Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2019, 12:16:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Savage: XR is a new patch for Savage, created by the Newerth.com staff. The XR1.1 Client is out now! Download it now!
189833 Posts in 10996 Topics by 18305 Members
Latest Member: ertre
* Home Forum Wiki Help Search Login Register
+  Newerth Forums
|-+  Savage XR
| |-+  General Savage XR Discussion
| | |-+  It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: It's time for a big patch - XR 1.3!  (Read 35382 times)
Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: February 21, 2017, 05:36:44 pm »

Looks perfectly legit to me...

Because a person is still part of the team thus a persons stats is part of the teams stats.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 21, 2017, 05:40:01 pm »

Because a person is still part of the team thus a persons stats is part of the teams stats.

No, because your human kills and deaths transfer to the other team if you swap. It doesnt make any sense with 0/0 in human teamscore and 4/6 on beasts - when all those stats was gained as a human player. Its simple logic. It should not be locked to person. Each kill a team does, need to be stored separately, such that it shows all kills/deaths a team have during a game, regardless if the player leaves, changes team or  crashes.

Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 21, 2017, 05:50:42 pm »

Im on a streak.

Requesting fix for spectating . Currently you can spectate dead bodies of both teams, npc's etc, anyone on the field.

The following fix:
- Only be able to spectate people on same team which are alive
- Upon death be aauto-switched to loadout screen, but can still be revived while respawntimer goes down, as long as you dont respawn, buy things/items/weapons or request gold.

The reason: enforce competetive play. I dont know how many times I have died scouting a area, just to see, as a dead player, the enemy team construct a sub/garr, and I warned the team (while dead)

Currently you can, as a dead player on a team:
1. Specate npcs
2. Specate dead teammates bodies
3. spectate teammates (obviously)

How I did it:
1. join team online, die to something. Press space and right click to switch between people and stuff while you are dead.

P.s No idea how I got to specate npc, but it most often happened when right clicking. Space didnt seem to bring me to npcs.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 06:02:40 pm by Bullet » Logged

Trigardon
Forum Administrator
Legendary Member

Demonic Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2017, 06:25:51 pm »

No, because your human kills and deaths transfer to the other team if you swap. It doesnt make any sense with 0/0 in human teamscore and 4/6 on beasts - when all those stats was gained as a human player. Its simple logic. It should not be locked to person. Each kill a team does, need to be stored separately, such that it shows all kills/deaths a team have during a game, regardless if the player leaves, changes team or  crashes.

Right now that's the only way to see if a team is stacked. Also If you swap you as player still have 4-6 while your team has 0-0. That would make absolutely no sense to me as a spectator nor commander. On the other hand I see more disadvantages than advantages in adding this. What is it's actually gain for the human team if they have 200 kills more or less?

Im on a streak.

Requesting fix for spectating . Currently you can spectate dead bodies of both teams, npc's etc, anyone on the field.

The following fix:
- Upon death be aauto-switched to loadout screen, but can still be revived while respawntimer goes down, as long as you dont respawn, buy things/items/weapons or request gold.

The reason: enforce competetive play. I dont know how many times I have died scouting a area, just to see, as a dead player, the enemy team construct a sub/garr, and I warned the team (while dead)

In a clanwar if you stay dead to just scout brings you the overview over subs and tech probably but your team is still missing one player. And it doesn't change the outcome. In all my CW experience I never heard or saw someone complaining about that. No offense, but have you actually ever played clanwars?

On public it doesn't matter anyway, as there are so many players around sneak garrs and subs are rarely possible to do.

It might be nice to have this optionally implemented but it feels like it'll be never used by any competition nor server admin ever.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2017, 06:46:02 pm »

Requesting filters for picking maps when calling a vote, in the vote panel.
I'll consider it, but GUI requests are always uncertain as things are coded in stupidly strict ways.

You can easely reproduce this logical flaw by joining a server, kill/die a couple of times and then join the other team, and look how the teamscores changed.
It's not flawed, as it's the combined score of all players on that team from this match.
If it was the team's score, sure, but it's not - that's your misconception.
Regardless, maybe we can have both!

The following fix:
I don't think this is happening, because it's coded in a way where entering loadout removes your link to the body as you're already filling up a new one with stuff and the corpse begins rotting. Which is also why you can't revive them anymore. I'll think about it.
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2017, 07:17:36 pm »

Regarding teamscores:

Right now that's the only way to see if a team is stacked.

No, teamscores in savage are not even, because the races are assymmetrical, and they vary alot depending on mapsize etc. its a horrible way to judge if a team is stacked, especially in long, late games. Early on I agree it can be useful though, except for sac rushes.. But dont you think you can judge if a game is stacked equally well, just by looking at each players individual score? if the majoriy of your team is negative in k/d ratio, its likely to be stacked.

Also If you swap you as player still have 4-6 while your team has 0-0. That would make absolutely no sense to me as a spectator nor commander. On the other hand I see more disadvantages than advantages in adding this. What is it's actually gain for the human team if they have 200 kills more or less?

As I have said, the teamscore doesnt fit particulary well to indicate stacked teams. So what purpose does it serve? Personally I would love to give it a new purpose- showing how the match evolved in post-game, showing up teamscore for every 10th minute of the game, and its corresponding teamscores at such time.

Imagine something like this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1gpTwfEsdA_T0dIT3RNb3VFWkU/view?usp=sharing    (its a picture made in paint in my google drive folder)

Showing how each team played during the game, and showing up at the end of the game ( it would need to be two bars, one for each team).

In a clanwar if you stay dead to just scout brings you the overview over subs and tech probably but your team is still missing one player. And it doesn't change the outcome. In all my CW experience I never heard or saw someone complaining about that. No offense, but have you actually ever played clanwars?

Regarding the specator "bug"
The reason noone have complained is because everyone does it, so its acceptable. From a competetive P.o.V. you cannot look at this other than as an  un-intended exploit of the specator feature - making the game more worse in competetive settings.

On public it doesn't matter anyway, as there are so many players around sneak garrs and subs are rarely possible to do.

4000 maps in all sizes. Especially large maps. It does matter. You know how many maps it is possible to take advantage of this on ? Any map which you can build a garr/sub bd lair/sh. battlefront, choke (the snow passage for instance), etc. And secondly, if someone purposely goes to scout a place, they go alone often (not allways), but often. Your argument is flawed in so many ways I cannot state them all.  Sad

It might be nice to have this optionally implemented but it feels like it'll be never used by any competition nor server admin ever.
I agree from a developers pov, especially the spectator issues are not -THAT-important.

summary:
 However - the teamscores i do believe shouldnt be so hard to fix, and would be quite a useful addition to the end-game screen, and would be interesting from a commanders pov aswell.

Shagroth
no u
Newerth Council
Super Hero Member

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:00 pm »

Yes I know about the low sound that barely changes volume, but its not noticable, and I want to hear it like I hear when I'm hitting something with flux to be absolutely sure I'm hitting my target.

Doesn't matter if it's not stored in DB I play with stats off, I just want to see the amount of healing done, I want to see the impact you can have on the game as a healer, thus making it more rewarding to play a healer and more attractive.
After playing shaman for 1 hour just now i realized there is something missing. ShamanShield

A sound that lets you know you are hitting something with shield, maybe just a brigher version of the current shaman shielding sound

Well there is a sound (and i added it along with a purple effect too) when hitting something with shield, but originates at the target, so if you're far away, you may not hear it.

At rewards screen, it only says revives not amount of healing done. Shouldn't be hard to add in healing done?

Even if it would say healing done, the game and the DB only store revives, not healed HP.

Daemon
XR Main Developer
Legendary Member

beware, for this is the everbroken...

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2017, 09:54:35 pm »

Owned.

Ale

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2017, 09:08:54 am »

Pretty long topic already... So I'm sorry if it's already been reported but there is another bug I noticed yesterday:

When a worker dies near his colleagues (i.e. when you slay him to free slots for workers elsewhere), the other workers sometimes stop doing whatever they were doing. Can't reproduce it yet but it happened to me alot.

EDIT:
Another bug i noticed is when you mark a group of friendly units as commander and siege weapons or the supporter unit (i.e. tree, flying ballon steampunk thingy) is among them, you cannot access the build menu. You have to unmark these certain units to build sth.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:34:40 pm by Ale » Logged
Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 24, 2017, 12:16:17 am »

When a worker dies near his colleagues (i.e. when you slay him to free slots for workers elsewhere), the other workers sometimes stop doing whatever they were doing. Can't reproduce it yet but it happened to me alot.
I'll need more info than that, unfortunately. Once I have it, I'll take a look.

Another bug i noticed is when you mark a group of friendly units as commander and siege weapons or the supporter unit (i.e. tree, flying ballon steampunk thingy) is among them, you cannot access the build menu. You have to unmark these certain units to build sth.
I'll probably take a look.
Nanaa
Newerth Donator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: February 24, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »

Revive a pred with shaman > revive animation ends > start healing revived pred as soon as you can > 50% of the time your first couple of heal bursts heal 0 hp > after pred's resurrection animation finishes, heals work normally.

Watch the demo attached. Bug occurs after first revive on pred. Then doesn't occur with scav, stalker, shaman or pred. Then it occurs with pred again, then not with pred... and so fort. I'm not sure if it ever occured with other units than pred.

I have not found any reasonable explanation to this but I guess it's somehow connected to the revived unit's invulnerability frames.

I tested that it doesn't matter if you heal legs or upper body.

This bug has existed a very long time, perhaps even from the beginning.

* Nanaa-eden2-02.24.2017-2.rar (271.24 KB - downloaded 35 times.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:13:05 pm by Nanaa » Logged
Bullet
Python enthusiast
Newerth Donator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2017, 12:01:40 pm »

Requesting a new simple, feature: Defensive spires/towers have a priority system, and commander can choose to select which targets should be prioritized as targets within the spire/Towers defensive range. Spires/towers can still be distracted by any units if it takes damage.

Example can be prioritize siege units  or prioritize normal units.

An additional note:
 - Would also be very lovely if comm could select a tower and then target a specific player/person within the towers range and the tower would then attack the selected person.

Hakugei
XR Coder
Legendary Member

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 26, 2017, 01:40:22 am »

Requesting a new simple, feature: Defensive spires/towers have a priority system, and commander can choose to select which targets should be prioritized as targets within the spire/Towers defensive range. Spires/towers can still be distracted by any units if it takes damage.
A tower has very limited range, so this feature would only be for behe and mech?

- Would also be very lovely if comm could select a tower and then target a specific player/person within the towers range and the tower would then attack the selected person.
Doesn't that already work? You can give towers attack orders. :p
blame!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 26, 2017, 07:04:28 pm »

RE: the  4 hit demo bug, this seemed to appear around the same time the change to behemoth demo damage came in (behemoths require 3 hits rather than 1)

Echoing shag and ale, yeah, hard to reproduce but seems to happen once a week or so..

-Lee-

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2017, 02:25:37 pm »

not sure if this has been posted already but i got a suggestion, some of us talked about ingame with rather positive reactions:

Remake/Buff Incinerator

e.g. increase range/aoe (a lot) and damage slightly.

nowadays incinerator isnt used at all. so why not make it actually usefull.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: