Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2019, 08:13:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189812 Posts in 10979 Topics by 18370 Members
Latest Member: Dogbreath
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  Mapping & Modding Forum
| | |-+  Noobs4Boobs comeback
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noobs4Boobs comeback  (Read 6131 times)
Castomere

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:57:15 pm »

Any news about this? I miss this server so much! I'm from the Philippines and I used to stay up until 8am in the morning just to play with you guys! I used to be a member of Church of Jarvis. I met the guy who opened my mind to conspiracies here. He was one of the best players here, and I remember MNI-Uruk Hai banning him because he admitted to using some hack that would make aiming easier. I wonder how Uruk Hai is, he was already around 48 years old years ago. I also remember making friends, like the Traniastic Killer. I wonder where he is now. You guys were my childhood friends! Sorry, I forgot the username that I went by on this game. I also remembered COJ-BigDick.What a funny guy! Haha!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 02:58:55 pm by Castomere » Logged
EpicIkaros
Social Hub Administrator

Tinyurl.com/xrdiscord

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 07:05:56 am »

I've looked through the files and find up to a few adjustments to the tempo. Ammunition. Speed. And building healing does not make much difference to the standard game. But I can not remember the server of n4b what was different there. Too long ago. Can someone give a summary of what the difference was.
Mad jumps (high), pretty much inf. stam and mana, workers built faster (i think so), shock was also really OP, but can't remember how it worked tho.
I think weapons range was longer as well, as well fireball didn't have the "aim" choice, just spamm it like a madman.
Atom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2019, 06:02:47 pm »

Hello,

I also used to play this server back in the day (played under "Viewer"), and I recall playing with OP Smellycakes, Glock, De_Chocolate, SocialSecurity, Jarvis, Negromanus, COJ-Arenos, etc..

It would be great if this mod ever came back! I've been looking forward to it for years, as well!

I've looked through the files and find up to a few adjustments to the tempo. Ammunition. Speed. And building healing does not make much difference to the standard game. But I can not remember the server of n4b what was different there. Too long ago. Can someone give a summary of what the difference was.
Mad jumps (high), pretty much inf. stam and mana, workers built faster (i think so), shock was also really OP, but can't remember how it worked tho.
I think weapons range was longer as well, as well fireball didn't have the "aim" choice, just spamm it like a madman.

To add to this:
- Shamans were also able to throw the human chaplain potions
- Chaplains were also able to use the beast shaman shield ray
- Summoners were able to sprint and jump (not sure if this is also the case in the original version, if so the jump was at least increased in height)
- Summoner mana cost was decreased -> with full bar they could do two summoner strikes
- Regular tower strength was increased: the arrows hit with the power of a ballista
- Behemoths were equipped with three items: mist shroud, storm shield and sixth sense
- On exiting a ballista or catapult, I believe humans would not be a nomad but a legionnaire
- I believe all items (and maybe some/all weapons) were available for both humans and beasts at the start of the game

I will continue to think about this for a while and post if I remember anything else. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do, please let me know and I will try to help with the fullest of my (granted, limited) abilities!  Smiley

Thank you for trying to ressurect Noobs4Boobs!
Atom

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 01:16:24 pm »

"You are a legend!"

Just say the word if you want to test it with/against another player, I'd be more than happy to volunteer. Smiley

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 02:35:13 pm »

Well done, that certainly took a lot of effort.
Back when I asked for information, I barely got any and abandoned the idea of recreating this.
mutan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 12:56:00 pm »

Today someone voted for a different mod on this server and we couldn't go back to N4B. What is the mod name to call it?  Huh

Do you have high ambitions about your future but you smoke joints?! We will protect you, by putting you in to jail for atleast 3 years, with serial murderers and rapists. But atleast you wont ruin your life by drugs!
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 03:56:19 am »

Vote for xr. Is currently written on Xr standard because it is not yet integrated into Xr. Or vote for dm or footy map and then again on a standard map. I put on n4b again

Why is it written on XR standard in the first place? Huh

Arenos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 05:20:28 pm »

Hey all! Its good to see some familiar names working on this. I've been searching for n4b related posts every now and then but I didnt expect to find this here. Is the server up and playable? I cant access my computer right now so I cant check it myself

I miss the times too, the memory is so faded I was supprised to see my name mentioned here haha. Had to make a account just to be able to reply.

Again, its nice to see people here. Especially you choco. I tried to find your email long time ago but I had lost it.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: