border at the 8th minute) and restore confidence to the commanders.

Otherwise we will lose the last good commanders, who at present, often have no choice to chain attacks in the first 2 or 3 minutes to get a victory.
Instead try to  develop a strategy that would make Savage more attractive, which would probably help to stop the flight of players .

If I insist particularly on this need to improve the comfort and the pleasure of playing the commanders who are the cornerstone of this game, it is that I realize that the developers of this game (sorry), lose too much time on improvements TOTALLY useless, instead of try to tackle the real problems of substance ...

I would like to be heard, otherwise even I will be forced to leave this game. Probably this post will be the last I put in www.newerth.com, if I see no real change

The spirit of the law is more important than the letter of the law.
L'esprit de la loi, est plus important que la lettre de la loi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: