Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2019, 12:33:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189834 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18306 Members
Latest Member: oslfktzmsr
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!  (Read 35410 times)
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2017, 05:29:37 pm »

Add /callvote msgcomm to the possible callvotes in the list.

Go ingame and type /callvote in the chat. It is not listed there, you might add it! (Just so it's complete!)

Maybe remove "ask X" too. It was used by Uttar at some point but has no real use anymore. (Or just remove it from the list when you type "ask" in the console)

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2017, 06:44:09 pm »

Add /callvote msgcomm to the possible callvotes in the list.
Go ingame and type /callvote in the chat. It is not listed there, you might add it! (Just so it's complete!)
Everything is in the list, but only votes that are valid at that specific moment are shown.
While msg can be any time, msgcomm can only be during a match (=GAME_STATUS_NORMAL), and thus will only appear in the list during a match.

Maybe remove "ask X" too. It was used by Uttar at some point but has no real use anymore. (Or just remove it from the list when you type "ask" in the console)
Uh, sure... :p
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:51:57 pm by Hakugei » Logged
drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2017, 08:11:09 pm »

By the way: would be good to make small bugfix in the gui: to hide a panel with resources/sh-lair hp when you dont spectate anybody.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:53 pm »

Requesting bug fix: Balista projectile got marked as target.

proof: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gpTwfEsdA_YW4zMTllbXRqS3c/view?usp=sharing

Its a demo file from a game tonight. Fast forward til about 19:55, and do max slow motion. Around 19:58-20:00 you will see a balista projectile gets marked as target by either commander or some officer. Not sure which one, but i was a normal fieldplayer when i got the order.

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2017, 11:25:07 pm »

Right now if you have too many .demo files in your /game/demo directory savage will crash if you click on the 'Demo' tab on the main menu. Maybe there's some way that savage doesn't crash like splitting it up into pages?

Tzvi

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2017, 11:38:14 pm »

If to pick something good from SavRez.
Disable Spec ability to "Spy" on a team/comm and pm a player/comm on the other team what is happening..

As a comm I experience that feeling.. I make a sneak garr or choose a sneaky tactic and I see some trolls in spec.. (like Djinghis/Grapist or just someone I had an argument with).. next thing I know I get countered or spotted in the middle of the plan.

So shortly:
1) Specs should not be able to pm non-specs
2) Specs should not be able to chat on pub (or maybe this can be solved by more refs to moderate pub chat)
3) Specs should not be able to participate in draw votes in my opinion.

TRA
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2017, 11:46:35 pm »

If to pick something good from SavRez.
Disable Spec ability to "Spy" on a team/comm and pm a player/comm on the other team what is happening..

So shortly:
1) Specs should not be able to pm non-specs
2) Specs should not be able to chat on pub (or maybe this can be solved by more refs to moderate pub chat)
There are too many ways around this.
Foremost, using external programs to chat or talk.
Secondly, you can all chat (this will not be disabled).
Thirdly, even if all chat was disabled, you can start a msg vote.
Fourthly, even if we disable all chat and msg votes, you can change your name to give out hints.
Fifthly, you can join the enemy team and tell them directly.
Sixthly, if the enemy team is full, you can get someone else to join the other team for a moment.
And seventhly, you could also just join the team you want to spy on and then use all chat or PM to warn the enemy team.

It would not stop people from spying, and it would greatly diminish the enjoyment from everyone else.

3) Specs should not be able to participate in draw votes in my opinion.
They could just join a team to vote and then retreat back to spec.
So if enough people want this, I'll do it anyway, but otherwise it basically does nothing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 12:08:32 am by Hakugei » Logged
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2017, 12:20:54 am »

How about allowing /ref destroy to aim at objects like grimms_walls too? Could help when peoples are exploiting to actually just kil lthe wall...

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2017, 12:23:24 am »

Simple feature addon suggestion, deeply needed : Profany filter.

there is a game called "town of salem" which have it, and it turns all swearing, racism etc and nasty insults into random gibberish.

I think such a feature could be useful in savage aswell, as the community language isnt particulary "inviting" to new people. Take a look at Rin for instance.

and of course- the filter should be optionally, and able to turn on/off in settings.

No idea how much work it will be, if too much - dont prioritize it Smiley

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2017, 12:47:49 am »

it turns all swearing, racism etc and nasty insults into random gibberish.
and of course- the filter should be optionally, and able to turn on/off in settings.
This already exists, but is off by default.
\game\filter.cfg
If you open console and type in "exec filter.cfg" it'll work.

Maybe I'll turn it on... Rolleyes
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2017, 01:12:35 am »

it turns all swearing, racism etc and nasty insults into random gibberish.
This already exists, but is off by default.
\game\filter.cfg
If you open console and type in "exec filter.cfg" it'll work.

Maybe I'll turn it on... Rolleyes

In some cases it does not work. If this it he case type "cl_filter_filter 1" in your console and try again.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2017, 01:27:34 am »

In some cases it does not work. If this it he case type "cl_filter_filter 1" in your console and try again.
It's 1 by default, so if it's not, the person manually set it to 0. Huh

And before anyone cheeky types in "cvarlist cl_filter_" and asks if they're related to cl_filter_filter, the answer is no.  Tongue
According to the code (if they still work), it's for ignoring messages.
Necrophiliac
XR Map Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2017, 03:43:00 am »

This game finally gets an update and people are asking for profanity filters and chat bans.... are you trying to kill the small community that is left?
Please don't waste your time on this kind of stuff :/

Astronis
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2017, 08:11:17 am »

Hey there,

I wonder if for the the next patch you could work on removing the ability for behespawners to protect sub-lairs and spawn flags.

It is way too often that when Human try to push the sub it is easily coutnered by one behe spawner that can clear the whole push and allow beast to counterpush. This happens almost everytime that you go for a demo run. It is REALLY annoying to play against as Human and it's just an dirty gimmick that ruins the sportmanship of the game. It also happens that behe spawners block ballista shots on the sub from far away.

It would be nice if you could offer some improvements in that area since it would make games much better and less dirty.

My suggestions are:

1. Create an small Area of Effect around the Sub-Lair in which behes aren't allowed to attack, this will allow hums to hug the sub lair with the demo without being interfered by the behe. If they try to attack it will not work and you will display a message in red text "Shame on you you dirty behe spawner, not so funny now aren't ya, you little cunt"

2. Refs should be more strict in this case and kick behe spawners for atleast 2 hours. This will make people think twice about behe spawning at the sub.

3. The demo explosion effect that was implemented before was a great idea. I know it was abused but it should learn them to not behe spawn when the team turn against them.

EDIT: It would also be great if you could add a new Helmet for the Savage Unit, or give the option to disable helmets for Units.

Would be happy to see if some content regarding this was released Smiley

Thanks for working hard on this game, good work!

Best Regards

Astronis
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:37:24 am by Astronis » Logged
drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

It also happens that behe spawners block ballista shots on the sub from far away.
Why not? Siege vs siege. All is fine in this case.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: