Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2019, 05:31:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189785 Posts in 10994 Topics by 18277 Members
Latest Member: johanno
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Other S2G Games
| |-+  Heroes of Newerth
| | |-+  Ideas and suggestions
| | | |-+  Touhou Savage!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touhou Savage!  (Read 93409 times)
Stolas

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »

TOUHOU

All things require Touhou, if you don't know what it is, then you probably aren't the intended audience of this.

If you DO know what I mean, then YAY! I think that a general conversion of the game into a Touhou type motif would be simply awesome. And entirely plausible/playable. Simply a texture/model change of everything in the game to be Touhou.

What's sad is, I know exactly how much work that would be, and I believe it is entirely plausible, in fact, PROBABLE if enough Touhou fans see this idea. Their fan community is that obsessed, and I love them for it.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:06:34 am »

As you said, it's a lot of work. Smiley Every single unit, building, weapon and item would need to be changed graphically.
On top of that, if this is supposed to be a polished graphical mod, you'll want to adjust all animations to suit the melee, weapon and item timings - which means even more work.

I know Touhou branches out in various directions and has its own fanatics, but for this project to take any foot, you'd need to combine an existing Savage player's love for Savage together with his/her love for Touhou together with his/her advanced skill of modelling, animating and modding. Realistically speaking, it's neither probable nor plausible; though it is possible.

How are you going to make your dream come true? Any concrete plans?
Rumo
Newerth Donator

<3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:05 pm »

Just had to search for Touhou, since I didn't have any idea what it is. Do you really think that the Sav community wants their game to be in "Touhou Style"? Souns like an obtrusion for other players. - for me it looks as bad as any anime related stuff.

valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

Just had to search for Touhou, since I didn't have any idea what it is. Do you really think that the Sav community wants their game to be in "Touhou Style"? Souns like an obtrusion for other players. - for me it looks as bad as any anime related stuff.

Didn't he say that the touhou community would come here to play savage more and not hte other way around Cheesy or do I read this wrong?

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Do you really think that the Sav community wants their game to be in "Touhou Style"? Souns like an obtrusion for other players. - for me it looks as bad as any anime related stuff.

If anything, it would be a mod to download; not default. Grin So it wouldn't even affect 'other players'.
If you want it, download it; if you don't want it, don't download it.

That is, if it happens.
Rumo
Newerth Donator

<3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:04:04 pm »

Didn't he say that the touhou community would come here to play savage more and not hte other way around Cheesy or do I read this wrong?

"...a general conversion of the game into a Touhou type motif..."
Meh, won't happen anyways. Close thread.
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 11:48:17 pm »

Touhou. I'm a big fan!

Hmmm...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: