Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2020, 03:57:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190053 Posts in 11007 Topics by 18543 Members
Latest Member: kevin5698
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Re-balancing Suggestions
| | |-+  Suggestions
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 6782 times)
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2017, 09:11:43 am »

Some commander suggestions:
* Setting up custom taxes on different players.
* Having the request authorizations persist after the commander spawns (if even possible?).

Misc suggestions:
Banning Australia from playing and fixing this glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

P.S: I messaged Groentjuh and figured i'd do it here as well: Some download links are broken and need to be fixed from newerth.com and savagexr.com

Afro
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:58:31 am by Daemon » Logged

Groentjuh
Newerth Serveradmin, German Mirror and Webdeveloper
Administrator
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:54:48 am »

I messaged Groentjuh and figured i'd do it here as well: Some download links are broken and need to be fixed from newerth.com and savagexr.com
Both German and UK mirrors do function for me. So I wonder what actually happens. Do you have to issue yourself as well?

Before adding any of my IMs, ask yourself: Can I ask it in a PM?
Before sending me a PM with questions, Search the forums!
Wanna be ref? Post on my Server Forum
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 04:19:30 pm »

Possible, just not sure it's worth it. I may need a bit more convincing - what important applications does this have for current Savage? (I'm too inactive to know.)
* Having the request authorizations persist after the commander spawns (if even possible?).
You mean auto on/off settings? It's intentionally set to be this way, though.
But it is possible, of course, to change that according to what is preferred nowadays.

Why fix what's already perfect?
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 02:36:23 pm »

Both German and UK mirrors do function for me. So I wonder what actually happens. Do you have to issue yourself as well?

I think it's not that the actual links are broken, it's that the install file is. I recruited 3 players in the past 2 weeks or so and they all had issues getting to even play the game. The german one turned out to be the one I recommended as it works fine, the other ones (I haven't tested, but I know at least the US files are broken) don't. You end up downloading the file but can't install the game, might have to reupload the files... Broaden that to players that have never heard of Savage and randomly found it, they'd probably give up quickly on the game. I could test the files for you but I would just reupload everything, it's simpler and hopefully shouldn't take too long, might have to contact JmZ, which I will do  Afro

Possible, just not sure it's worth it. I may need a bit more convincing - what important applications does this have for current Savage? (I'm too inactive to know.)

Well, I was building a human base on an empty server and had that idea. Monkits give $1000, with 30% tax, $700, with 100%, $500. Mixing and matching between stronger and weaker players instead of everyone at once could end up being more economically viable, but it needs testing (I've been playing with 60% tax, coming up at $400 for the team and $600 for yourself if I'm not mistaken). I'm not sure if taxing the good players or the weak players more would yield better results but it would interesting to see, Savage, the Sim City simulator lol. Just a thought but honestly I think it could be neat, or totally useless.

You mean auto on/off settings? It's intentionally set to be this way, though.
But it is possible, of course, to change that according to what is preferred nowadays.

Basically 5 criteria (Hopefully I covered them all):
*Buffs on officers/on/off
*Gold on officers/on/off
*Gold reserve
*Tax
*Individual player bans (pressing / and not allowing them to request gold or buffs)

- Mainly would want it for the latter, as a lot of times you're constricted to your seat as a commander just so that chuvi or the like don't waste all of your teams' buffs. Another example would be the commander setting up a reserve to get a tower or upgrade one, telling his team to farm monkits, everyone ignoring him and having to do it himself, while being stuck on 0 gold as everything he gets disappears into thin air. Being able to defend as a commander without having to worry about people wasting the buffs or gold would be great.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:39:50 pm by eLeMenT » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 01:16:24 am »

Mixing and matching between stronger and weaker players instead of everyone at once could end up being more economically viable [...] I'm not sure if taxing the good players or the weak players more would yield better results [...]
I'll consider it; there is some use to it and even if no one uses it, it simply won't affect anyone.

[...] as a lot of times you're constricted to your seat as a commander just so that chuvi or the like don't waste all of your teams' buffs. Another example would be the commander setting up a reserve to get a tower or upgrade one, telling his team to farm monkits, everyone ignoring him and having to do it himself, while being stuck on 0 gold as everything he gets disappears into thin air. Being able to defend as a commander without having to worry about people wasting the buffs or gold would be great.
Changing the defaults would be quick and simple, but I won't be touching this from just a single request as others might want it differently.
If a group of players (especially active commanders) can agree on which new defaults they'd like to have, I'll make the edit patch.
These are the current defaults:
Code:
team->AutoOn = 1;
team->AutoMoneyOn = 0;
team->AutoBuffsOn = sv_noCommanderBuffs.integer;
team->AutoBuildingsOn = -1;
team->AutoResearchOn = -1;
team->AutoItemsOn = 1;
team->AutoOfficersOn = 0;
team->AutoUnitsOn = 1;
team->AutoSiegeOn = 1;
team->AutoWeaponsOn = 1;
team->AutoGoldReserve = 0;
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 02:12:25 am »

Not sure we're on the same page or I'm misinterpreting your post...

I'm talking about a situation where you set custom parameters in game, i.e: buffs on officers only or denying a specific player's requests. When you spawn, it goes back to default value until you go back to your seat. I'm talking about that resetting while you're not in the commander seat.

More detailed examples:

-----------------------

* You set money reserve to 4500 as commander
* You spawn
* While spawned, your team money plummets to 12
* You go back to the comm seat
* Money reserve back in effect (although I think the money reserve is glitched anyway and you have to deactivate it and reactivate it for it to function)

-----------------------

* You set requests off on Initial or Djinghis, who is trolling your team by wasting gold and running scripts
* You spawn
* While spawned, his requests are back on
* He wastes a lot of gold
* You go back to comm seat
* His requests are still on and you have to manually put his requests back off

-----------------------

This last example needs to be fixed ASAP and everyone would agree!

On a side note, team->AutoMoneyOn = 1 and the equivalent for buffs wouldn't be so bad for people with new clients (if I'm understanding what these do correctly).

Also, I'm one of the very very few active commanders Tongue
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 02:24:29 am by eLeMenT » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 02:42:32 am »

Yes, when a commander resigns, the request settings are reset to default, which is that code part.
But let me translate the code for everyone:
Auto-request (overall) is turned on.
Money-request is turned off.
Auto-buffs is set to the server cvar (usually on).
Building and research requests are turned off.
Requests for items, weapons, units, and siege are turned on.
Promote requests are turned off.
Gold reserve is set to 0, meaning none.
And (which I didn't quote), players that were set to auto-deny requests are reset back to accept.

If these defaults are to be changed, I need a group of people to agree upon what they want and back the support for it, because this is not a new feature, but changing an existing commander element. Afro
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 04:39:59 am »

Yeah but it's not the defaults I'm hoping to be changed, it's the fact that they reset to default after the commander spawns...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 04:41:45 am by eLeMenT » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 10:39:25 am »

I know the solution - stop spawning as commander. It's not what you're supposed to anyway. Tongue

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 12:45:04 pm »

Yeah but it's not the defaults I'm hoping to be changed, it's the fact that they reset to default after the commander spawns...
That in and of itself is also a change of the (default) settings. :p
Just as simple for me to do, and  the same requirements apply.
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 02:24:59 pm »

I know the solution - stop spawning as commander. It's not what you're supposed to anyway. Tongue

That's what a good comm does, you should know a lot about the subject... NO WAIT! You never command, are German, and think everyone else has that kind of efficiency  Grin  For real though, spawning as comm is vital, and any commander would agree with me about this subject. It's also especially frustrating when you have trolls (or simply terrible players) and need to manage buffs / the economy.

EnglishSlug

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 02:37:34 pm »

definitely agree with stopping default reset when you resign and re-enter comm seat

e.g.

turn off gold for annoying person spawning siege and ejecting each time - resign - gold goes to zero because its reset requests
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2017, 08:12:57 pm »

Player-specific tithe is coded and uploaded, both client and server code - requires GUI (which there is no one active around to do so) to be user-friendly, else you'll be stuck with using chat/console commands.
With or without GUI, this is ready for the next patch.

Commander requests and tithe resets upon resignation have been changed to only reset when a new commander takes over.
While "ready" (I worked ahead), will ultimately be added to the next patch once more support for this change is garnered. (2 comms so far.)

The next patch was supposed to happen weeks ago, with a lot of server improvements and additions for the Public Community Server, but since that server (including community and management) didn't actually put in the effort to request stuff, this patch (which is entirely finished and ready) has been put on hold until the community actually shows some interest. Afro I'm still waiting.
eLeMenT
Former Staff Member

Hummmmmm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 12:22:04 am »

Player-specific tithe is coded and uploaded, both client and server code - requires GUI (which there is no one active around to do so) to be user-friendly, else you'll be stuck with using chat/console commands.
With or without GUI, this is ready for the next patch.

Commander requests and tithe resets upon resignation have been changed to only reset when a new commander takes over.
While "ready" (I worked ahead), will ultimately be added to the next patch once more support for this change is garnered. (2 comms so far.)

The next patch was supposed to happen weeks ago, with a lot of server improvements and additions for the Public Community Server, but since that server (including community and management) didn't actually put in the effort to request stuff, this patch (which is entirely finished and ready) has been put on hold until the community actually shows some interest. Afro I'm still waiting.

Awesome stuff man! I highly appreciate it!! The problem is, you have to drag people by the balls onto the forums for them to post anything, you have no idea how much I spammed in-game and still got ignored about coming to post here. Most said to me "the changes sound great" in game and didn't write anything here... As far as the first point is concerned (tax) unless more support it, waiting sounds good; the second one though, with the requests, I think you should implement it whether you hear from people or not, I doubt it will be opposed. But again, thanks for everything dude and hoping to see what the new patches (when they come out) bring!

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 12:48:09 am »

Yes, I know getting people to post is difficult.
We've tried for years now and rarely anyone puts in the effort (yet the same people expect us to development stuff constantly for free  Rolleyes).
Hence I appreciate the people that DO post once in a while.  Afro
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: