Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2021, 07:34:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190122 Posts in 11015 Topics by 18626 Members
Latest Member: RabbitWhite
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  Comm-less Mode Discussion Thread
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Comm-less Mode Discussion Thread  (Read 5473 times)
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 01:12:19 pm »

made one more pvp map, http://www.newerth.com/?id=maps&mid=2818

and started another one, we will have 4 maps.. and maybe more.

just ask..
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 12:47:55 pm »

Excellent! Pvp maps are the ideal choice for comm-less gameplay, especially since they can contain additional scripts to adjust things by time, progress, and events.

With so many new upcoming maps available, I think I'll just remove the comm-less vote and we should encourage players to vote for pvp maps instead. The biggest problem is making it clear to players that these maps exist and would be beneficial to their needs.

On that note, I think I'll disable comm-less vote and instead it'll return a message explaining to vote for one of the many pvp maps instead. I'll also add a short "try out a pvp map" message whenever the "need more comms to start" message appears. Sounds good?
Brad_Troika

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 03:23:28 pm »

Xr_pvp2 is unfortunately almost never played, due to darkness of the map and possibly because of its extremely small size.

I like the idea of putting the maps into that message Clemens, but could you instead create a "/commless" command, that would list the pvp maps, and put the instructions up instead?

As an alternative, could all commless maps have the same tag in the beginning of their names?
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2017, 04:06:38 pm »

I like the idea of putting the maps into that message Clemens, but could you instead create a "/commless" command, that would list the pvp maps, and put the instructions up instead?
I'll only add a tiny message to the vote and "not-enough-comms" events, and a proper informational message in the /commless command.

As an alternative, could all commless maps have the same tag in the beginning of their names?
That would be ideal. Afro
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2017, 04:38:22 pm »

Name_pvp should be. Sounds better.

I will remake xr_pvp2 and rename it.

But won't rename xr_pvp, this should remain like is now. This will be the exception:D

just ask..
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »

We're using prefixes for years now, please do not start with silly suffixes.

samurai_
xr_
ts_
dm_
footy_
race_
pvp_

Marbello
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 09:28:39 am »

• Increase command center (stronghold & lair) health, e.g. tier3 instead of tier1
  • Make tech gradually unlock, instead of all at once
  • Combine with fieldcomm panel to let officers build and research on their own (add a promote vote as well for said officers)
  • As above, but only allow outposts and towers in the fieldcomm panel
  • Spawn some basic buildings around the command centers at match start
  • Disable siege
  • Disable explosive items (e.g. sac, demo)
  • Increase gold/income rate
Or I'll just remove the mode entirely if no one actually wants it. Grin Save myself the trouble.

These are all great suggestions  that Haku accumulated there and I would be very happy to see them ingame!

I just kind of disagree with suggestions concerning the fieldcomm panel. Whats the main purpose of a commless mode? Its not just a new feature mod but its a tool to have match when no one wants to command, when there are not enough players or when there is noone that has the ability to command properly. Field commanders, in my opinion, would defeat that purpose.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:34:42 am by Marbello » Logged

More meaning!
Tjens
I make maps and stuff
Super Hero Member

GIFMEISTER

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 01:54:37 pm »

kLLik has been awesome enough to incorporate most of these suggestions in his maps already!

• Increase command center (stronghold & lair) health, e.g. tier3 instead of tier1
Check!
  • Make tech gradually unlock, instead of all at once
Check!
  • Combine with fieldcomm panel to let officers build and research on their own (add a promote vote as well for said officers)
Like Marbello voiced out just above, cool idea on paper but you might as well get a real comm for all the effort it takes to plop down a few buildings  Tongue
  • As above, but only allow outposts and towers in the fieldcomm panel
This is actually a cool idea, i wonder if it's allot of work.. Clemens?  Rolleyes
  • Spawn some basic buildings around the command centers at match start
Check!
  • Disable siege
Check!
  • Disable explosive items (e.g. sac, demo)
You can't disable siege and anti-building weapons both! It'll take forever!
  • Increase gold/income rate
This is a serverside setting!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:01:44 pm by Tjens » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: