Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 13, 2020, 01:04:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
190016 Posts in 11005 Topics by 18524 Members
Latest Member: h1ppy
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!  (Read 49676 times)
drk
Community Serveradmin
XR Coder

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2017, 01:31:07 pm »

By the way. I had and still having one strange bug.
It depends from the server (or connection?): on gg's it happens, on Pulse - not.
Chat disappears. Panel with frags does not show anything. Only reconnect helps. Could happen when there are many people on the server. Also it happens when you are trying to resign and spawn fast from the com and get back then.
I can try to watch into the logs what is happening in that moment if it happens again.

KingKong_

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2017, 01:53:58 pm »

Just to be clear, though I suggested a lot of mapping related features, I won't be making any maps myself. A few days of playing on pub reminded my why I don't play this game, the amount of toxicity there just ruins the game for me, and I already need another extended break.
Urien

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2017, 04:32:01 pm »

Yeah, instead of the big ass beige colored UI, can we just have a UI similiar to Sav Rez?

It's much more cleaner and less distracting in my opinion.

Go to Options/Game, bottom-left corner, Ingame FPS HUD Interface skin - and see which one you like.

Oh, thank you Daemon
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2017, 09:07:46 pm »

There is 1 bug that really can decide games sometimes.

Sometimes a demo requires more than 3 hits on a level +4 pred, however it's impossible for me to reproduce.
There must be a random component happening.
It is also a bug that only appeared in the recent years.

Only thing I know that has been done to demo recently is the behe nerf to it, did the demo change in any way after this?

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2017, 09:49:30 pm »

Sometimes a demo requires more than 3 hits on a level +4 pred, however it's impossible for me to reproduce.
There must be a random component happening.
You probably can't reproduce it, because I fixed 3-hit demos a long time ago. Smiley
If it does still happen anyway, please let me know in more details what leads up to it and which server it is on (might be related), and I'll fix it.
Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2017, 11:00:28 pm »

It happened today, I hit the demo with some leaps back and forth cause of dodging hits. But I'm sure I hit it.
I also know I'm not the only one who experienced it, it occurs very rarely however - so work on important things before attempting a squash on this one Smiley .

Pulse server
not really anything leading up to it, just a normal demo on a sublair.(no one standing on it)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 11:02:14 pm by Shagroth » Logged

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2017, 11:25:35 pm »

It happened today, I hit the demo with some leaps back and forth cause of dodging hits. But I'm sure I hit it.
I also know I'm not the only one who experienced it, it occurs very rarely however
Hmm, random bugs are always my favorite. Sad
I'll see if I can find anything.

Are you sure enough that lag didn't cause it?
And were you certainly level4? (Though level shouldn't matter after the fix anyway.)
And are demos 3 or 4 hits for scav?
Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »

I also know I'm not the only one who experienced it, it occurs very rarely however
Hmm, random bugs are always my favorite. Sad
I'll see if I can find anything.

Are you sure enough that lag didn't cause it?
And were you certainly level4? (Though level shouldn't matter after the fix anyway.)
And are demos 3 or 4 hits for scav?

It's 3 for everyone, it's got the new lives thing, remember? Cheesy

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2017, 12:35:56 am »

It's 3 for everyone, it's got the new lives thing, remember? Cheesy
Hence if it really is 3 for scav, that means it's running the fix. :p
And if it's not, then why isn't it? Rolleyes
Ale

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2017, 09:10:51 am »

I can confirm what Shag says. Sometimes its feels like you have disabled it already, move on to the next target and suddenly in explodes anyway. Thing is, it's just a feeling. So it could be that for some reason you havn't hit it three times and your feelings are fooling you (which is more likely than a demo needing 4 hits). Similar things happen to me in duels. I don't actively count the hits I made or the meds the enemy has taken yet I usually know how much more the opponent can take. But sometimes I am wrong. So before filing a bug we should try to reproduce it.
kLLik
XR Mapper

gg izi

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2017, 10:05:13 am »

hi , about maps: new textures, new objects, water layer(realistic), shadows(not with paint Smiley) etc etc , will be something new??

just ask..
Captain Kenway

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2017, 12:33:32 pm »

I have experienced 4 hits for demo A LOT in the last 5 months, the problem is certainly there. Doesnt matter with which unit I hit it, nor the level I am.

Sail under the free Black Flag
Or die a slave you maggots

arrrr
HARRRRRRR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBMVZdE97l0&index=22&
Gridfon
Righteous Scarecrow
Newerth Council

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2017, 01:09:42 pm »

I have experienced 4 hits for demo A LOT in the last 5 months, the problem is certainly there. Doesnt matter with which unit I hit it, nor the level I am.

This is true. I saw this bug happening a lot, and it happened regularly (easily more than once per day). Some 4-5 months ago. I heard the same complaints from numerous other players. It happened both on Pulse and on GK.

What confuses me is that at some point over the span of these 4-5 months it went from "very regularly" to "very rarely". Not sure why; may be the frequency of this bug is my subjective perception based on my activity. I did gradually go inactive.
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2017, 03:08:21 pm »

This is true. I saw this bug happening a lot, and it happened regularly (easily more than once per day). Some 4-5 months ago. I heard the same complaints from numerous other players. It happened both on Pulse and on GK.
I better bring some over-night snacks.

hi , about maps: new textures, new objects, water layer(realistic), shadows(not with paint Smiley) etc etc , will be something new??
That depends on if Daemon has the time for new stuff or if someone else makes them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 03:16:02 pm by Hakugei » Logged
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2017, 09:17:26 am »

Requesting a cap on the turnspeed behemots have - to prevent 360 degree multikills. They should be slow to turn, and in that way, make them a lot more useless for defensive purposes.

Not sure if technically possible. Daemon wrote something about that behemots belonged to siege class, and that is wasnt possible some time ago,but I think its worth mentioning nonetheless.

Edit: if possible to implement, I think this should be pretty high up on the priority list, as it solves quite a lot of camping problems in general gameplay, both at sublairs and flags.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 09:25:09 am by Bullet » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: