Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2019, 09:49:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189810 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18369 Members
Latest Member: hrjfimmdz
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Newerth Hosted Competitions
| |-+  Other Competitions
| | |-+  Newerth Instagib Competition (NIC) (Moderator: drk)
| | | |-+  Rules
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rules  (Read 1614 times)
drk
Community Serveradmin

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:37:26 am »

Newerth Instagib Competition rules

General:
  • Main rule is a common sense (we don’t need big and complicated rules).
  • Game format is 3 vs 3.
  • Game time: 30-45 min (3 rounds for 15 mins. Every round on the new map. 3rd map is not required in case of 2-0 and if both of teams agree not to play next).

• One “clan leader” can register all his teammates. Example:
    <Clan Name>  <clan link>
    Player-1 (cl)     <stats link>
    Player-2          <stats link>
    Player-3          <stats link>
  • You can register more than 3 people (up to 5 for the backup)
  • You can kick out old (inactive) and register new members during the competition. No time limits. CL or the member of your team must make a new post in the “Registration” thread:
    New player for  <Clan Name>
    Player-4          <stats link>
    Kicked player from  <Clan Name> (reason)
    Player-5          <stats link>
  • A player can’t swap between different teams during the competition except “special cases” (inactive team etc.)
  • Competition must contain even number of the teams. Last registered (odd) team will not be included in this competition. This step was made to let every team have a cw every week. In case if one of the teams stops playing during the season we will try to find/form new team that will be included in the competition

Participation:
  • Matches must be played 3 vs 3
  • You must use an icon you signed up for the NIC.
  • Everything must be officially scheduled in the Matches board.
  • Wins score 3 points, draws 1 point, and losses 0 points. A results table will be drawn up and updated weekly.
  • In the end of the season teams will have tiebreakers for the positions in the table.
  • You can contact NIC admin in case of the dispute (screenshots or demos are welcome).
  • Intentional exploits, hacks, cheats, participation for different teams will be punished. Teams can lose their points, players could be banned from the competition.
  • Teams must log their scores in the match thread after a cw.
  • If a team quits the NIC, their record will not be wiped clean. Previous results will not be deleted. All future games of the quitting team will result in a win for the opponent team or the opponent gets a new team to play with.

Maps:
  • Current NIC contains 3 maps (same maps for every week):
    • ig_circlewar
    • ig_instagib2
    • ig_mini2

NIC settings:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:47:21 am by drk » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 02:03:04 pm »

Which most people don't have and the other half pretends not to follow with excuses, hence the need for real rules. Huh
If the organizer is lax with the rules, so will the players be intentionally.

• One “clan leader” can register all his teammates.
Newerth and Newerth competition player bans still apply, so registering them via proxy still does not count.

• Wins score 3 points, draws 1 point, and losses 0 points.
  • Game time: 30-45 min (3 rounds for 15 mins. Every round on the new map. 3rd map is not required in case of 2-0 and if both of teams agree not to play next).
So after 15 minutes without a winner, each round counts as a draw? So it's possible to get 0:0 (3 rounds), 1:1 (3 rounds), 2:1 (3 rounds), 3:0 (3 rounds), and 3:0 (2 rounds, last round forfeited)?

• In the end of the season teams will have tiebreakers for the positions in the table.
For teams with the same amount of points? Or are there more factors in this?

• If a team quits the NIC, their record will not be wiped clean. Previous results will not be deleted. All future games of the quitting team will result in a win for the opponent team or the opponent gets a new team to play with.
If this does happen, the scores will be falsified at the end and not fair. This is not a good option, hence other competitions don't use it anymore.
drk
Community Serveradmin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 03:56:08 pm »

Which most people don't have and the other half pretends not to follow with excuses, hence the need for real rules. Huh
If the organizer is lax with the rules, so will the players be intentionally.
99% of the people will not read these (or any) rules.
This mode does not require any special rules. You can't exploit with a cata, you can't build a sub over the wall, you can't behe camp and so on.
Maps are small. You can't even hide since all of the players have 5th sense and sensors.
All that they are supposed to do is to join, pew-pew with lazers and leave in 30 minutes.
This 'common sense' leaves me an opportunity to kick a team/player from the competition in case if the break 'unwritten/unmentioned rule'.
Newerth and Newerth competition player bans still apply, so registering them via proxy still does not count.
Our community is small. We know each other for years.
There are a lot of people that are ready to play but they don't read forum. I hope that teams are able to be responsible for their own players. In other case they could be banned.
Also - old registration required about 1 month (untill every member signs in). Now It's possible to end the registration in 1-2 weeks.
So after 15 minutes without a winner, each round counts as a draw? So it's possible to get 0:0 (3 rounds), 1:1 (3 rounds), 2:1 (3 rounds), 3:0 (3 rounds), and 3:0 (2 rounds, last round forfeited)?
You got it wrong.
There is no difference in teams. Both teams do not need to play 2 rounds on 1 map.
So (call it games instead of the rounds)
game 1: map1 - 15min long (1st round)
game 2: map2 - 15min long (2nd round)
if the score is 2-0 after 2 first - then they concede the 3rd round.
For teams with the same amount of points? Or are there more factors in this?
For 1,2 and 3rd place if the teams have the same amount of points and are willing to make tiebreakers.
If this does happen, the scores will be falsified at the end and not fair. This is not a good option, hence other competitions don't use it anymore.
Do you mean if the first team was weak and the second (new) team is stronger? First of all we can ask the rest of the teams if they are ready to play vs new opponent. Still I think it's better than to wait 2 weeks untill the next game.

First of all it must be fun. Less bureaucracy please.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:09:26 pm »

This 'common sense' leaves me an opportunity to kick a team/player from the competition in case if the break 'unwritten/unmentioned rule'.
Competitions shouldn't have any unwritten/unmentioned rules. Grin

Our community is small. We know each other for years.
There are a lot of people that are ready to play but they don't read forum. I hope that teams are able to be responsible for their own players. In other case they could be banned.
I mean, they cannot sign up anyone that is not allowed to join.
Banned players cannot circumvent their bans by having the team leaders sign them up.
They can sign up anyone else according to your rules.

You got it wrong.
There is no difference in teams. Both teams do not need to play 2 rounds on 1 map.
So (call it games instead of the rounds)
game 1: map1 - 15min long (1st round)
game 2: map2 - 15min long (2nd round)
if the score is 2-0 after 2 first - then they concede the 3rd round.
What happens after 15 minutes without a winner?

Do you mean if the first team was weak and the second (new) team is stronger? First of all we can ask the rest of the teams if they are ready to play vs new opponent. Still I think it's better than to wait 2 weeks untill the next game.
It works in both directions.
Strong team beats teams, then quits. Everyone that was beaten lost points, yet everyone after gets free wins.
Weak team loses to everyone, then quits. Then a new team joins and doesn't lose to everyone else. The first teams got easy points.
It's neither fair nor reasonable - it'll ruin people's enjoyment of the competition if it does happen.

First of all it must be fun. Less bureaucracy please.
It's the organizer's job to handle the excessive bureaucracy so that the players don't need to worry about it. Afro
It needs to be done properly, or not at all.
drk
Community Serveradmin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:36:51 pm »

If people agree to take part in such competition why not then?
Reffering is also based a lot on a common sense whatever they say. People always can find a way to bypass your rules.
If this competition shows me that I'm wrong I'll rewrite the rules based on a feedback.

What happens after 15 minutes without a winner?
Draw (for example if the score is 58-58).

It works in both directions.
Strong team beats teams, then quits. Everyone that was beaten lost points, yet everyone after gets free wins.
Weak team loses to everyone, then quits. Then a new team joins and doesn't lose to everyone else. The first teams got easy points.
It's neither fair nor reasonable - it'll ruin people's enjoyment of the competition if it does happen.
You are right. I can exclude this.

I mean, they cannot sign up anyone that is not allowed to join.
Banned players cannot circumvent their bans by having the team leaders sign them up.
They can sign up anyone else according to your rules.
Ok, I'll change it as it was before. Anyway I want to let an option 'to sign up a friend that is not able to do it by himself'.

so that the players don't need to worry about it. Afro
They don't need to worry about anything. They can accept current rules as they are or not to accept them and not to play at all.

I can remove Newerth from the NIC title (so Newerth will stay clean from all the shame of this possible competition) and make it Noobs Instagib Competition if you think that it's not properly as it is now.
I'm not planning to make it once per 3 years like NSL that was being done properly.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 05:52:39 pm »

If people agree to take part in such competition why not then?
You're opening yourself up for abuse and drama, that's the problem.
And we've learned that competitive Savage players are always looking to find ways to gain advantages through unfair means and loopholes.

Reffering is also based a lot on a common sense whatever they say. People always can find a way to bypass your rules.
This is not reffing, this is oranigizing. Rolleyes
And people constantly complain about refs using "common sense" instead of rules - the amount of ref abuse claims out there makes this a bad example.

If this competition shows me that I'm wrong I'll rewrite the rules based on a feedback.
Unless there is something critically broken, you should never have to rewrite rules DURING the competition - hence you make sure rules are thought through before it starts.
And sure, for the next NIC after this one, you can adjust the rules according to what you learned from this one.
(Or any other future competitions.)

Anyway I want to let an option 'to sign up a friend that is not able to do it by himself'.
This is okay, makes it easier and quicker to get this going Smiley
I'm just saying make sure they don't use this feature to sign up banned people.

I can remove Newerth from the NIC title (so Newerth will stay clean from all the shame of this possible competition) and make it Noobs Instagib Competition if you think that it's not properly as it is now.
There is no problem with you hosting it on Newerth as Newerth.
I've pointing out mistakes in the rules so you can improve them so there won't be problems during the competition and all players can enjoy playing without worrying.
valli
Quack or die!
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 09:32:36 pm »

Common sense as rule on a Savage Competiton. Wow, congratulations! That sounds akward.

He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: