Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 09, 2019, 04:57:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189886 Posts in 10981 Topics by 18426 Members
Latest Member: fimpaljion
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Do we need another public server?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do we need another public server?  (Read 2282 times)
Crashday
XR Coder

soundcloud.com/bernhardfritz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 06:56:07 pm »

no idea if this is any help to you but you could show information about new votes ingame using this:
http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php/topic,16800.0.html

in theory you could also allow players to vote ingame by exposing a custom python command to do so.
while working on the ref python commands back then i remember me making a mistake which initially allowed everybody (including non-refs) to execute ref commands like /ref python kick.
You could abuse this behavior by simply adding a new ref python command that is available for everybody.

Let's take a look at this snippet taken from xr_setup-1.0x-sv_lin_prod/game/python/savage0.zip/sv_refs.py:
Code:
0: if method.find('kick')!=-1:
1:     if (server.GetClientInfo(index, INFO_REFSTATUS) == 'normal' and int(core.CvarGetValue('sv_ref_allowkick')) > 0) or (server.GetClientInfo(index, INFO_REFSTATUS) == 'god'):
2:         method=method.replace('kick','')
3:         kick(index,str(object))
4:     else:
5:         senddenymessage(index)
If you would remove the if-statement at line 1, then the /ref python kick command would be available for everybody.
In this way you could implement a new vote command that allows players to vote ingame and spare the players the hassle of going to external websites.

drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 11:15:14 pm »

I wrote my own notification for a warmup and a normal game (every 120s and 30m) for every registered client on the python. Still thanks  Afro
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:44:29 pm by drk » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: